Schedule changes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Absolutely spot on. I find her infuriating. In fact "genuinely the most....I have ever seen".

*on the look out for the nose rubbing now....
Yes, it really does make you feel queasy at times - under no circumstances could I watch her for even an hour - yuk! And when she's not rubbing around her nose she's flicking her hair (in the old days, when I was actually watching Gems for longer than 5-10 minutes, she regularly had to yank the dress up as well, so all in all it was a miracle she found the time to flog any jewellery :LOL:). What I can never understand is why someone at Gems didn't TELL her about the nose rubbing - or maybe she suffers with catarrh or something, in which case it's a shame, but it sure 'ain't pretty to watch.

Always looks away from camera like she's talking to someone and then looks back to camera and rubs her nose ugh, can't watch her anymore
Yes! I'd forgotten the "conversation" with the Invisible Man (or Woman) in the background! She'd say something like...."yes, I know, but then..." to the Invisible Man (Woman) and then switch back to talking to the viewers! Bonkers, and not exactly polite, either. I suppose it's all part of the razzmatazz to try to convince us that someone, off-screen, has said something of vital importance (such as: "Jade Troth will be joining us shortly with 900 tons of jade, get your piece before China buys the lot") - and so people keep watching, in case they've missed some deeply insightful comment off-camera that might be repeated later. Meanwhile, back in the real world, it was probably just the camera operator telling her he/she's popping to the loo.....

So, it looks like there's some schedule changes after all.

Rachel Hatton was back on the morning shift this morning - and she's confirmed that Rosie Wells is back on Gems TV on the 'switch' days when Rachel Hatton is off.

That free's up Lindsey Carr and Kate McCarthy (Lynn was also in that time slot, but she's gone).

Lindsey Carr seems to be covering a lot of Jewellery Maker at the moment - so, hopefully, she's moving over there permanently to replace Zena.

So where does Kate McCarthy fit in, along with the new presenter that they've just taken on?

I wonder if someone could be on their way out that we're not aware of? Interestingly, Ellis said she was due back on Monday - but she's hasn't re-appeared. She once used to brag about how she never had time off and didn't even use all her holiday - whereas she seems to be taking more time off these days and no longer works one day a week (Fridays I think?).

Could Ellis be getting 'bored' and moving on? Could Hattie be moving on to focus on pilates teaching?

Rachel Hatton was back on the morning shift this morning - and she's confirmed that Rosie Wells is back on Gems TV on the 'switch' days when Rachel Hatton is off.

That free's up Lindsey Carr and Kate McCarthy (Lynn was also in that time slot, but she's gone).

Lindsey Carr seems to be covering a lot of Jewellery Maker at the moment - so, hopefully, she's moving over there permanently to replace Zena.

So where does Kate McCarthy fit in, along with the new presenter that they've just taken on?

I wonder if someone could be on their way out that we're not aware of? Interestingly, Ellis said she was due back on Monday - but she's hasn't re-appeared. She once used to brag about how she never had time off and didn't even use all her holiday - whereas she seems to be taking more time off these days and no longer works one day a week (Fridays I think?).

Could Ellis be getting 'bored' and moving on? Could Hattie be moving on to focus on pilates teaching?
Could be that Rachel doesn't plan to do three days in a row so Rosie will just do the one she doesn't, plus Kate doesn't do Monday's so again Rosie could be doing those.

One can only hope!

Why what did ahe say?

Words to the effect of 'Some people will be crying into their lattes that I'm back - but I can assure you that I'm going nowhere'.

She'd obviously read the 'schedule changes' post yesterday. It's not the first time she's had a dig back to posts on here.

It's strange that she never brings up the one where the ASA gave Gemporia a warning for misleading though after she flogged a Tanzanite ring in the 'reverse auction' for more than it was available to buy at full price from their website. I'm sure it's just an oversight, and as Ellis likes responding to posts from this forum, I'm sure we can expect an apology from Ellis about why she misled viewers when she's back on Monday.......................

Words to the effect of 'Some people will be crying into their lattes that I'm back - but I can assure you that I'm going nowhere'.

She'd obviously read the 'schedule changes' post yesterday. It's not the first time she's had a dig back to posts on here.

It's strange that she never brings up the one where the ASA gave Gemporia a warning for misleading though after she flogged a Tanzanite ring in the 'reverse auction' for more than it was available to buy at full price from their website. I'm sure it's just an oversight, and as Ellis likes responding to posts from this forum, I'm sure we can expect an apology from Ellis about why she misled viewers when she's back on Monday.......................
Talking of visitors from there to here. When I first joined this site, give or take, I saw Steve himself used to post. Reckon that's beneath him now? Was surprised to see that, actually. And, although he's not on Gemporia, I have also seen a QVC (if I recall from the days I used to go there) presenter / ex presenter here (the general site) too.

Talking of visitors from there to here. When I first joined this site, give or take, I saw Steve himself used to post. Reckon that's beneath him now? Was surprised to see that, actually. And, although he's not on Gemporia, I have also seen a QVC (if I recall from the days I used to go there) presenter / ex presenter here (the general site) too.

Steve doesn't even bother to appear on Gemporia now unless he's flogging the latest health gadget - so the chances of him coming on here are about as likely as Jake Thompson winning the London Marathon.

It was just over a year ago that he said there would be changes on Gemporia and he'd be running it again. Just a few weeks after that, we found out that Jake Thompson was running the show instead.

I think it's fair to say that Steve has very little interest in Gemporia these days.

Jake Thompson winning the London Marathon.
LOL.
I think it's fair to say that Steve has very little interest in Gemporia these days.
He does seem sparse. But many pies and lessening fingers come to mind with him and his business history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he start in computer magazines? Yes, off-topic but I'm like that :p

LOL.

He does seem sparse. But many pies and lessening fingers come to mind with him and his business history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he start in computer magazines? Yes, off-topic but I'm like that :p

He's had his fingers in many pies (and Jake Thompson ate the remnants by the looks of his waistline).

Computer Software
Jungle.com
A selly-telly channel prior to Gemporia
TGGC / Gems TV / Gemporia (twice - sold it and bought it back)
Primal
Health Results
He has another business with Angeline according to Companies House.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he tried to set up a wine subscription business too - but I can't seem to find any info on that?

He's had his fingers in many pies (and Jake Thompson ate the remnants by the looks of his waistline).
Again, lol.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he tried to set up a wine subscription business too - but I can't seem to find any info on that?
I remember, as a promotion, way back getting a wine sub. certificate in one of my purchases. So maybe he put into that, with his mate Richard? He's another one with a lot going on.

Again, lol.

I remember, as a promotion, way back getting a wine sub. certificate in one of my purchases. So maybe he put into that, with his mate Richard? He's another one with a lot going on.

I think that was Virgin Wines. They used to shove those flyers in boxes a lot once upon a time. Steve's venture goes way back before that though - one of his very first businesses I believe.

I despise Richard Branson - but he doesn't actually own a lot of 'his' "Virgin' branded businesses. Businesses use his name for, presumably, a hefty sum. He doesn't own Virgin Media. He didn't own Virgin Trains (Stagecoach, the bus company, owned Virgin Trains), and I don't believe he owns Virgin Radio, and he doesn't own a lot of his other businesses. I don't even think Virgin Atlantic is owned entirely by him.

Even with Rachel back there appears to still be holes in the schedule. Rosie has confirmed that she is returning on a 6 shifts per month basis which might just about cover the days Rachel (who has not been full time in many a year) and Kate do not work but certainly won’t do any more than that. Lindsey Carr has a full time position in the 3PM slot but regularly appears elsewhere presumably because she is desperate for money and will take anything offered. This would appear to suggest there is still no regular presenter for Ellis’ Friday.
While I imagine she will continue to cover JM when Elle and Carole are off Zena’s one shift per fortnight is not going to be an enticing prospect for anyone on a regular basis and the only slightly interesting thing that has happened there was the appearance of long departed Lyndsey Vickers a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back