Won't Be shopping with Ideal world again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gordon Harris

Registered Shopper
I ordered a steam generating iron and Minky ironing board on the 15th September. I checked on my order and it stated that they would be delivered on the 26th September. So I stayed in all day waiting, no delivery arrived. I e-mailed customer services and received a automated e-mail back saying they had received my e-mail and someone would be in touch. No-one got back to me.
I then phoned (takes some doing to speak to a human) was told they were out of stock but expected more in the next 24 hours. I asked if payment for these items had been taken from my card and was told - yes. Bad practice charging someone for items not even in stock.
A couple of days later received a phone call to say they would not now be getting the iron in stock and they were going to send a replacement iron. I told the person on the phone that if I was not going to receive the item I ordered then to cancel the order and refund my money.
Today a parcel arrived, it was the replacement iron which was of a much inferior quality, and I haven't even received the ironing board.
I now have to wait for the rubbish iron to be picked up and my money to be refunded. I can't say I have much faith that the return will go smoothly and expect more calls to Ideal world. Oh by the way never ever got a reply from my e-mail.
I am so unhappy this company, I will certainly never order from them again, so much so I have even deleted the channel from my Tv list.

Gordon try e mailing [email protected] (taken from the sticky , above your original post.)Don't know if he will reply because a few of us tried to contact him previously but didn't get a reply. Good luck. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Once I ordered some clothes from them, they were a set to go together and I wanted them for my holidays. I was ages on the phone, ordering them to someone who could have been on the moon for all I know, who was so slow and kept saying the system was slow and apologised, and the minutes were ticking, in the end I had to say that I was unhappy about sponsoring their contract with the telephone company!
At last I got my order through, and he started offering me all the bargains they had, etc, on my telephone expense:headbang:

I received part of the order well after their delivery promise, so I rang them :)doh: ) and again someone from planet X answered and again, of course the "system was slow" I said the system was slow a week ago, have they not fixed it yet, (so stupid of me to converse really)....anyway I managed to tell them that I have only received part of my order. I was told they did not have that in stock, but will be getting it very soon. I said, please can he cancel that order, as I did not have time to wait.

Lo and behold, a few days later I received that item:mysmilie_455:
I already had posted the other item back as I did not want only part of the set (and I had told that moron that I would be doing that:headbang:)

All in all, I had to return that as well and I have not ordered anything else from them, even though I am tempted, as I like watching their fashion on Friday.

END

I've seen how some of these overseas call centres work. The place I saw was a converted aircraft hangar filled with rows of desks and certain desks were allocated to various companies. The first person in the door each day would sit at desk 1, the next at desk 2 and so on until the place was full. What that means is that you never get the same people working any company's system for more than one day at a time. I doubt the system is ever slow, it's more likely down to the fact that whoever is on the phone has never dealt with IW's processes before. Obviously I can't say for sure that's how theirs is working but it seems to be common practice when CS is outsourced overseas.

I must be the odd one out with IW. On the odd occasions I have ordered from them I've never had any problems with delivery times and refunds are always in my bank within a week. I only ever order on the website - never their premium rate phone number. If anyone wants their freepost returns address let me know

I must be the odd one out with IW. On the odd occasions I have ordered from them I've never had any problems with delivery times and refunds are always in my bank within a week. I only ever order on the website - never their premium rate phone number. If anyone wants their freepost returns address let me know

Likewise. I don't order that much but I have never had a problem with them. I always order online and the goods arrive quickly and the only refund I needed was in my bank account a lot faster than with some other companies. Out of principle I won't ring them and if I can't find what I want online then I don't bother ordering.

Latest posts

Back