Just when .......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
..... I was beginning to really like GemsTV again, I turn over tonight and HORROR of HORRORS, Carole Roach is presenting. :headbang:

I can't understand why? There have been more negative threads about this woman than any other presenter in a short space of time yet she's now on GemsTV? Quite clearly she's an acquired taste that the majority just don't want to have.

She shouts.
She has a weird clipped delivery
She then goes into overdrive to try to emphasize points
She sings (if I wanted to be sung to, I'd listen to a CD of somebody who can sing)
Oh and did I mention SHE SHOUTS?

I'm really sorry for this negative thread and my recent experiences with GemsTV have been quite positive but I most definitely won't be tuning in when she's on and I have a sneaky suspicion I won't be the only one.

I posted about her in the Rocks section last night, Meesh. Loud, patronising, (You're doing so, so well, so so well...), tuneless squawking, and generally irritating.

I think Carol is an acquired taste, I met her on the very first Open Day and she was friendly and calm - quite different from her on-screen persona.
I do wish that Steve would keep the presenters with their original channels, which would help keep a separate identity between the two - much needed in my opinion. For some reason, Carol worked quite well on Rocks (although definitely a Marmite presenter) and, although I really don't like the shouty style the majority of the presenters now seem to have, at least Carol's is done with humour, love it or loathe it.

Jacqualina - That's a good idea about not mix and matching the presenters around - it blurs the identity of the channels and will alienate some customers who prefer the presenters from one side or another.

Latest posts

Back