Update on Ideal World nightmare!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes sell goods right up to the final day and then bugger off on holiday,not a single thought about the customers waiting for their goods or refunds.
And as for the staff behind the camera and warehouse,would love to know what they really think about these awful tat sellers.
Bouncing Bunny on create and craft hang your head in shame.
Who’s bouncing bunny Dean

Is there any reason why IW couldnt have entered a closing down sale on the Monday, when administrators were bought in, and done things proper

I see Wilko are looking to call in administrators, there doors arent just suddenly going to shut are they, there will be a closing down sale, So why didn’t IW

Wilko have assets behind them ie stores etc and still have hopes of surviving, so will run as normal until they either get more funding/buyer or call in the Administrator who'll then decide the next steps.

IW had nothing, they had no money or assets to pay any bills so the only logical step was to shutdown, they could have suspended sales a few days earlier than they did and kept a the warehouse/office staff to just made sure any existing orders were fulfilled before they called in the Administrator.

Wilko have assets behind them ie stores etc and still have hopes of surviving, so will run as normal until they either get more funding/buyer or call in the Administrator who'll then decide the next steps.

IW had nothing, they had no money or assets to pay any bills so the only logical step was to shutdown, they could have suspended sales a few days earlier than they did and kept a the warehouse/office staff to just made sure any existing orders were fulfilled before they called in the Administrator.
Didn’t realise things had gone that bad

He describes himself as some sort of Ed Moses like Olympic champion. I think he did that on QVC the other day. I’ve never heard of him in that context? Are his achievements from the Paralympics side of things?

I agree, Jazzy. But that's the best I can think of to get these people off their backs
Today I phoned Kroll head office mid day ish and surprise surprise the call connected. I guessed the call was being recorded but was not told it was being, Not very proffesional they are supposed to informe you in law. Told they had had a lot of calls, I replied I'm not supprised.

I asked for the office I would need to send a recorded sighed for formal letter of complaint to. I stated that myself and many were not being replied to only threatened. In my case for goods cancelled & never received due to the fact it was confirmed cancelled & returned having proof from the courier all date stamped & confirmed returned by them. to the depot they picked it up from.

Other things that are pertinent to the issues regarding the IW fiasco.

She said she would send an internal e-mail to a department to try to get them to e-mail us.

I hope her internal e-mail has better luck than the rest of us still awaiting a reply. I'll not hold my breath mind!

Today I phoned Kroll head office mid day ish and surprise surprise the call connected. I guessed the call was being recorded but was not told it was being, Not very proffesional they are supposed to informe you in law. Told they had had a lot of calls, I replied I'm not supprised.

I asked for the office I would need to send a recorded sighed for formal letter of complaint to. I stated that myself and many were not being replied to only threatened. In my case for goods cancelled & never received due to the fact it was confirmed cancelled & returned having proof from the courier all date stamped & confirmed returned by them. to the depot they picked it up from.

She said she would send an internal e-mail to a department to try to get them to e-mail us.

I hope her internal e-mail has better luck than the rest of us still awaiting a reply. I'll not hold my breath mind!
Thanks for the update

It was either Andy Hodgson or Peter Sherlock perched on a bar stool when things weren't going great for Bid.

'There have been some rumours that we're maybe closing down.' (Cue reassuring smile) 'Let me tell you, we're not going ANYWHERE!'

I think it was a matter of days later the channel closed.

I wouldn't believe a word any of them say and, if this IW mkII fiasco has a negative effect on C&C it'll serve them right.

Oh and I'll guarantee something else. When IW mkII does launch, it'll not be one iota different from the original IW. It'll be the same dire sales spiel, same dire products and the same bullsh1t.

No way did this happen overnight. The next big sell!!! Needless to say we have unsubscribed from ProtoCol e-mails
Did you say in previous posts that IW passed on your email address to Protocol? When this sort of thing happens to me I send officious emails quoting GDPR and requesting full disclosure on how they got my details. Then I demand that they delete my details. There's strict data protection rules these days and I like to have a bit of fun.

Now when I was working as Credit Control I used to get clients asking to speak to me as "customer service" didn't return calls or were any help.
I used to tell them that I would send an email to the relevant person,their supervisor/manager and also add them onto the email.
This ensured the client was aware that an email had been sent.
Caused me problems with the people concerned but was I bothered???? Not a jot,my supervisor had my back

Abbey National, who I worked for in the 1990s as a mortgage collections officer had their own ‘external’ debt collection agency. I can’t remember what they called it, but they employed two or three Abbey National staff to pretend they worked for this ’agency‘ again… further pretending that the mortgage/cheque account/credit card debt had been passed to them by Abbey prior to court action and they needed to clear arrears immediately to prevent proceedings commencing. A complete scam, but relatively effective. What I am saying is, take threats to sue you for what they are - a scare tactic. When a creditor sues - they sue. No threats…

Thanks for updating us. What a nightmare.

For what it’s worth… I would avoid telephone contact completely. I would keep all communication in written form. Any letters that I send with stuff like this, I send by signed for delivery, so if the matter escalated I then have both proof of postage and proof of receipt. I would write to the Administrators one more time, sending the letter by that method. I would explain all that you have set out about the logistics or lack of them regarding your order. I would also say that I believe the products were missold, as potential buyers were not given the correct information as to where the goods were generating from, and also no information that the company was in serious trouble, which I think is a key arguable point that could be proved, bearing in mind, they went bust while they were still selling on air. I would end by saying on the basis of the goods being sold, without the correct information applied, any buyer/seller contract is void and cannot be pursued for that reason. I would suggest to them because of that, it is in their interests to end the matter, and not to contact your further, or pursue any related matters against you. As I`````

say, avoid telephone communication, as it creates blurred lines, is stressful, and ultimately, keeping a record of the call - particularly on your side is not e
Did you say in previous posts that IW passed on your email address to Protocol? When this sort of thing happens to me I send officious emails quoting GDPR and requesting full disclosure on how they got my details. Then I demand that they delete my details. There's strict data protection rules these days and I like to have a bit of it.

I can not in all honesty say that they did, I having purchased Proto Col with IW in the past but also directly I think it was most likely the latter sent me info. That was before he appeared on QVC. I am never placing an order with Proto Col ever again. I am looking into more affordable methods of imputing collagen into my body. Best I have found is a great lady on You Tube who shows you how to make your own, by boiling down bones you can make soup with it I seem to remember my granny doing something similar. I prefer Marine Collegen but I'm not paying those endorsed versions either. Looking at reviews they do not have good C/S support another case of give me your money British business methods being backed by the likes of "Mysterious Girl" & others from Made in Essex fame. I see them! No I'd rather make my own and make some soup.

Abbey National, who I worked for in the 1990s as a mortgage collections officer had their own ‘external’ debt collection agency. I can’t remember what they called it, but they employed two or three Abbey National staff to pretend they worked for this ’agency‘ again… further pretending that the mortgage/cheque account/credit card debt had been passed to them by Abbey prior to court action and they needed to clear arrears immediately to prevent proceedings commencing. A complete scam, but relatively effective. What I am saying is, take threats to sue you for what they are - a scare tactic. When a creditor sues - they sue. No threats…
Your a star Duke, thank you, I just hate all of this for everyone caught up inthis nightmare. Looking on Trust Pilot recently, it iwas very upsetting so many customers are left out of pocket, shocked, unable to deal with this evil IW set up. I am a fighter I detest injustice. on many Our strange new world of corporate greed and abuse of shoppers being one of them. One elderly gent purchased the Blasted £599 set on the morning it went of air. No goods & no refund. Same old same old IW nightmare. At this rate its going to take yonks. I wish I had never seen the blasted I W channel, they have caused nothing but trouble pain & anguish for their old loyal customers.

Your a star Duke, thank you, I just hate all of this for everyone caught up inthis nightmare. Looking on Trust Pilot recently, it iwas very upsetting so many customers are left out of pocket, shocked, unable to deal with this evil IW set up. I am a fighter I detest injustice. on many Our strange new world of corporate greed and abuse of shoppers being one of them. One elderly gent purchased the Blasted £599 set on the morning it went of air. No goods & no refund. Same old same old IW nightmare. At this rate its going to take yonks. I wish I had never seen the blasted I W channel, they have caused nothing but trouble pain & anguish for their old loyal customers.
I honestly don’t know what to say

Regarding the furniture I maybe wrong, but I’ve a feeling that last weekend, even though they were showing it there was no stock

i think it was on the Friday it was limited stock, then suddenly, the limited stock bar went, I think Come the Saturday they had no stock

Regarding the furniture I maybe wrong, but I’ve a feeling that last weekend, even though they were showing it there was no stock

i think it was on the Friday it was limited stock, then suddenly, the limited stock bar went, I think Come the Saturday they had no stock

I wish that had happened on the 20th June when I placed my flipping order Jazzy. It would have saved us a lot of hassle and stress. As it was I had asked about a query as they had no weight bearing info and the Irish guy in C/S arranged to E-MAIL TO WHOEVER THE MANUFACTURER WAS. tha reply came back on the 27thTH thats when I first cancelled the order. Thank you. I just wish it was all over.

It was either Andy Hodgson or Peter Sherlock perched on a bar stool when things weren't going great for Bid.

'There have been some rumours that we're maybe closing down.' (Cue reassuring smile) 'Let me tell you, we're not going ANYWHERE!'

I think it was a matter of days later the channel closed.

I wouldn't believe a word any of them say and, if this IW mkII fiasco has a negative effect on C&C it'll serve them right.

Oh and I'll guarantee something else. When IW mkII does launch, it'll not be one iota different from the original IW. It'll be the same dire sales spiel, same dire products and the same bullsh1t.

It wouldn't have been Andy Hodgson - he was doing Home and Garden Plus by the end of 2013, and had been freelancing at Bid since 2010. His later shows were often finished with a vague statement as to when he'd next be on, suggesting that he wasn't going to be doing it for much longer.

It wouldn't have been Andy Hodgson - he was doing Home and Garden Plus by the end of 2013, and had been freelancing at Bid since 2010. His later shows were often finished with a vague statement as to when he'd next be on, suggesting that he wasn't going to be doing it for much longer.
I'm pretty sure the "not going anywhere" statement was made by Peter Sherlock with a smug look on his face.

Latest posts

Back