Hand held food mixer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Anyone watching Lorraines Pascales latest series on BBC2 - Fast, Fresh and Easy Food?

I need a new hand held food mixer and she uses a really nice red one, cylinder shaped so you can stand it on end. There's been no close up and I haven't spotted a makers name.

I've found a couple of similar ones online but wondered if anyone recognises the red one? - I've kinda set my heart on it - unless it's mega bucks! :mysmilie_46:

TIA

Would be interested to know too. I've been thinking of getting one so if anyone can recommend anything.

Sorry, Frazzled, didn't mean to step on your toes!

I had a hand mixer - I think Morphy Richards - for years and it broke down so I went a bought a real cheapie from Tesco or Argos. It only lasted for about 12 months and completely died so was a complete waste of money. So I invested in a Kenwood Chef (still lusting after the Kitchenaid Artisan but that is out of my price bracket) got it for around £150 from Amazon and it is amazing. Would not be without it now. It gets used 5-6 times a week as I use it for everything from pancake/yorkshire batter to Mash potatoes and obviously baking. Well worth the investment.

I would love to have a food mixer, but I wouldn't use it much apart from when entertaining so a hand mixer would be more practical for me. I like Kenwood and have their stick blender which I use a lot for soup. It also has a masher attachment which, apart from potatoes, is good for mashing carrot and swede - Yum!

The Lorraine Pascales one is very similar to the Kenwood one below. She uses a Kitchenaid mixer but I can't find a hand held on their site or anywhere. Dualit also do something similar. I'll keep looking for a while, want to get one before I retire next year.

mixer.jpg

Latest posts

Back