Gems tv white diamonds...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheekymonkey240

Registered Shopper
Ok so i should have researched this before i decided to buy two diamond rings from gems tv. I have read alot on this site about how gems tv had coated their diamonds and now im worrying that ive gone and baught some coated ones. I wouldnt have baught them if they had stated this. Im not sure if they are coated though or even if white diamonds can be coated. I emailed them asking if they had coated their white diamonds but they havent replied yet when they usually are pretty fast at replying so im starting to think they may be dodging the question :(. Does anyone else know about white diamonds being coated from gems tv?

Some time ago, before Gemstv was bought back by Steve Bennett there was a short period when Gemstv was selling coated coloured diamonds. This was being done without disclosing the treatment. Many of us got refunds from them for this at the time. As far as I am aware any coloured diamonds that they sell now are treated but are not coated.

I may be wrong but I have never heard of white diamonds being coated - I can't imagine any benefit from that. They have their own diamond grading system and I would say the prices are reasonable if you like the designsthat you are buying.

White diamonds are NOT coated. The coating is to apply a colour i.e. pink, blue etc.

I'm not a fan of GemsTV white diamonds as they are (unfortunately) not good quality. However, in all fairness their price will usually reflect the quality. If you like the rings and the price you paid then don't worry and enjoy wearing them.

I baught two diamond cluster rings they seem really good and sparkly i was just worried maybe this could be some sort of coating they put on top to make it appear to be better than it seems. I hope if i ever need to clean them they will appear the same :) Thanks for helping me out though. Put my mind at ease :)

its always been the case gems diamonds are rubbish but there gems are brilliant

Years ago I would agree but I'm afraid that I don't see the quality now. I don't know why - it could be the economy making it difficult or a number of different things. I keep hoping that things will improve but to be fair I only dip in and out very very very infrequently now.

Latest posts

Back