Kaftans???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Springflower

Registered Shopper
Sheila has just said that there are many occasions when one can wear a kaftan. Sadly, she did not specify olthough the presenter has just mentioned cruises. I have NEVER seen a kaftan taking its holiday on a cruise, come to think of it. I have NEVER seen a kaftan on holiday ANYWHERE. Does this mean that they are shy and retiring things that like to stay hidden from prying eyes? Or perhaps they are secretly breeding in order to take over the world. Heaven help us all!!!

I know. I was going to post on this. When the hour first started, and the camera panned in on Jacqui wearing that flowery monstrosity, my jaw dropped to the floor. I thought I'd seen it all on Ideal World. Obviously not. :doh:

I always wear mine whilst using my karcher pressure washer and polti steam cleaner. Marvellous.

Maybe if they play "forever and ever and ever" by Demis Rousoss in the background this may boost sales

I know. I was going to post on this. When the hour first started, and the camera panned in on Jacqui wearing that flowery monstrosity, my jaw dropped to the floor. I thought I'd seen it all on Ideal World. Obviously not. :doh:

Looks like she has just been to an audition of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat...........:cheeky:
And I had to look twice when Sheila came on the screen wearing one of these I thought that Mamma Cass had returned from the grave!

Jacqui is one terrible presenter though and Ideal World have really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time!
Another robot who constantly repeats the word ABSOLUTLEY,and who says strange things like "Oh my Gosh" does she mean "Oh my God" and "Sheila you look delicious" how can a person look delicious...........A true no hoper!
And watch her "Gangsta" style hand movements.............:eek:

Shock Horror......Ideal World selling tat! I've not watched Ideal World for months, I was getting fed up of them talking about one product for a whole hour!

I had my favourite presenters (loen and Deano) but even they can't tempt me to part with my hard earned cash!

Kaftans? The only person I knew to wear kaftans was an old aunt of OH's who's sadly no longer with us...she was disabled and very overweight. She wore them morning noon and night and even had a "posh" black one for evenings out! They most certainly aren't something one should aspire to wear, not even on the beach....I guess ok to hide your modesty when you're getting changed, but I think I'd rather show me saggy old bits than be spotted wearing one of them!

I've got an African one and a Malaysian one in cotton/batik - they are quite nice - both full length. I wouldn't wear them out though, it's only for wearing after a bath or on a lazy Sunday morning!

The IW ones all look like slinky fabric to me - not nice....too hot and only short.

Big and Butch more like :heart:

Trouble is, you end up sacrificing a fair bit in the brain department then.... :thinking:

Like you want them for witty banter and intellectual debates anyway :rolleyes:

I think that Mommabear used to have a thing for Kaftans, I may be wrong. Sure there was a post when we discussed buying a kaftan or two for our cruise. You need something loose to conceal all that food you just have to cram in on these all inclusive cruises to make sure you get your moneys worth.:giggle:

I may be wrong, but I'm almost sure that was Mrs James rather than Mommabear.

Unless Andy Love has declared that polyester tents get him "going", in which case Momma will be down to Millets ASAP :giggle:

I think that Mommabear used to have a thing for Kaftans, I may be wrong. Sure there was a post when we discussed buying a kaftan or two for our cruise. You need something loose to conceal all that food you just have to cram in on these all inclusive cruises to make sure you get your moneys worth.:giggle:

*shudders*

Unless Andy Love has declared that polyester tents get him "going", in which case Momma will be down to Millets ASAP :giggle:

Thanks for setting the record straight HC, it was indeed Mrs J :wonder:

*shudders

Thanks for setting the record straight HC, it was indeed Mrs J :wonder:

Please except my apologies Mommabear, the tread was quite some time back. Obviously I had such a good time on the cruise I've no recal of the true events at all.:sad:

Please except my apologies Mommabear, the tread was quite some time back. Obviously I had such a good time on the cruise I've no recal of the true events at all.:sad:

No need to apologise Mitzi, I recall you had a little trouble remembering a lot of things on that cruise owing to seasickness *cough* :drunk:

I'm sure you remember that I was the svelte one and Mrs J was a little more 'padded out', shall we say, and more able to show off the kaftan to its deserved best :wonder:

In truth, I couldn't stand the bliddy things but pretended I did, just to shut her up, as she couldn't fit into anything else :rolleyes:

I was the one with the seven in one dress in cherry red :wave:.........is it all coming back now?

Latest posts

Back