Returning an item.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rowley

Registered Shopper
I bought some milano charms as a first time purchase and one was a handbag, I couldn't get it to close it just hung open all the time so I decided to return it. As they advise to return by special delivery I did at a cost of £5-05, are they oblidged to refund on a faulty item.
Your agvise will be appreciated.

If it is faulty then they will refund the postage cost you incurred to send it back.

Thanks sazza I thought that was the case, just wanted to check if anyone had done this without having a problem!:happy:

Hi rowley and welcome to the forum. Yes i've returned a faulty item and got my special delivery return postage back but I did put in package a note stating i had spoken to customer services and told I would be issued with return postage refund, so I would do this to just to make sure, hope this helps :wave:

Thanks PandaBear, I have just been in touch with Rocks via their live chat and had it confirmed that it will be refunded, so I took a picture of the actual message if I need proof.
I posted it Friday so missed the opportunity to put a note in with it, but I will remember that if need be for next time.:wave:

They are rather behind with returns. When I asked on Saturday they were up to packages recieved by 10th June, so it may take a while to hear back from Rocks and/or Gems.

They are rather behind with returns. When I asked on Saturday they were up to packages recieved by 10th June, so it may take a while to hear back from Rocks and/or Gems.

Is this because they have a lot returned do you think, or is it just that they are slow to refund, I don't think I will order anything else at the moment until I know I have my refund in full, and then if that goes o.k I have seen lots I would buy.

Hi Rowley,

Normally we are able to process returns within seven days, but at the moment we are running quite some way behind that. We are putting extra people on this and have people coming in over the weekend to catch up. Basically, we have got behind as a result of integrating Gems TV and Rocks TV together. We'd hope to be back up to speed within the next two weeks.

Soon we'll be implementing a system that will email or text you when we receive your return in to the building and give you an estimate of when it should be processed by.

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Kind regards

John

Hi John,
Thanks for your input, I will just be patient then, it's nice to know what is going on.

First of all - an apology to the OP for semi-hijacking this thread.....but.....
very interesting article on BBC Breakfast this morning regarding the refunding of initial postage/shipping costs when you are returning an item.
I know that on the Rocks site is states that they will not refund this cost, however it looks like this is completely against what the distance selling regulations state, and the OFT and Consumer Direct are starting to clamp down hard on companies that 'flout the law'. (Next was specifically mentioned this morning, and they have been forced to start this refund process commencing August '10)
I know that Rocks aren't the only company that doesn't refund this cost - however, I didn't want to start a thread for each individual company represented on ST!
I appreciate that Rocks gives a longer time to return any unwanted items than they are required to by the DSR's, however this is their choice to do this. However, just because they decide to be generous about their return time period, does not mean that they are not still liable to refund initial postage too.
The guy on the TV this morning quoted three figures....30-7-30.
This represents
a) you should receive your goods within 30 days of ordering otherwise you have the right to cancel the sale contract
b) you should notify the company should you wish to return an item within 7 days of you **RECEIVING** the item, in order to claim a FULL refund
c) the company then has a maximum of 30 days to process your refund.

Sorry for the really long post - hope it sparks some discussion, as I found it very interesting this morning.
Have a good day all!

Tony

Thank you for that Tony sounds interesting, But are we talking about returned items we just don't like or is this for faulty items.
I would imagine it should cover all shopping channels and not just Rocks. If this is the case all I can say is the sooner it gets undeway the better!

Distance selling

Hi

i was under the impression that if it was a genuine auction the distance selling regs did not apply .

chatter

First of all - an apology to the OP for semi-hijacking this thread.....but.....
very interesting article on BBC Breakfast this morning regarding the refunding of initial postage/shipping costs when you are returning an item.
I know that on the Rocks site is states that they will not refund this cost, however it looks like this is completely against what the distance selling regulations state, and the OFT and Consumer Direct are starting to clamp down hard on companies that 'flout the law'. (Next was specifically mentioned this morning, and they have been forced to start this refund process commencing August '10)
I know that Rocks aren't the only company that doesn't refund this cost - however, I didn't want to start a thread for each individual company represented on ST!
I appreciate that Rocks gives a longer time to return any unwanted items than they are required to by the DSR's, however this is their choice to do this. However, just because they decide to be generous about their return time period, does not mean that they are not still liable to refund initial postage too.
The guy on the TV this morning quoted three figures....30-7-30.
This represents
a) you should receive your goods within 30 days of ordering otherwise you have the right to cancel the sale contract
b) you should notify the company should you wish to return an item within 7 days of you **RECEIVING** the item, in order to claim a FULL refund
c) the company then has a maximum of 30 days to process your refund.

Sorry for the really long post - hope it sparks some discussion, as I found it very interesting this morning.
Have a good day all!

Tony

I thank you for this information Tony, but I contacted Rocks and asked for refunds on two lots of postage under the DSR and I had complied with the 30 7 30 but was told I had not written and cancelled the order using the word cancelled in the contact or on the returns form and that to qualify for the refund I must do that. ??? I have since spoken to Consumer Direct and it would seem that the information given by Rocks was correct and you have to at least write and cancel the order using the word CANCEL to get the postage back. However this matter has been settled between myself and Rocks and in future I will use the word Cancel in my correspondence.

:headbang:

Latest posts

Back