Gems TV USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't help with that Insider, all I do know is that they'll need to buck their ideas up. There are an absolute humungous amount of jewellery traders in the States and the Americans are far more demanding customers than we, neither will they tolerate poor and inconsistent service. xxxxxxx

It would be nice if they could get GemsTV UK running properly first!

What's the origin of this speculation then? :thinking:

From the horse's gob Sacha, Steve. It has however been in the air for a long time, rather like all the wonders we are being told to expect on JM! xxxxxxxxxx

Rocks TV mk 2

From the comments and piccie on FB, it seems the new RocksTV studio is coming along in its preparation.
If it follows the pattern of our old Rocks, being shown on the net, then we should all be able to have a stickybeak at it? Will be interesting to see if they start off with 'bonkers' prices as we were fortunate to get....in the very early days. Though I expect they won't want to repeat the online Chat box that we had!!

Also interesting is the shipping logistics, from the new warehouses in Redditch or elsewhere? Especially as its seems to be a bit...ummm....unsatisfactory even on our shores atm, from comments on the JM forum! I gather that American customers don't tolerate inefficiency very well and in many cases they are used to $0 shipping costs!

So we shall see......:smirk:

From what I can see on facebook, victoria norris, rod and Ali will be moving to rockstv, not sure on anyone else, just wish they had sorted there problems at home first before trying their luck over the pond, cant see it lasting very long but who knows xx

Just seen on FB that it is Rod, Victoria, Angeline, Nick & Ruth that are going to be on RocksTV.

I will miss Angeline but hopefully we will be able to have a little spy on the new channel when it launches :eek:)

Blimey, didn't know Abby Surgeon was such an expert in so many areas! Ideal World carp, QVC technology among other things, now an expert on gems - hmmm.

Hmmmmph!

According to their new facebook page the presenters are

Kara Kingsward-Hughes
Angeline Davies
Nick Davies
Abby Surgeon
Ruth Linnett
Hannah Clemmeaux
Matt MacNamara
Victoria Norris

http://www.facebook.com/rockstv

Thanks for the above link Sazza, I have a hard time finding anything on FB, so that was helpful.

I'm a bit disgusted that Gems have not seen fit to email their present customers to inform them of all these ongoing changes or even make a video clip for the two channels. There must be a lot of viewers wondering why their favourite presenters are disappearing from their screens. And now Matt and Rod are on THAT list..........:mysmilie_468:

And what's that about.... quote Ruth..... "Beautiful pieces of jewelry could fall to as little as $1."

Btw who's Kara Kingsward-Hughes??

No problem Sacha!!

Kara is one of the new presenters!

Hannah, who has been on Gems for a while now, well I have only just realised she has a twin sister, who is Charlie Clemmow from Doctors, might be different spelling of surname that led to the penny not dropping with me!!

I do think Gems have once again left customers in the dark and given the mess they are in re orders in the UK I dread to think what poor new customers in the US will have to cope with!

Oh and is Gems itself now no longer 24 hours a day?

Surprise, surprise! Gleened from my latest foray into FB, today was launch day and hasn't happened because of ................. yes ................. you've guessed it ........................ technical issues. Looks like Great Auntie Beryl pressed the wrong button again. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wonder if they will make an HD simulcast ? If not will they still broadcast in 16:9 as most if not all SD Stateside is still made in 4:3.

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Technical issue on Gems this afternoon, Ruth was doing an under £20 hour but caption at bottom said under $20!! :grin:

interested in items falling to $1 ......are we going to get the same thing here too - like the old days - or is the support of UK customers so taken for granted that they dont need to be offered what, after all used to be the mantra of the company, ....remember the days of prices dropping until everything was sold?

watching the launch - interesting how the delivery time to the US is the same as the delivery to the UK - how on earth can that be so? Presume Uk orders are second class and USA ones are 1st class super speeded through the system.
I hope prices and super offers are comparable - only time will tell - it would be a huge slap in the face if UK customers were subsidising the US customer wouldnt it?

Latest posts

Back