PDA

View Full Version : Item for a Special Someone

The Deal Breaker
17-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy an item for a special someone, not an engagement ring or anything but just a nice gift to show this special someone how much she means to me and hopefully will bring a smile to her face and perhaps exacerbate her beauty (if that is possible).

Someone suggested to me that there are some really good pieces of jewellrey on the shopping channels and, whilst an erstwhile consumer of crafts and DIY products from IW, I really have no idea what is reputable in the jewellrey department.

She sometimes hints that she likes purple, and gold is a definite no no but i think perhaps a silver ring with a purple gem might be appropriate.

Please offer me any advice as to what you think might be the best places/times to look or perhaps if you could advise me on any products in particular.

Thanks

:-)

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 06:01 AM
hi,
you could take a look at rocks.tv . Have a look at the thread for it here. It's an online auction site and many peeps from here have nabbed lots of goodies. They do quite a lot of silver. :)
I've just had a look and there's a few silver/purple gems on tonight's auction.

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 06:14 AM
If she's special maybe Ideal World isn't the place to look ;)

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 06:22 AM

i was thinking that....;)

PearlyQueen
18-08-2008, 08:50 AM
I would definitely recommend rocks.tv as well, they have some lovely things and their packaging is fabulous - you can even get the certificate personalised for your lady friend.

Sara
18-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Again another big thumbs up for Rocks.tv from me. :)

I'm a total newbie to gems/jewellery buying (many on here are seasoned pros :p) and have found Rocks to be fabulous in terms of quality, customer service, packaging and delivery.

Am also a silver lover (as well as white gold, obviously! ;)) and they have a really good range - would also love to get hold of some amethyst pieces, as purple is also my favourite colour.

Come and join in the fun - everyone will make you more than welcome, I am sure! :D

mimi
18-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I would avoid IW. Their website has hardly any choice and their delivery times are unpredictable. Plus if you don't like the ring when it arrives it will take forever to get a refund. Can you tell I'm fed up of IW?

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 03:33 PM

maybe in an ideal world but my situation at the moment dictates that i can't shop anywhere else.

plus i have always been very impressed with IW products in the past, such as the Crafts CDs I have purchased.

whatever will i do?

:confused:

Jantaculum
18-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Last Clicks Jewellery on QVC has some very good reductions at the moment

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 06:15 PM
hi,
you could take a look at rocks.tv . Have a look at the thread for it here. It's an online auction site and many peeps from here have nabbed lots of goodies. They do quite a lot of silver. :)
I've just had a look and there's a few silver/purple gems on tonight's auction.

thanks so much for your help mrs james, and everyone else.

fingers crossed there is something out there.

*sits tight for an exciting night of tv auctioning*

Mommabear
18-08-2008, 07:05 PM
maybe in an ideal world but my situation at the moment dictates that i can't shop anywhere else.plus i have always been very impressed with IW products in the past, such as the Crafts CDs I have purchased.

whatever will i do?

:confused: Why? have you got a voucher or summat?

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 07:07 PM
what a dilemma to be in :D

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 07:07 PM
i think i'd shoot myself

Mommabear
18-08-2008, 07:09 PM
It's like being up the creek without a paddle :confused:

Mommabear
18-08-2008, 07:09 PM
i think i'd shoot myself

I'll help ;)

ruth
18-08-2008, 07:53 PM
if you want to give her you special gift anytime soon i wouldnt use ideal world

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-08-2008, 08:01 PM
i`d use rocks.tv as it looks very good and good reviews on here or even QVC last clicks have loads

Rentochops
18-08-2008, 08:15 PM
maybe in an ideal world but my situation at the moment dictates that i can't shop anywhere else.

plus i have always been very impressed with IW products in the past, such as the Crafts CDs I have purchased.

whatever will i do?

Why don't you make her a nice card from your My Craft Studio CD-ROM's.

Does IW dictate that you can't shop anywhere else - bit of a mystery eh?

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 08:30 PM
:confused: Why? have you got a voucher or summat?

:rolleyes:

:D

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 09:07 PM
i don't understand why some on here are besmirching the good name of ideal world...i have only had good experiences with them. its a shame that others can't appreciate the excellent service and deals they provide us with!

granted, some companies really only care about money but with IW i have always felt like a valued customer and that they really view customer satisfaction as an important component of their ethos.

:(

my_old_mans_a_dustman
18-08-2008, 09:14 PM
:eek::confused:I think I need a new prescription for my glasses

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm pissing myself here :D

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 09:17 PM
i'm heartened....:rolleyes:

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 09:26 PM
i don't understand why some on here are besmirching the good name of ideal world...i have only had good experiences with them. its a shame that others can't appreciate the excellent service and deals they provide us with!

granted, some companies really only care about money but with IW i have always felt like a valued customer and that they really view customer satisfaction as an important component of their ethos.

I can only say that you must be one of a handful who seem to think that IW really value their customers' satisfaction, particularly over the last few years. I'd be interested to know what you class as "valued customer" and "customer satisfaction". Perhaps you would care to explain then why:

they take weeks to deliver goods despite debiting funds from your account immediately you place the order;

totally ignore emails;

take weeks and weeks to refund items returned to them;

offer so-called "exceptional value" goods when you can find them much cheaper elsewhere;

are often reluctant to offer pre-paid returns labels even though items have been received faulty/damaged;

I can assure you that I have experienced all of the above and I certainly wouldn't class it as "excellent service". In my dictionary those words mean something totally different.........!!!

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 09:47 PM
hmmm i see

it's a shame that there seem to be a minority affected by what i guess must be down to genuine mistakes on IW's part.

but don't be saddened or let these experiences detract from your enjoyment of the first class service you will receive if you give them a chance. i assure you there are many of us out there who have never had any problems and i am so sorry to learn of the difficulties you have had.

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 09:51 PM
hmmm i see

it's a shame that there seem to be a minority affected by what i guess must be down to genuine mistakes on IW's part.

but don't be saddened or let these experiences detract from your enjoyment of the first class service you will receive if you give them a chance. i assure you there are many of us out there who have never had any problems and i am so sorry to learn of the difficulties you have had.

Don't be saddened? I've been livid at their total lack of communication, etc. They've had plenty of chances off me I promise you. Now, would you like to comment on my previous post because you obviously have very strong views on their "excellent service and customer satisfaction"?

Mrs James
18-08-2008, 09:52 PM
They do have some nice kaftans.....:rolleyes:

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 09:52 PM
hmmm i see

Ideal World learned of our "difficulties" and ignored us repeatedly that's why we shop elsewhere now.

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Don't be saddened? I've been livid at their total lack of communication, etc. They've had plenty of chances off me I promise you. Now, would you like to comment on my previous post because you obviously have very strong views on their "excellent service and customer satisfaction"?

I'm only stating my experiences with Ideal World have been really positive. I am genuinely surprised to learn of your misgivings with them but I don't wish to have an argument with you about this.

they have always been more than satisfactory with me. perhaps if you adopt the same aggressive tone with them as you just have with me then are you altogether surprised that they don't prioritise your issues? after all, we are only human, even the extraordinary Ideal World employees.

Red
18-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm only stating my experiences with Ideal World have been really positive. I am genuinely surprised to learn of your misgivings with them but I don't wish to have an argument with you about this.

they have always been more than satisfactory with me. perhaps if you adopt the same aggressive tone with them as you just have with me then are you altogether surprised that they don't prioritise your issues? after all, we are only human, even the extraordinary Ideal World employees.

Are you an extraordinary IW employee by any chance?! :rolleyes:

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:07 PM

I can promise you that I am not being aggressive, it's not my nature - I'm just stating my experiences as you have done. Like I said earlier, I know for certain that I'm not alone with the total lack of customer service and satisfaction and there have been many comments on it in the past.

I'm pleased to hear that your custom with them has always been given the time and attention you would wish but I feel it is unfair of you to make a generalisation that everyone else receives the same.

Suggest we leave it there and I can only hope that the first class service you receive continues.

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy an item for a special someone, not an engagement ring or anything but just a nice gift to show this special someone how much she means to me and hopefully will bring a smile to her face and perhaps exacerbate her beauty (if that is possible).

Someone suggested to me that there are some really good pieces of jewellrey on the shopping channels and, whilst an erstwhile consumer of crafts and DIY products from IW, I really have no idea what is reputable in the jewellrey department.

She sometimes hints that she likes purple, and gold is a definite no no but i think perhaps a silver ring with a purple gem might be appropriate.

Please offer me any advice as to what you think might be the best places/times to look or perhaps if you could advise me on any products in particular.

Thanks

:-)

DARLING!!!!!!! you shouldn't have.......:D :D ;)

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Are you an extraordinary IW employee by any chance?! :rolleyes:

of course i'm not an IW employee! but if I was looking for a career in a tele shopping organisation, I would check the vacancy section on their website before others such as QVC, who to be fair are a mixed bag.

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes Darls a Slinky and Kaftan are on the way to you :D

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:11 PM

Don't forget the Flea-Flots Snoops...........;)

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I cannot comment on IW as I have never bought anything from them, BUT, I must add I had nothing but excellent service from YES TV :eek: but everyone elses was terrible so don't know what to say about IW.

I hope you find something for me, errrr your special friend I mean :D

Red
18-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't forget the Flea-Flots Snoops...........;)

And a Moira C scarflace and bag!

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:13 PM
of course i'm not an IW employee! but if I was looking for a career in a tele shopping organisation, I would check the vacancy section on their website before others such as QVC, who to be fair are a mixed bag.

I smell a rat http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3483/brushteeth1xi0cd5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:14 PM
And a Moira C scarflace and bag!

And 21st Century Corsetry.....:D

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:14 PM

whats a bliddy slinky? isn't that one of things that 'walks' down the stairs itself? I'm sure the kids have one :eek:

The Kaftan might come in handy, am feeling like Demis Roussos today :p

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I can promise you that I am not being aggressive, it's not my nature - I'm just stating my experiences as you have done. Like I said earlier, I know for certain that I'm not alone with the total lack of customer service and satisfaction and there have been many comments on it in the past.

I'm pleased to hear that your custom with them has always been given the time and attention you would wish but I feel it is unfair of you to make a generalisation that everyone else receives the same.

Suggest we leave it there and I can only hope that the first class service you receive continues.

me too!

and i hope that have found better service elsewhere. if you have, id love to hear of it because they must be pretty incredible to top IW!

;)

BusyLizzie
I smell a rat http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3483/brushteeth1xi0cd5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

You and me both Snoops! Is it Mr X under a new name do you think?

Lady Darls
And 21st Century Corsetry.....:D

OO that sounds interesting

Marion
18-08-2008, 10:17 PM
whats a bliddy slinky? isn't that one of things that 'walks' down the stairs itself? I'm sure the kids have one :eek:

The Kaftan might come in handy, am feeling like Demis Roussos today :p

Whatever takes your fancy! :eek:

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:17 PM
OO that sounds interesting

It is.....! ;)

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:22 PM
You and me both Snoops! Is it Mr X under a new name do you think?

i have no idea who Mr X is nor am I related to a Professor Higgins as someone else has alluded to.

it has certainly been an eventful 24 hours since i joined, accusations flying left right and centre, a furious response by Make Up Queen to a jovial comment I made and to top it all off it appears the special someone has rumbled me and my covert operation to purchase a lovely gift for her from what I had innocently thought was the best_shopping_channel_ever, for which I have also been chastised!

only on a telly shopping forum.

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Not your day is it pal ? :D

my_old_mans_a_dustman
18-08-2008, 10:26 PM

Ohhhhhh Feck Snoopy you beat me to it :mad:

:p

And you say you smell a rat don't you mean a CHEEF? LOLOL

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Ohhhhhh Feck Snoopy you beat me to it :mad:

:p

And you say you smell a rat don't you mean a CHEEF? LOLOL

:PB:

:eek:

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:30 PM
whatever takes your fancy! :eek:

;) ;) ;)

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:33 PM

i guess if anything i'm resilient and will be able to pick myself up in no time

my_old_mans_a_dustman
18-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Who's Prof Higgins btw?:confused:

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:34 PM
i have no idea who Mr X is nor am I related to a Professor Higgins as someone else has alluded to.

it has certainly been an eventful 24 hours since i joined, accusations flying left right and centre, a furious response by Make Up Queen to a jovial comment I made and to top it all off it appears the special someone has rumbled me and my covert operation to purchase a lovely gift for her from what I had innocently thought was the best_shopping_channel_ever, for which I have also been chastised!

only on a telly shopping forum.

I haven't rumbled you, honest ;) :D

don't worry about the rest of it, when someone is new people don't know their sense of humour so tend to be a bit wary and we've had a lot of old members, some of them banned members, been rejoining lately and causing a bit of bother. You seem like you like a laugh so you'll fit in well and

welcome to st.com.

So whats your favourite shopping channel? :p

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Who's Prof Higgins btw?:confused:

From My Fair Lady

my_old_mans_a_dustman
18-08-2008, 10:38 PM
From My Fair Lady

Thanks for that but I'm none the wiser because I haven't watched the film or was it a book?:D

The Deal Breaker
18-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I haven't rumbled you, honest ;) :D

don't worry about the rest of it, when someone is new people don't know their sense of humour so tend to be a bit wary and we've had a lot of old members, some of them banned members, been rejoining lately and causing a bit of bother. You seem like you like a laugh so you'll fit in well and

welcome to st.com.

So whats your favourite shopping channel? :p

i think qvc is probably the best....i used to like ideal world until i had some horrendous problems with their customer service...:p

well i assure you that i have never been a member here before and it is not my intention to cause bother.

thank you for the welcome friend.

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:40 PM

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-08-2008, 10:41 PM
The Deal Breaker may i say you certainly have made a splash here so a warm welcome from me

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for that but I'm none the wiser because I haven't watched the film or was it a book?:D

I think it was also called Pygmalion, she was a flower seller and he (the professor, Rex Harrison I think) befriended her and taught her to speak properly :)

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:43 PM
The Deal Breaker may i say you certainly have made a splash here so a warm welcome from me

Is that another splash ? :D

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I think it was also called Pygmalion, she was a flower seller and he (the professor, Rex Harrison I think) befriended her and taught her to speak properly :)

That's right Darls......like wot we do in the Cheshire Set, talk proper that is! ;)

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:45 PM

Like wot i do :)

Snoopy
18-08-2008, 10:46 PM
That's right Darls......like wot we do in the Cheshire Set, talk proper that is! ;)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee spooky :eek:

BusyLizzie

In Sheffield?!!!!! ;)

Lady Darls
i think qvc is probably the best....i used to like ideal world until i had some horrendous problems with their customer service...:p

well i assure you that i have never been a member here before and it is not my intention to cause bother.

thank you for the welcome friend.

you're welcome.

Theres another bit further down, 24/7 that you get access to if you pay a donation, anything you want from about 3, tells you how to do it on the donate link up ^^^^^^^^^ there.

24/7 is everything on this earth except shopping channels, films, music, books, angry, health and beauty, daft questions, photo gallery, loads and is worth the donation. :)

my_old_mans_a_dustman

Ahh now it makes sense,(I'm blonde lol) thanks:D

Snoopy
In Sheffield?!!!!! ;)

Ha ha ha :D me owd love :D

Hayden
Is that another splash ? :D

There goes my late night cuppa all over the keyboard:D

Bull**** detector is flying off the radar in here tonight.

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee spooky :eek:

Talk about togetherness tonight Snoops - perfect timing......!!! ;)

Lady Darls
18-08-2008, 10:47 PM

and me marrer!!!!! :D

my_old_mans_a_dustman
18-08-2008, 10:49 PM
There goes my late night cuppa all over the keyboard:D

Bull**** detector is flying off the radar in here tonight.

Hahahaha and my can of coke :p

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-08-2008, 10:50 PM
OMG i`m in stiches here

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 10:51 PM
OMG i`m in stiches here

Good for you.....isn't this forum great?! :D

Dazzler!
18-08-2008, 10:53 PM
brilliant!!!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Good for you.....isn't this forum great?! :D

Oh god yeah

Dazzler!
18-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Ahh now it makes sense,(I'm blonde lol) thanks:D

lol so am I but hey I understand you perfectly. lol lol

BusyLizzie
18-08-2008, 11:31 PM
lol so am I but hey I understand you perfectly. lol lol

Just wait until you have a 'blonde' and 'senior' moment together then you might have problems Dazzler.............;):D

Dazzler!
18-08-2008, 11:33 PM

BusyLizzie is not aggressive person at all, she is a kind hearted forum member, who is very caring. Like you Bl I have experienced bad service from ideal world as well, so I do sympathise with you. It is fustrating when you recieve this service and like you I just like things to run smoothly. I know its not everyones experience, and I do appreciate that. But me personally I have to agree with BusyLizzie. xx

Dazzler!
18-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Just wait until you have a 'blonde' and 'senior' moment together then you might have problems Dazzler.............;):D

I will be fine I understand everything perfectly, and I can always rely on you BL to put me straight xx:D

The Deal Breaker
19-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I WILL JUST ADD MY BIT TOO
theres no easy pay ,their postage is damn right more expensive for even the smallest items,
in my apinion they arnt real , they all act fals on there ,i like qvc because they sell their products properly and they dont over do their selling technique like ideal world do ,

on the contrary, i believe that QVC have employed false people who have hoodwinked you into believing they are real when in reality it is they who are the falsestest. the IW presenters may be false, they just aren't as good at it as the QVC ones, which would suggest that they are realerer.

Mrs James
19-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Are you our old nemesis; Mr Andrew Fryflot ? :D

Snoopy
19-08-2008, 06:37 AM
on the contrary, i believe that QVC have employed false people who have hoodwinked you into believing they are real when in reality it is they who are the falsestest. the IW presenters may be false, they just aren't as good at it as the QVC ones, which would suggest that they are realerer.

Falsestest ?? Realerer ??

Morning Mrs J :D

Mrs James
19-08-2008, 06:45 AM
morning Cheef ;)

Rentochops
19-08-2008, 06:46 AM
i guess if anything i'm resilient and will be able to pick myself up in no time

You are your friends at IW must be laughing their socks off!

my_old_mans_a_dustman
19-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Ohh dear see what happens when you pull up someone for their spelling, not a smart move when you're not that great yourself tut tut.:rolleyes:

Snoopy
19-08-2008, 08:20 AM

And at the time i wrote that i didn't even know you had a go at a friend of mine about her spelling :mad:

~*~Lexxy~*~
19-08-2008, 08:54 AM
welcome to the forum Deal Breaker, what's the weather like in Peterborough today? :cool:

beauty junkie
19-08-2008, 11:14 AM

As far as I'm aware Snoopy these aren't even in the English language are they? :banned

Snoopy
19-08-2008, 11:24 AM
No BJ they aren't and he had the cheek to have a go at Karina :(

Dazzler!
19-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I love Kind People I do xxx There are some nice ones on this forum. Hello!!!! you all know who you are xxx

The Deal Breaker
19-08-2008, 12:00 PM
good afternoon to the spelling police!

i didn't have a go at anyone for their spelling...i didn't know what a cheef was and i asked what one was and i still don't know what one is. it's not my fault i know so very little about women's cosmetic products.

i am not a make up king.

and my falsestest and realerer comments were just being silly, of course i know they aren't real words.

like i said before, i do not work for IW, i live in Leeds, I am not a former member coming back to haunt you, I am a young supple northern male with a passion for shopping and a genuine appreciation of IW.

please don't be so paranoid.

~*~Lexxy~*~
19-08-2008, 12:09 PM
... i do not work for IW, i live in Leeds, I am not a former member coming back to haunt you, I am a young supple northern male with a passion for shopping and a genuine appreciation of IW.

please don't be so paranoid.

oooh errrr! :eek: i think that's WAY too much information...:p :D

The Deal Breaker
19-08-2008, 12:16 PM
oooh errrr! :eek: i think that's WAY too much information...:p :D

oh i just can't do anything right! :(

:cool:

Mrs James
19-08-2008, 12:17 PM
ooh young and supple, now you're talking....:D

Fleur
19-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I thought that cheef was just a typo. :rolleyes:

MUQ is a lovely lady who'd help anyone. :)

The Deal Breaker
19-08-2008, 12:45 PM
aww thank you so much i really apprieciate that fleur , you saying that and yes you certainly know me ,xxx
i would do anything for any one and i never hurt any one in comments or in any other way either,its not my in my nature , but its nice to know ime apprieciated, thanks xxx

but when you said this:

"And why would i do that ? i dont need to scrounge of off strangers i am quite capable of buying my own ,and thats not why i asked this question in the first place , i was purely asking an apinion"

i didn't think you were being particularly nice.

:(:(:(

Mrs James
19-08-2008, 12:48 PM
^^ i agree ^^ :)

Sazza
19-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I think this thread has run its course.

THREAD CLOSED