Why do I do this to myself?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
Just as I was getting over my sulk about the ring I bought for £999 that then sold (after the 10 day money back period) for £749...I saw it for sale again on Gems TV tonight. I could have turned over and avoid getting upset again but oh no, not me...I just had to watch. You can guess what happened, can't you? Yup...it sold for over £200 less than I paid
sad010.gif
Why the hell do I continue to watch Gems TV? I need help
gehtsnoch.gif
. I know from past experience it won't make any difference but, to vent my spleen, I fired off an email to CS ranting about there misleading sales tactics. When I bought the ring we were clearly told there were only 5 ever made and they were ALL that auction...it went to one drop and they ALL sold. I didn't stand a chance that's why I feel so hard done by
swear1.gif
I'm away for another sulk.

crikey huggles you must be gutted, i know i would be.

it doesnt help when you know its the way the game is played or even that on other items you will have paid less than other customers. 200 pounds is a lot to stomach and def. worth a big sulk

What a shame they did away with the Price Pledge, many's the time I got a refund on the differences, and immediately spent it on something else. It was a win win situation for them.

:doggie:

Absolutely MadWoman - it ensured a fairer field of play, kept customers coming back as they bid without feeling undermined.

Am sorry to read of what happened Huggles - a few quid you could stomach, but £200 ffs? It sounds to me like someone returned their item or didn't go through with their purchase, so they're selling the returns. Selling one at a time then makes for a captive market, so to speak.

Sorry to hear about your upset Huggles. A year ago I managed to win my 'dream' Paraiba Tourmaline ring and Rod said it was £200 below the price that the other three had gone for. I was very excited - until it arrived. Lovely simple setting (just my cup of tea), 2½ carats, perfect colour, but no inner glow whatsoever. No wonder it had been returned (all four were originally sold at the same time just like yours). Despite looking like my perfect PT at a fantastic price, it winged it's way back to Gems Towers pretty smartish.
What a disappointment!
Hope this makes you feel just a tad better - just tell yourself this one was horribly flawed!

Nothing I can add to help Huggles. So sorry about this happening to you but as Jacqualina says it will have been returned for a reason and yours will be much much nicer!

Just as I was getting over my sulk about the ring I bought for £999 that then sold (after the 10 day money back period) for £749...I saw it for sale again on Gems TV tonight. I could have turned over and avoid getting upset again but oh no, not me...I just had to watch. You can guess what happened, can't you? Yup...it sold for over £200 less than I paid
sad010.gif
Why the hell do I continue to watch Gems TV? I need help
gehtsnoch.gif
. I know from past experience it won't make any difference but, to vent my spleen, I fired off an email to CS ranting about there misleading sales tactics. When I bought the ring we were clearly told there were only 5 ever made and they were ALL that auction...it went to one drop and they ALL sold. I didn't stand a chance that's why I feel so hard done by
swear1.gif
I'm away for another sulk.

Hi Huggles

I was watching the same programme and having kept a note of prices when all these coloured diamond pieces were aired a few weeks back, saw some sold for less than originally. I was surprised to see so many on sale having got the impression that each style was very limited...and some had virtually sold out first time round.

But this has all happened previously earlier in the year, when there was a rush to buy at the first opportunity and then more items kept appearing in drip and drabs for some time later. One presenter even got their knuckles rapped for giving out inaccurate info about quantities made! Happened to be on the item I had bought!

So was it a yellow one or a pink one you bought?
Please excuse my noseyness! :55: :D

It was this one, Sacha...

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/ProductDataSheet.jsp?productid=124255

It is the most money I've spent on a single item of jewellery but at the time I thought it would be the best chance I'd have to get it. Now I have it, and it's a pretty ring, I don't really enjoy it as every time I look at it I think what a fool I was to be so hasty. Still you live and learn....
fear8.gif

I've tried to move on but since I bought that ring but I don't have the same passion for Gems TV as I used to. They lost a loyal customer, so in the long run I will have my revenge.

Its a beautiful ring Huggles and the design is so pretty with the crossed over shoulders. At least you have the knowledge that you are the (proud) owner of some beautiful natural pink diamonds. There are very many who may envy you.....

I know just how you feel Huggles...My hub bought a black diamond cluster from Gems for £399, then saw it on the web (before the Shop arrived) and it went for £302 in the web auction...We'd had to send ours back for replacement because 2 of the stones were slighty chipped - local jeweller spotted that - so I'm consoling myself with perhaps it was the chipped one they'd put back on the web..!

Not sure if I should mention on this thread, but on a smaller scale, I paid £24 for a ring from RocksTV, and it went next night for £8 - quite a difference at that level......And like you, I don't feel the same way about it now...

Latest posts

Back