How expensive??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Dearie me! Anybody see the prices of the natural pink diamonds???? What a rip off!

For example .50ct comprising 25 diamonds £1,299!
.75ct comprising 77 diamonds £1,499.95!
1ct comprising 78 diamonds just sold for £3,299! Price on the web is £1,949!

TJC used to sell a 1ct natural pink diamond ring for £999!

Another comparison - For those who remember the heady days of GemsTV and their natural pinks you'll know how outrageous the prices are! For example, .55ct of natural pinks plus white diamonds was £799.

Last edited:
I thought the same myself, i remember the prices of the gems tv collection, my ring is one of my favorites.
Also i bought an Iliana natural pink diamond circle pendant 0.25cts for £199!

Very unremarkable designs as well. :down: I wonder what makes people spend so much on such pieces - brainwashing, too much money? xxxxx

Dearie me! Anybody see the prices of the natural pink diamonds???? What a rip off!

You beat me to it with this post, it's one hell of price hike considering the 1ct versions a few months ago. Vicky also stated that it had taken two and half years to bring collection to screen which would indicate the raw materials were at prices much lower than today! Iliana price rises have got silly recently, not encouraging me to buy.:taphead:

Vicki kept referring to the Australian Argyle Mine, but I never actually heard her say these Pinkies are from that mine. The GemsTV earlier natural ones definitely weren't...as far as I know. If these are from Argyle, doesn't that make them more desirable? MTIA

Vicki kept referring to the Australian Argyle Mine, but I never actually heard her say these Pinkies are from that mine. The GemsTV earlier natural ones definitely weren't...as far as I know. If these are from Argyle, doesn't that make them more desirable? MTIA

No Sacha. A pink natural diamond is a pink natural diamond irrespective of the mine. The ONLY time it would make any difference is if you had a stonkingly huge stone and needed provenance.

I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard Vicki say that these were from Argyle and I'm pretty certain that one or two of my GemsTV pieces were also (but I'd need to go back and dig for that info to be 100% sure).

No Sacha. A pink natural diamond is a pink natural diamond irrespective of the mine. The ONLY time it would make any difference is if you had a stonkingly huge stone and needed provenance.

Thanks for that Meesh, and these are definitely not stonkingly huge stones....lol

I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard Vicki say that these were from Argyle and I'm pretty certain that one or two of my GemsTV pieces were also (but I'd need to go back and dig for that info to be 100% sure).

I checked in my order history, courtesy of the sticky thread in the Gems forum, and mine (both white and pink)
are from Africa, but it would be interesting to hear if anyone had a different source for their Pinkies.

I saw a ring that was £1499 this morning, Vicki said is was very rare, yet they brought it back, and had about 10 I think and sold them all. I can't remember what the item was though.

Thank goodness I bought mine from Gems and TJC when they were affordable as there's no way I could buy anything now. I love them all but my favourite is a 14ct gold, 1ct marquise cut, white and pink diamond ring bought for an incredible £375.

I'll give it a go, Gemcherub. The pink diamonds are accents, but they're natural.

DSC00392.jpg
[/IMG]

And thanks from me also Huggles for posting a pic of your very pretty ring. Don't think I've seen that double flower design with pink diamonds before....very nice.

What a pretty ring Huggles. I don't think I've seen that design with white/pink diamonds before. Enjoy wearing it.

Latest posts

Back