Morphy Richards Soup Maker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
I make a lot of soup all year round, don't use a recipe, I mainly like red/yellow peppers, bung in a carrot, onion, garlic, bit of broccolli – whatever is in the fridge and needs using up. I flavour it with stock cubes, tomato paste, herbs, cumin, whatever and add a tin of chick peas which thickens it when I whizz it with a blender. I make enough for the week and microwave as required in a mug

How do I perform this magic? - in an existing saucepan!! :taphead:

Who in their right mind would pay £100 to make something so basic? If you do need a recipe you can google it or ask a friend, assuming you don't have existing cookery books

It doesn't do anything you can't already do, but be quick if you want one because Andy says "once "stock" has gone" !! :wonder:

I love soups and I too use a saucepan quite happily. I haven't seen this soup maker and I can't imagine what benefits it's offering over a pot! Fools and their money.......

With you on this one, a Soup Maker is an ingenious device, just as you say, known Chez Kitty as a saucepan...bung everything in, cook it for a wee while and hey bingo, homemade soup. Why you need a special soup maker is beyond me. They had a jam making machine on last year, with the special feature that 'it could also be used to make rice pudding...' wow. Just like a SAUCEPAN.

Ditto the Hot Air Fryer. You can cook chips with a tablespoon of oil and seasoning on a baking sheet in the oven. Ditto sausages, minus the oil, on a trivet in the oven so that the fat drains away. Stir fries can be made in less than five minutes in a hot wok with a small drizzle of oil. You don't need to spend 5 bajillion squidoodles on a special gadget to do it for you...

Exactly, if we bought all these gadgets each time they bring a new one out you would need a kitchen annexe just to store them. One or two useful for a caravan maybe?

I have a revolutionary soup maker, it's called a saucepan and I have 2 wonderful kitchen gadgets called a peeler and a knife.

I wish they wouldn't qualify selling all these gadgets by saying that they would save time in a caravan. You have to be careful what you use in a van Too much power, or too many on together you blow the electrics.

Can I admit i do like to use my george foreman grill and would love the actifry if it was about £40. The breadmaker I've got was unnecessary though.

Can I admit i do like to use my george foreman grill and would love the actifry if it was about £40. The breadmaker I've got was unnecessary though.

I'm not anti gadgets apple, just anti useless ones, or buying them for the sake of buying them. I have an actifry. I bought it after my husband had a hear attack in 2009. It is invaluable. Half a spoonful of olive oil and I can do chips or roast spuds for 4. Just a spoonful of oil makes delicious casseroles. With my actifry and pressure cooker I can deal with any kitchen emergency!

I must confess to owning the Cuisinart soup maker and we have used it loads, TBH I know you can make it in a saucepan but just didn't bother after one time I blended it in the pan and the it ended up decorating the floor and wall. I also have the actifry, I couldn't stand chips done in the oven so would always use the fryer but bought one of these 12 months ago and it does make good chips so I threw the fryer away and it's a lot healthier.

Latest posts

Back