Trying to make a quick profit?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I was looking on the Ideal World website, and I was comparing P&P charges with heavy items, and lighter items. I found that you can get 70L of Compost delivered for £5.99, but costs £6.99 for 2 baskets.

I saw that the Compost cost £9.99, and the baskets cost £14.99

THEN the presenter was showing us that the soil costs £12.99, eventhough I saw it for £9.99 less than 5 mins ago, so I looked again, and came across this......The EXACT same product with a different price....

Attachments

• iw1.jpg
    iw1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 203
I was looking on the Ideal World website, and I was comparing P&P charges with heavy items, and lighter items. I found that you can get 70L of Compost delivered for £5.99, but costs £6.99 for 2 baskets.

I saw that the Compost cost £9.99, and the baskets cost £14.99

THEN the presenter was showing us that the soil costs £12.99, eventhough I saw it for £9.99 less than 5 mins ago, so I looked again, and came across this......The EXACT same product with a different price....

P&P is a bit of a black art with all the shopping channels.

When Ideal World began they were keen to sell air time and production facilities to third parties, as they appear to do now with cruises. So it could be that the hour you watched was paid for by a third party, with them either paying Ideal World a fixed fee for the time or splitting profits with them.

Or it could be a cock up. Maintaining a large (product) database can be difficult.

Ideal worlds postage used to be done on the price of the product not the weight, not sure if that policy still apply

Ideal worlds postage used to be done on the price of the product not the weight, not sure if that policy still apply

Thats what I said on the other thread, but that isnt what i was looking at on this thread.

If you look at the image I posted, it shows the same item on their website one saying £12.99, while the other saying £9.99. The item code they were mentioning on the show was the one for £12.99! So it's like they are trying to get an extra £3 from each customer, as they probably wont see it online, and would just buy it for £12.99 :)

Correct if you think it's fine to pay the same price for half as much.
Surely if there's an offer on one, you remove the other one - unless you're trying to catch people out, as on the example in the first post!

It enables them to justify the BOGOF claim if the customer can see the price of the single item.

Jude xx

Correct if you think it's fine to pay the same price for half as much.
Surely if there's an offer on one, you remove the other one - unless you're trying to catch people out, as on the example in the first post!

not really, if you go to tesco you can buy the single item if its on bogof

We're not talking about Tescos though, we're discussing how IW can sneak more money out of people for the same item if you check the thread title.
It's quite simple to say Usual Price = X on the BOGOF without having to have a separate item with a separate number.

Talk about nit picking over someone's post!
287173.gif

Last edited:
I see where everybody is comming from.

*Its bad that you can buy 2x as much for the same price as just 1, but they could also say that they are keeping the original offer incase people do not want 2 lots. It can be a bit like BOGOF at the shops, as neveybody picks up the offer, if they dont want 2 lots (Very rare I suppose)

But I was just showing that they have the EXACT same item, same contents Etc. Just a different Item code, just a different price....Now you dont go into tesco's and see A Load of bread for £1, and the EXACT same one for £1.20 do you?! lol

Latest posts

Back