I Really Can't Believe What I've Just Seen!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
I've just seen Nick herald a pair of multi gem earrings (peridot, citrine, topaz, amethyst, quartz, tourmaline and diamonds, diamonds so small I couldn's see them) with 12.46ct as the most exciting auction of the last month.
They went down to £187.34. Were they sculpted out of exquisite 18k gold I hear you ask? No, they were silver. They actually sold three of them (out of eight), I felt like shouting go to Rockstv or tjc!
Then he went on to sell another pair of multi gem earrings, this time at 19.77ct and in 14k yellow gold for £59.99. I'm totally confused and feel I must be missing something here. I wish I knew how to post a screen shot and then I could show the respective earrings.
I've watched for a few minutes this morning and so much is remaining unsold. I can remember they days when they could put 100 pieces in an auction and they'd all fly out.

Oh dear, it makes you wonder if the people who bought them realised they were semi-precious gemstones in silver?

My Mum recently bought a sizeable pair of multi-sapphire earrings in POSS from TJC for £29.99 - bit of a difference!!!

I can't help wondering if they're on the way out.

If you do a search on the website on 'Any Shop Category', you can see how many different items they have on the website across all sections. I'm positive it used to be about 8,000; now it's 3,600. On top of that, more and more stuff is going into 'clearance'.

I'd like to be wrong, as I have some lovely things from Gems (including some fairly recent purchases), but are four separate channels selling jewellery in the UK market really sustainable, especially in the current economic climate?

I used to buy loads from Gems TV - a delivery came almost every week - but haven't done for a few months now. There's just too much crap & tat being sold nowadays.

I too have quite a few pieces from them but not bought for ages. Prices are all over the place.

Just tuned in they were selling wooden earrings. They did have a silver band down the middle and were only £5.00, but wooden earrings??? They would have been lovely had they been black onyx. Wonder what the p&p will be?

Their prices, presenters and awful music are just totally pathetic! Sadly, imho, Gems TV are now just a complete joke and they really should either sell out to someone who knows how to run a business properly or just give up!

Latest posts

Back