PDA

View Full Version : Today's delivery

Siren
27-08-2008, 05:07 PM
A mixed bag today, some of which have gone straight back lol.

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=FE074
Firstly this stunning pink pearl necklace. It was really lovely but unfortunately not for me. It's a very classy, sophisticated piece and that's an image I can't manage.

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=WA758
I knew instantly this was going back. I've heard so many people saying how lovely the flower cut is but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was because the stone itself was clear (it would probably look nicer with a coloured gem) but to me it looked like something a 6 year old would get in a lucky bag. Sorry if anyone has this and loves it, we all have different tastes :)

and know the keepers

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=NE421
This is gorgeous, much more suited to my taste. The pearls are a lovely deep colour.

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=QU445
I love these earrings. They are a good size without being heavy. I didn't realise that the upper circles have topaz set into them. They give the earrings a bit of sparkle. The description says champagne pearls but they are more golden in colour.

I also ordered a few ribbons from the CR website. They give a more contemporary look to some of my larger pendants and a steal at only two pounds each.

Beady Belle
27-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I got the 7 strand pearl necklace today Siren and I love it, but then I'm a classy old bag:rolleyes: so it's my cup of tea!!

I've got the 5 pearl necklace, similar to your 3 pearl, and if I'd seen yours I'd have bought it too.

I think the flower cut probably does look better in a coloured stone, I don't know, but I'm just imagining.

Still 2 out of 4's not bad, and you know it'll be no hassle getting a refund.

:doggie:

Tabs
27-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Lovely keepers Siren, Enjoy wearing them:)

Siren
27-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I got the 7 strand pearl necklace today Siren and I love it, but then I'm a classy old bag:rolleyes: so it's my cup of tea!!

I've got the 5 pearl necklace, similar to your 3 pearl, and if I'd seen yours I'd have bought it too.

I think the flower cut probably does look better in a coloured stone, I don't know, but I'm just imagining.

Still 2 out of 4's not bad, and you know it'll be no hassle getting a refund.

:doggie:

I've seen your pic M4G and you can definately pull off classy, don't know about the old bag though

mariek
27-08-2008, 05:30 PM
:D lovely siren well done you ,i to have the blue pearl necklace lush isnt it? want and need earrings to match lol:rolleyes:

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 05:41 PM
ooo nice items, I too have that 3 pearl necklace......well when it eventually arrives!!!!!! :confused:

Beading Belle
27-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Lovely haul Siren. I have 2 flower cut rings and I wear them together and have had lots of compliments. Hope you find some more bling with your refund xx

Pepsidoodle
27-08-2008, 06:15 PM
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=WA758
I knew instantly this was going back. I've heard so many people saying how lovely the flower cut is but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was because the stone itself was clear (it would probably look nicer with a coloured gem) but to me it looked like something a 6 year old would get in a lucky bag. Sorry if anyone has this and loves it, we all have different tastes :)
Hello Siren
I'm feeling the same way about this too :cry: I have flower cut earrings in smokey quartz & amethyst & am happy with them, but I just don't like this ring I think something is lost with the clear gem...maybe earrings would work better....but I don't think its my bag

wibblypig
27-08-2008, 06:38 PM
love the earrings siren will have to look out for those :-)

Jantaculum
27-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I got the clear flower pendant today Siren and I thought it just wasn't quite right but couldn't put my finger on the reason why....... but I think you're absolutely right, it would look much better in a coloured stone.

Might keep it anyway because most of my order is going back and I want to keep something

yazrose
27-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Lovely items siren hun. Shame about the ones you don't like though :)

Sammi
27-08-2008, 09:14 PM
lovely the pearly bits - all so pretty. shame about the show-stopper necklace but if it's not right, it's not right.
I have had that clear topaz flower design in a pendant today as I wanted an example of it. it was only 9 but I've decided not to keep it.

looks like you'll be spending your refund again soon!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
27-08-2008, 09:19 PM
wow siren the keepers are lovely

Pepsidoodle
27-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Lovely haul Siren. I have 2 flower cut rings and I wear them together and have had lots of compliments. I think this would work well if you had some of the coloured ones......

diamondgirl
28-08-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree with your choices on the ones to keep and the ones to return. Love the earrings with the gold pearl attached.
I was never really been a pearl person but bought myself a necklace recently and have worn it several times.

Enjoy your new treasures. xxx Angie

Nessarose
28-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Lovely pieces Siren, Rocks do seem to do some lovely pearls, can't wait for them to get hold of some Tahitians. I haven't seen a flower cut yet, it looks unusual, I think a dark stone like smoky quartz or mozambique garnet would suit it best.