Schedule changes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So incredibly disappointing that Jeff is not doing the weekend night shows this weekend.

At this moment in time Gemporia is streaming the prerecorded shows?.. all ”chopped” from one to other in a crude way,
from Troth with his Jade to Lindsey screeching about Aquamarine. Shows are cut and started mid sentence?

There was no information/explanation from Gemporia to “the family” on these sudden significant changes to the weekend schedule.

The overall feeling is so reminiscent of the time last year when Gemporia was in trouble, these kind of drastic changes were happening and no explanation was offered.

Truly hope my “spidey sences” are wrong and Gemporia will be prosperous past April! But I fear that the current changes are a warning sign that Steve/Sarah Bennet may have not helped the company “as advertised” and hoped by many.

Last edited:
I turned it on some time around 11/11:30 last night and it was just on a blank gemporia screen with no sound. I turned it off after a minute or two. Presuming it was to do with all the chopping and changing of shows

I wouldn't worry too much, yet. Not 100% sure but I think that Jeff is on holiday.

I think we've seen the last of him on that shift. He's doing Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Based on what he said recently, I presume he's following the same pattern as other presenters from now on - Wednesday and Thursday one week, then Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the rotation week.

I think we've seen the last of him on that shift. He's doing Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Based on what he said recently, I presume he's following the same pattern as other presenters from now on - Wednesday and Thursday one week, then Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the rotation week.
Claire Cummins is on 11pm-3am tonight

Claire Cummins is on 11pm-3am tonight
Yeah just seen her. I suspect it's a one-off.

My gut instinct is still that Millie Griffiths will return for weekends. She was covering on Gem Collector today so she wouldn't have been able to do tonight as well.

I could bear about 12 seconds of awful shouty "I'm reet fun, me" Claire. No thank you. Jeff is perfect in the weekend slot.

Adina does have her annoyances - but I disagree that she isn'tk knowledgeable. When she actually spends the time on presentation, without all the Gemporia BS, she is probably the most knowledgeable presenter on the channel. I suspect that's why she always gets product launches - such as the Tulelei, Nilamani, etc.

Hattie drives me mad. She's far too overconfident and loud and loves the sound of her own voice. She might be funny at times - which is fine at appropriate times (Destello or homewares) - but not during gold hours and during more considered purchase shows.

The thing is, when the Queen died and Gemporia presenters toned it right down, Hattie was BRILLIANT! Very calm, professional, not at all shouty and enjoyable to watch. So she does have the capabilities of being a really good presenter. Unfortunately, she just loves the sound of her voice too much to do it for a prolonged period.
Trouble with Adina is that you lose the will to live watching her and I can honestly say that even when I was watching Gems a few years back I never actually learnt anything from her (unlike Scott Worsfold or Derek Marks) because she just never finishes what she's saying. So although she might be very knowledgeable, the constant breaking off in the middle of sentences, then starting another sentence, then stopping at the beginning of that one, etc. (rinse and repeat ad infinitum) just turns you off completely. She's always got away with behaving like this, and really she should have been pulled up on it - and the nose-rubbing, which is quite sick-making at times (and if I was still buying - which I 'ain't - I'd put in a special request to NOT be sent the one she picks up after rubbing around her nose).

So you see....and then what it is.....now this is something that...(oh no! the curse of Adina has struck yet again!..)

Trouble with Adina is that you lose the will to live watching her and I can honestly say that even when I was watching Gems a few years back I never actually learnt anything from her (unlike Scott Worsfold or Derek Marks) because she just never finishes what she's saying. So although she might be very knowledgeable, the constant breaking off in the middle of sentences, then starting another sentence, then stopping at the beginning of that one, etc. (rinse and repeat ad infinitum) just turns you off completely. She's always got away with behaving like this, and really she should have been pulled up on it - and the nose-rubbing, which is quite sick-making at times (and if I was still buying - which I 'ain't - I'd put in a special request to NOT be sent the one she picks up after rubbing around her nose).

So you see....and then what it is.....now this is something that...(oh no! the curse of Adina has struck yet again!..)
Absolutely spot on. I find her infuriating. In fact "genuinely the most....I have ever seen".

*on the look out for the nose rubbing now....

Jeff is doing 3pm to 7pm today.

At this moment in time Gemporia is streaming the prerecorded shows?.. all ”chopped” from one to other in a crude way,
from Troth with his Jade to Lindsey screeching about Aquamarine. Shows are cut and started mid sentence?

There was no information/explanation from Gemporia to “the family” on these sudden significant changes to the weekend schedule.

The overall feeling is so reminiscent of the time last year when Gemporia was in trouble, these kind of drastic changes were happening and no explanation was offered.

Truly hope my “spidey sences” are wrong and Gemporia will be prosperous past April! But I fear that the current changes are a warning sign that Steve/Sarah Bennet may have not helped the company “as advertised” and hoped by many.

It does seem really unprofessional when the shows just swap mid-sentence. Instead of showing pre-recorded shows, I don't know why they don't just close altogether between 11pm and 3am.

I don't think Steve has any interest in Gemporia now (he more or less admitted it himself - he's too busy with his 'health' projects). I think his impact has been minimal other than putting money in the kitty last March to speed up refunds.

It's Steve going in the first place that created all these problems after handing all the responsibility to that idiot Wagstaffe.

Jake Thompson is the one running the show now - and that's probably why the on-air side of things is still a car crash.

As for April - it does make you wonder if Lynn can see what's coming - so she's decided to jump ship before the trouble strikes.

It does seem really unprofessional when the shows just swap mid-sentence. Instead of showing pre-recorded shows, I don't know why they don't just close altogether between 11pm and 3am.

I don't think Steve has any interest in Gemporia now (he more or less admitted it himself - he's too busy with his 'health' projects). I think his impact has been minimal other than putting money in the kitty last March to speed up refunds.

It's Steve going in the first place that created all these problems after handing all the responsibility to that idiot Wagstaffe.

Jake Thompson is the one running the show now - and that's probably why the on-air side of things is still a car crash.

As for April - it does make you wonder if Lynn can see what's coming - so she's decided to jump ship before the trouble strikes.
I do seem to dimly recall someone, who seemed to know what was going on at 'Poria saying they would not be going out of business - until at least next April - which would be this April - at least. This because of the involvement of their bank in some kind of rescue deal or other.

I do seem to dimly recall someone, who seemed to know what was going on at 'Poria saying they would not be going out of business - until at least next April - which would be this April - at least. This because of the involvement of their bank in some kind of rescue deal or other.

Yeah that's right. Something to do with a loan that Gemporia had taken out or something along those lines.

Latest posts

Back