Return saga

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I decided to return my CE pan set after getting an email from Q saying that they had given incorrect information about it and I could return it for free.

So I rang them in early August to request a return label and to tell them that I would be away for a week, so NOT to arrange collection until I got back, when I would ring them again to arrange a date. This was all agreed.

Needless to say, Evri had called to collect it while I was away, and had left a card but had not even bothered to fill it in.

So I rang Q again, and was told that the return label would now be out of date and they would have to post me a new one!!! How can a label become out of date?

I arranged for a new collection for Friday1st September, after Q assured me I would have received the new label by then.

Needless to say, the label did not arrive!
But not to matter, neither did Evri!!
And I had stayed in all day for them!!!

Two days later I discovered they had called on SUNDAY 3rd Sept. I happened to be in, but they didn't bother to ring the bell, just left another un-filled-in card.

So I rang Q again and this time they arranged for DPD to collect it instead of Evri, and DPD did not even need a label from Q, they would bring their own.

Their planned arrival was notified to me by email, I could track where they were, and they arrived within their scheduled 1 hour slot. And I was able to track the parcel back to Q, where it arrived the next day (which is today Friday 8th September) and was signed for by Q at 1049, less than 24 hours later.

Now I will have to wait and see how long my refund takes, it was over £50.

The whole saga has taken well over 1 month so far. It would have been so much quicker and easier, and probably cheaper, if they had used DPD in the first place.

Last edited:
I had an a very similar experience with a return in Feb/March this year, Strato. It was a damaged bedding set. I actually said I was happy to take it to the PO if they would send me a label or refund postage (because I foresaw problems otherwise) but they insisted it had to be collected. They couldn’t give me a date, just said Evri would come one day at least 7 days hence, by which time the label would have arrived. The label did arrive but no Evri. I left it about 3 weeks and called Q, who told me they would have to send a new label (like you) and Evri would call. Evri came but just left a card (also like you - but I wasn’t at all surprised because my Evri man taps on the glass with his little fingernail and runs!). He never came back. Third time, they arranged for DPD to come and it was as smooth as clockwork. I even got updates in the DPD app advising when he was coming on the day.

DPD 10/10
QVC 6/10
Evri 1/10

I decided to return my CE pan set after getting an email from Q saying that they had given incorrect information about it and I could return it for free.

So I rang them in early August to request a return label and to tell them that I would be away for a week, so NOT to arrange collection until I got back, when I would ring them again to arrange a date. This was all agreed.

Needless to say, Evri had called to collect it while I was away, and had left a card but had not even bothered to fill it in.

So I rang Q again, and was told that the return label would now be out of date and they would have to post me a new one!!! How can a label become out of date?

I arranged for a new collection for Friday1st September, after Q assured me I would have received the new label by then.

Needless to say, the label did not arrive!
But not to matter, neither did Evri!!
And I had stayed in all day for them!!!

Two days later I discovered they had called on SUNDAY 3rd Sept. I happened to be in, but they didn't bother to ring the bell, just left another un-filled-in card.

So I rang Q again and this time they arranged for DPD to collect it instead of Evri, and DPD did not even need a label from Q, they would bring their own.

Their planned arrival was notified to me by email, I could track where they were, and they arrived within their scheduled 1 hour slot. And I was able to track the parcel back to Q, where it arrived the next day (which is today Friday 8th September) and was signed for by Q at 1049, less than 24 hours later.

Now I will have to wait and see how long my refund takes, it was over £50.

The whole saga has taken well over 1 month so far. It would have been so much quicker and easier, and probably cheaper, if they had used DPD in the first place.
Disgraceful

They are probably trained to do that, unless s/he is the same person I have.

And also trained to leave a card with NONE of the boxes filled in, not even the date they called.
I have a metal gate (to the garden) right next to the front door and I keep it locked so I have told couriers to push items underneath if they don’t want to wait or get no answer, so the usual Evri guy will often just do that and not bother “knocking” (ie tapping inaudibly), which I don’t mind. But if it’s something large, or they are collecting, I don’t get why they can’t knock properly and wait a bit - I don’t usually keep them long at all. I suppose they are simply on too tight a schedule.

And yes, I’ve had the uncompleted card as well. I have also witnessed one guy literally walk up to my front door with a “blank” card to leave and no parcel. I can only think the parcel was buried at the back of the van and he didn’t want to retrieve it that day.

At least the QVC call centre is in U.K., still in Knowsley judging by the accents? When I tried to return an item to be collected by John Lewis I had to make numerous phone calls I went on a world tour.I asked where they were one said Caribbean, another Morocco.I had success when the I connected with someone in London.

Our Evri man is really good but when we've had things from other companies they come with DPD and they are brilliant as they text you with tracking and arrival estimates so you'll be there. I don't buy much from QVC now unless I know that I'm not going to send it back, however, you can't do much about damaged items and I've seen me sewing buttons back on etc rather than go through the hassle of returns.

CC

UPS were asked to deliver a Gibson Hummingbird guitar to me. Now, anybody who likes guitars knows that is not a cheap one. Knocked at the door, I was in, but on the top floor of the house. Went down the stairs, opened the door,(which is immediate street level) and saw their courier getting back into her stupid brown van with no doors, with my guitar resting by the wall adjacent to the front door. Had I not been in?? Dread to think. In my experience, the worst courier by far.

UPS were asked to deliver a Gibson Hummingbird guitar to me. Now, anybody who likes guitars knows that is not a cheap one. Knocked at the door, I was in, but on the top floor of the house. Went down the stairs, opened the door,(which is immediate street level) and saw their courier getting back into her stupid brown van with no doors, with my guitar resting by the wall adjacent to the front door. Had I not been in?? Dread to think. In my experience, the worst courier by far.
I had a similar experience but can't remember which courier it was. Some years ago I purchased a Brennan JB7 hard drive music player....old and outdated tech now but I've still got it and it's going strong, anyway it was about £350 and I returned home from a day out to find the package with the branding visible (not that it would've made any difference, people will steal anything that's not nailed down) plonked on my doorstep!!! There wasn't the parcel tracking back then, though I'm surprised that it didn't need a signature - I was tempted to contact the company to tell them I hadn't received it, but I didn't bother I was too excited to get it up and running.
The other story I have is just as bad if not worse. I ordered an extremely pricey bean to cup coffee machine and I was getting a bit concerned as it was coming up to a week, so I tracked the parcel to find that it said status "delivered". I contacted the company from where I bought it and they told me that I'd need to contact the courier myself and kindly gave me their number, yep it was UPS. I contacted them and was told that I'd need to contact the company from which I'd bought it. So I got back to them and told them that they'd batted me back to them, so they said leave it with us and we'll get back to you asap. A day or so later I was contacted with a photograph of the delivery docket with my signature on it - only it wasn't my signature, in fact the docket had my name and an address of a house a couple of streets away same house number, the street had the same initial but strangely the post code was correct, so I replied telling them that my signature had been forged and the address was wrong. Again they told me to leave it with us - Later the same afternoon there was a knock at the door and there stood a very sheepish looking delivery driver holding a very soggy looking box containing my coffee machine - thankfully the contents were undamaged. Turned out that when he'd gone to deliver (to the wrong address) nobody was home so he signed the docket himself and shoved it under a bush in their garden, I'm guessing that he didn't pop a card through their door as they would've found it and perhaps tried to get it too me somehow. I was going to complain to UPS but oh wouldn't let me, he said the poor guy's probably in enough trouble as it is, just chalk it down to experience -but really?!

I’m really lucky, judging from the tales above. My Evri team are superb, DPD is excellent and even Yodel got my goods here safely. The only time I got an email saying my order had been delivered, when it hadn’t, was from Amazon. The email told me where it had been delivered because I was apparently out. As I was at home and no one had rung the doorbell, I checked where they’d said they’d put it and it wasn’t there - surprise, surprise!

I rang Amazon and they tracked the driver’s van and confirmed that they could see he hadn’t delivered it to me but had apparently put it in a safe place at a house 4 doors along. He waited on the phone while I nipped up, in torrential rain 🙄, and retrieved my order.

I’ve got apps for all the couriers I use, including Royal Mail, and find those to be pretty accurate with regards to tracking deliveries.

I Some years ago I purchased a Brennan JB7 hard drive music player....old and outdated tech now but I've still got it and it's going strong, anyway it was about £350 and I returned home from a day out to find the package with the branding visible
I bought one as well (not from Q) but I found it had a problem so returned for a refund.

Rang Q today, they confirmed my item had arrived.

When I asked how long it would take for my refund she said to allow 2 weeks as they processed them in the order of arrival and "they had THOUSANDS to process"!

I bought one as well (not from Q) but I found it had a problem so returned for a refund.
I do like it but when I bought it OH warned me against it as he said don't ever buy something when it first comes out as they always get updated and improved and the price usually goes down. The one I've got hasn't got bluetooth so I'm stuck with the speakers I've got plugged into it, they're good but I'd like to be able to listen to my music in other rooms without having to whack the sound right up! or to be able to use wireless headphones. I did actually buy this little gadget a few years ago that converted it to bluetooth but it was a bit fiddly and only worked intermittently, and for some reason I can't find it now!

I do like it but when I bought it OH warned me against it as he said don't ever buy something when it first comes out as they always get updated and improved and the price usually goes down. The one I've got hasn't got bluetooth so I'm stuck with the speakers I've got plugged into it, they're good but I'd like to be able to listen to my music in other rooms without having to whack the sound right up! or to be able to use wireless headphones. I did actually buy this little gadget a few years ago that converted it to bluetooth but it was a bit fiddly and only worked intermittently, and for some reason I can't find it now!
They still advertise them.

BTW if anyone is interested in listening to a BINAURAL PLAY tomorow on headphones, there is one at 4pm R4X on Sunday 10/9. They are fairly rare these days. I'll have to charge up my bluetooth headphones.

Just did a quick search and found a bluetooth converter for Brennan for a mere £18. I've spent far too much this month already so I'm gonna have to leave it until payday and hope I can still get one. I had a good cull of the kitchen cupboards and drawers and I decided to replace my hotchpotch of crockery for a set that's more akin to a two person household than a family of 6, even when we had kids at home we didn't need that much and it's all looking a bit tired too. Then today when I was going through stuff I was attracted by a neat looking tool case on Q that contained allen keys, screwdriver with bits, tape measure, decent hammer etc, so bar that useful little gadget(I think you bought?) that has a torch/measure and screwdriver bits, I threw out all the bits and bobs strewn all over the drawer. A new tool kit was the last thing on mind to buy but for £21 all in I felt it would be rude not to ! It will come in useful so it's not money wasted. I bought the sbc tsv and a top for a fiver on free p&p day that I'm not happy with but found out it would cost £2.50 to return it - I am mindful that I could slip back into my old ways so I really do have to be careful. To be fair I'd just buy any old thing in the bad old days, now I do actually consider whether something will be of any use or whether I really like it, and of course I still do the one in one out thing!

I’m really lucky, judging from the tales above. My Evri team are superb, DPD is excellent and even Yodel got my goods here safely. The only time I got an email saying my order had been delivered, when it hadn’t, was from Amazon. The email told me where it had been delivered because I was apparently out. As I was at home and no one had rung the doorbell, I checked where they’d said they’d put it and it wasn’t there - surprise, surprise!

I rang Amazon and they tracked the driver’s van and confirmed that they could see he hadn’t delivered it to me but had apparently put it in a safe place at a house 4 doors along. He waited on the phone while I nipped up, in torrential rain 🙄, and retrieved my order.

I’ve got apps for all the couriers I use, including Royal Mail, and find those to be pretty accurate with regards to tracking deliveries.
We are lucky with couriers,RM excepted. They usually ring the bell and rap on the door as well.
RM is a rarity on our estate ,if we get two a week it's a miracle.
They have stopped notifying you with texts re 48 hour tracked and the last couple of deliveries were later than 48 hours.

I had to return something that was poorly packed and arrived damaged. They sent me the return label via email. The Evri guy gave me a blank card when he collected it and he scanned the QR code on it, and I received an email confirming the time of collection. it's the first time I've returned anything in years and I find the time they take to issue a refund totally unacceptable. When I rang to complain I was told "it's the same for everyone so you'll just have to accept it, okay!".

I had to return something that was poorly packed and arrived damaged. They sent me the return label via email. The Evri guy gave me a blank card when he collected it and he scanned the QR code on it, and I received an email confirming the time of collection. it's the first time I've returned anything in years and I find the time they take to issue a refund totally unacceptable. When I rang to complain I was told "it's the same for everyone so you'll just have to accept it, okay!".
I currently don't have a working printer, so they have to post me a return label, which sometimes comes AFTER the courier comes to collect the item.

I currently don't have a working printer, so they have to post me a return label, which sometimes comes AFTER the courier comes to collect the item.
I don't have the need for a home printer as I have access to one at work but as I print very little anyway, I often forget and have to make a return journey to run it off in time for the collection. That aside, the return process is a total shambles. I've returned two products recently for the first time in over 10 years and there have been complications with each. I have left two, scathing one star reviews on Trust Pilot each time but I really think Q's business model is beyond saving now and I'll be surprised at how much longer they keep going.

Latest posts

Back