Schedule changes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even with Rachel back there appears to still be holes in the schedule. Rosie has confirmed that she is returning on a 6 shifts per month basis which might just about cover the days Rachel (who has not been full time in many a year) and Kate do not work but certainly won’t do any more than that. Lindsey Carr has a full time position in the 3PM slot but regularly appears elsewhere presumably because she is desperate for money and will take anything offered. This would appear to suggest there is still no regular presenter for Ellis’ Friday.
While I imagine she will continue to cover JM when Elle and Carole are off Zena’s one shift per fortnight is not going to be an enticing prospect for anyone on a regular basis and the only slightly interesting thing that has happened there was the appearance of long departed Lyndsey Vickers a few weeks ago.

Rachel has been off on maternity leave - hence why she hasn't been on.

Lindsey Carr is actually scheduled for mornings - but she's been covering for just about everyone.

Zena doesn't even manage once a fortnight. She hasn't been on TV this year. She's off for 'personal reasons' - and nobody seems to know when she's going back according to a source (I'm not revealing who, for obvious reasons).

I was nice to see Lindsey Vickers back for a one off. She's too good for Gemporia though. If she intends to return to presenting, I hope she looks for a better place to work than Gemporia.

I remember Steve’s Wine Channel, it didn’t last long. Waayyy back in the day when Gems started, they frequently had IT issues and him and Sarah would just talk about al kinds of things. I remember him talking about his company CD Jungle, which he sold if memory serves to Argos? He had a recording company also and signed Sarah, who was 15 or 16 at the time, which is how they met.

I remember Steve’s Wine Channel, it didn’t last long. Waayyy back in the day when Gems started, they frequently had IT issues and him and Sarah would just talk about al kinds of things. I remember him talking about his company CD Jungle, which he sold if memory serves to Argos? He had a recording company also and signed Sarah, who was 15 or 16 at the time, which is how they met.

Thanks for that. I thought I read that he once had a wine channel but I couldn't find anything about it yesterday and I was beginning to wonder whether I'd just imagined it.

You're correct about Jungle.

As for Sarah - I read that he once ploughed a lot of his own money into Sarah in the hope that she would 'make it' - but that didn't work out.

He seems to have had a lot of businesses - which would seem to suggest that he gets bored very quickly before he moves on to his next venture. I read somewhere once (possibly his Lure of Gems book) that he had a big passion for gemstones and that Gemporia would be his last business. That aged well.......

I think that was Virgin Wines. They used to shove those flyers in boxes a lot once upon a time. Steve's venture goes way back before that though - one of his very first businesses I believe.

I despise Richard Branson - but he doesn't actually own a lot of 'his' "Virgin' branded businesses. Businesses use his name for, presumably, a hefty sum. He doesn't own Virgin Media. He didn't own Virgin Trains (Stagecoach, the bus company, owned Virgin Trains), and I don't believe he owns Virgin Radio, and he doesn't own a lot of his other businesses. I don't even think Virgin Atlantic is owned entirely by him.
Trump's model so when they come calling for cash, he has none, Branson did own actual stuff and sold it off though

Rachel has been off on maternity leave - hence why she hasn't been on.

Lindsey Carr is actually scheduled for mornings - but she's been covering for just about everyone.

Zena doesn't even manage once a fortnight. She hasn't been on TV this year. She's off for 'personal reasons' - and nobody seems to know when she's going back according to a source (I'm not revealing who, for obvious reasons).

I was nice to see Lindsey Vickers back for a one off. She's too good for Gemporia though. If she intends to return to presenting, I hope she looks for a better place to work than Gemporia.
I’m afraid you are incorrect in saying Lindsey Carr is scheduled for mornings, she moved to afternoons at the same time that Lynn moved to mornings and now shares the 3pm slot with Jess Foley.
Whilst you are right in saying that Rachel and Zena have both been on leave it is also true that Rachel has worked part time since her return to Gemporia and is likely to still be doing so and Zena is only meant to be on JM on alternative Saturdays (the rest of her work being on HM which would now be overstaffed if Zena was working due to Cheralene’s maternity cover having been taken on more permanently).

I’m afraid you are incorrect in saying Lindsey Carr is scheduled for mornings, she moved to afternoons at the same time that Lynn moved to mornings and now shares the 3pm slot with Jess Foley.
Whilst you are right in saying that Rachel and Zena have both been on leave it is also true that Rachel has worked part time since her return to Gemporia and is likely to still be doing so and Zena is only meant to be on JM on alternative Saturdays (the rest of her work being on HM which would now be overstaffed if Zena was working due to Cheralene’s maternity cover having been taken on more permanently).

HM wouldn't have been overstaffed - Zena would have been returning to JM (hence why JM has been short staffed - because Zena is missing).

They're that short on JM, they've had to draft in Lindsey Carr from Gems TV and even brought in Lindsey Vickers, who hasn't been working since her last baby.

It's come from a reliable source that they don't really know why Zena is off other than for 'personal reasons', and they don't know when, or even if, she's going back. She, allegedly, isn't keeping them informed or up to date.

I very rarely watch this channel but have a bit more recently since read g comments on this forum. At the moment there is a 1950s Beatnik and a scrawny, screeching woman flogging knuckledusters carved stones in. Don’t know who either of them are.

Out of interest I looked on their website earlier to see about different gemstone treatments. They are there - 24 of them!

I very rarely watch this channel but have a bit more recently since read g comments on this forum. At the moment there is a 1950s Beatnik and a scrawny, screeching woman flogging knuckledusters carved stones in. Don’t know who either of them are.

Out of interest I looked on their website earlier to see about different gemstone treatments. They are there - 24 of them!
Toby Cavill and Jess Foley.

HM wouldn't have been overstaffed - Zena would have been returning to JM (hence why JM has been short staffed - because Zena is missing).

They're that short on JM, they've had to draft in Lindsey Carr from Gems TV and even brought in Lindsey Vickers, who hasn't been working since her last baby.

It's come from a reliable source that they don't really know why Zena is off other than for 'personal reasons', and they don't know when, or even if, she's going back. She, allegedly, isn't keeping them informed or up to date.
JM is actually fully staffed other than one show per fortnight as Carole Roache, they just have next to no holiday cover due to the smaller number of presenters on that channel so other people in the group often cover when Elle or Carole are away (in a similar way to Milly often covering leave on GC as a freelancer). Zena has been primarily on HM since her return from her previous period of personal leave (and has not been a more than a semi-regular cover / Saturday presenter on JM since it went to one show per day) and would presumably be returning to that channel if she was to come back given Elle and Carole have presented 13 of the 14 fortnightly morning shows for many a year (at least as long as JM has used the Gemporia rotational scheduling).

JM is actually fully staffed other than one show per fortnight as Carole Roache, they just have next to no holiday cover due to the smaller number of presenters on that channel so other people in the group often cover when Elle or Carole are away (in a similar way to Milly often covering leave on GC as a freelancer). Zena has been primarily on HM since her return from her previous period of personal leave (and has not been a more than a semi-regular cover / Saturday presenter on JM since it went to one show per day) and would presumably be returning to that channel if she was to come back given Elle and Carole have presented 13 of the 14 fortnightly morning shows for many a year (at least as long as JM has used the Gemporia rotational scheduling).

It's not 'fully staffed' then is it if they have to keep drafting people in from other channels. JM has two presenters - but it requires three. Hence why Zena would have been put back there - but that isn't possible at the moment because they don't know if/when she's going back from her current period of leave for 'personal reasons'.

I have just noticed Cheralene is back on the presenters page of Gemporia, well I think she wasn't on it and has been put back on.

I have just noticed Cheralene is back on the presenters page of Gemporia, well I think she wasn't on it and has been put back on.
I think I've seen her on JM and or HM: I know it wasn't Gemporia ;)

I hope its a mistake. It's really difficult for anyone to be worse than Jess Foley - but somehow, Cheralene Lavery manages to pull it off.

"In this design we can see here.........."
"The light is dancing out of it................"
"I this one-off opportunity - get in quick, 46 available..........."

Same old lines on repeat, just like Jess Foley.

Yep, back on HM and also covering on JM when required.
Theory. Not to be taken as gospel. Perhaps she's had personal time because she's been having familial disputes and gone 'on strike'. Thinks me of Janey, Steve and Zena all being related. Blood-wise, not marriage or children.

Latest posts

Back