I used to love Gems TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had a peek at the "Animaux" show. All of the pieces available from China. Nothing Gemporia about them.

The Ethiopian opals on Gem Collector at the weekend were nice (just nice - but better than their standard stock) but £99 + (£4 P&P) for an average weight 3ct stone? I don't know what anyone else thinks but I think that's very top heavy.

I looked at gems today remembering it's the birthday week what did find Primal a whole 2 hours. Just looked again and it's visage.....
What is going on ?
I noticed that too. I've been flicking in and out over the past few days, everything available is what I've seen before. Yesterday, Angeline was selling the purple EASTER baskets and door wreathes, tumble stone bracelets etc, alongside her IF diamond snowflake pendant. The line up looked uncoordinated and quite a mess. Today, Primal had the usual vitamin promotions, soaps and shampoo. But nothing to write home about.

Although to be fair, there have been quite a few new Gem Auras product lines recently, I thought they were parting company by Oct?... obviously not.

I noticed that too. I've been flicking in and out over the past few days, everything available is what I've seen before. Yesterday, Angeline was selling the purple EASTER baskets and door wreathes, tumble stone bracelets etc, alongside her IF diamond snowflake pendant. The line up looked uncoordinated and quite a mess. Today, Primal had the usual vitamin promotions, soaps and shampoo. But nothing to write home about.

Although to be fair, there have been quite a few new Gem Auras product lines recently, I thought they were parting company by Oct?... obviously not.
I wondered about too.

I used to order back in the early 00s, great jewellery excellent gold weights I have some 4 grams, and they are not the expensive diamond. I just stopped when the gold prices went up have no interest in their clothes lifestyle stuff.
I shopped with them from the start not bought anything in a while now with no intention of buying again from them. What once was a decent company has gone to ruins. Quality is shocking now, prices are through the roof, the hard sell beggars belief and the presenters are just plain awful. The ones that have been there the longest in my opinion are the worst offenders like sharks the recent additions well....... The lifestyle etc I'm sure you could buy better designs and quality at the local market. Candles etc to me are way over priced also. It now divides it's sales between Primal , Visage and jewellery. Which makes me think Steve just may step back in as the primal sales have to earn more On tv with the sales chat than online where he has massive competition. I look in occasionally but definitely no longer buy regardless of what I see.

I'm a little heartened to see them offering pledges again. I haven't bought for a while as I lost any incentive when they started refusing pledges as a matter of course. Perhaps it's sunk in that loyal customers don't like the change in policy.

I'm a little heartened to see them offering pledges again. I haven't bought for a while as I lost any incentive when they started refusing pledges as a matter of course. Perhaps it's sunk in that loyal customers don't like the change in policy.
Yes that is a good sign but, not enough for me to spend my money. The quality of items and the oldest presenters are my biggest bug bear.

Had a peek at the "Animaux" show. All of the pieces available from China. Nothing Gemporia about them.

The Ethiopian opals on Gem Collector at the weekend were nice (just nice - but better than their standard stock) but £99 + (£4 P&P) for an average weight 3ct stone? I don't know what anyone else thinks but I think that's very top heavy.

Gem Collector has become way overpriced over the past 18 months or so.

I get far better stones for a fraction of the price from elsewhere now.

Is this all the time though? I've seen hints that they're encouraging price pledges even during clearances again - yet at the weekend night, one presenter (Adina I think it may have been) said 'no price pledges this hour'.

They need to stop confusing people. If they're re-introducing price pledges, then they need to be across the board without any confusing exclusions.

I caught, very briefly the Visage show last night and they were promoting a Pink Candle. Hattie confirmed that this was the last Gem Auras candle, and that she had worked with Jainey on it. I suppose the Kimbie and Sundar range is made in exactly the same factory and will fly out the doors in exactly the way.

I caught, very briefly the Visage show last night and they were promoting a Pink Candle. Hattie confirmed that this was the last Gem Auras candle, and that she had worked with Jainey on it. I suppose the Kimbie and Sundar range is made in exactly the same factory and will fly out the doors in exactly the way.
It's a pity they came through the door in the first place imo.

What are those Sundar offering Lynn Jinks has had On today? I can't quite believe what I'm looking at. I haven't seen anything spectacular so far to say it's their birthday.

They're offering a spectacular 19% discount on their website throughout the birthday event.

Considering their web discounts are usually around 30%, I'd say that's a spectacular own goal.

They're offering a spectacular 19% discount on their website throughout the birthday event.

Considering their web discounts are usually around 30%, I'd say that's a spectacular own goal.
I got an "even-more-spectacular" card through the post. Offering me an "incredible" 20% discount. They used to give a code for 35% in their magazine - every issue. So, I was slightly underwhelmed by their largesse on this occasion. My money will be staying firmly in my wallet.

I got an "even-more-spectacular" card through the post. Offering me an "incredible" 20% discount. They used to give a code for 35% in their magazine - every issue. So, I was slightly underwhelmed by their largesse on this occasion. My money will be staying firmly in my wallet.
Me too, mine went in the bin lol

Latest posts

Back