Percy and Reed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Has anyone tried this range? I have been having a frugal spell with beauty products, in particular shampoo. Now that my hair is shorter I seem to need extra volume. I have ordered (sorry, knew I would crack soon!) the 5 piece kit with the volume s&c, oil, mousse and hairspray. Any good tales fo tell?!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Oh dear :confused:

Oh well, I guess I'll give them a go. There's always hype with any product but I had high hopes for these. Time will tell I guess, but not feeling so excited now!!

Oh dear :confused:

Oh well, I guess I'll give them a go. There's always hype with any product but I had high hopes for these. Time will tell I guess, but not feeling so excited now!!

True and believe me I seem to have fallen for every hype aired when it comes to hair products! What we don't know is what went on "behind the scenes" before the models were sat in front of the cameras!

I'm currently using for volume and loving VO5 volumising spray I bought in Superdrug for under £4.
I'm also loving their Tousled Hair. The result is good on me but hair gets dirty quiet soon.
I hated the LiquiFix.

I have only tried the moisturising range and hated it. It left my hair so greasy I had to re wash it.
Don't waste your money Capirossi

Thanks everyone for their feedback :D I decided to cancel last night after reading this, and the realisation I was about to spend almost (well, actually with postage) £40 on hair products!! That's what I pay for my colour, which I did myself this time as had a tough month after the car....:banghead:

So I will be scouring the shelves of Home Bargains or Superdrug for a wonder product. I think the shampoo doesn't make that much difference, surely it's more to do with the product? Hmm...

try the macadamia range it is wonderful. the oil aids drying time and gives volume. It was on offer at cheapsmells.com(sorry can't. do link) It smells lovely too.Good luck

i like philip kingsley the only range i go back to but buy it from feel unique as its much cheper than qvc and they dont charge postage

I've only used the macadamia oil and that was fab. Felt more like a gel than an oil and was really fab at calming my hair down. I've got baby fine hair that gets fuller and fuller each day. It's great on the day it's washed and the day after but another day and it's getting a bit wild. Using the oil I can keep washing my hair down to twice a week. I'm using the L'Oreal one at the minute and it is nowhere near as good. ****** great bottle to use up too!

I tried the volumising kit a while back - only bit I liked was the oil (still using) - we had a visitor last night who told me I had lovely thick hair - well, yeh, thanks to Avon Root Booster and Tresemme volumising mousse...the first in the Avon clearance for a couple of quid and the second £1.99 in Savers!

I got the dry shampoo and conditioner free in a SpaceNK goodie bag, 30ml sizes of each. I actually felt they did nothing! Get me Rub Out by Ojon any time.

I know on the Q Facebook page it does not get good reviews either.

Ooh like the sound of the Macadamia range. I'll check that out tonight, thank you ladies!

Percy and Reed products are c*ap for anyone with short fine hair like me. I threw out nearly a full bottle of the no oil stuff a couple of weeks ago. I had them on yesterday evening whilst making tea and you have to hand it to them, they're great salesmen. I noticed the older one doing the demonstrating actually did very little to the models' hair at all and the claims they were making simply aren't true. Save your money.

just checked the macadamia is still on offer at cheapsmells.

Last edited:
I can't say anything about P&R volumising products as I my hair is way too thick and I need the opposite (always wanted shiny smooth flatter hair) but I got a tube of 'Finishing Polish' with a magazine last year and it was awful, very disappointed as everyone seems to rave about them. I thought it would be great on my unruly hair but it just gave me grease and dullness, and I only used a tiny amount. I have used loads of other smoothing things (love John Frieda's Full Repair range and Phyto keratin serum) so I know what's supposed to happen and it's not chip-pan-ness!

ps My friend likes John Frieda Volume range, especially the spray if that helps, not the cheapest stuff out there but good apparently.

I personally love the Naked haircare range. I also like the Matrix Biolage range. No silicones! Percy & Read conditioners are full of silicone which is why it weighs down fine hair or makes it look greasy. If you want silicone, save your money and buy a bottle of Pantene conditioner!!

I occasionally use Naked's volumising mousse which is ok. I'm not hugely convinced volumising products work for any length of time - it's the blow drying technique that creates the volume, and I'm a bit rubbish at blow drying. For that reason the Babyliss Big Hair thingy is really good, but its only for longer hair because the size of the barrel is huge.

I had a Percy and Reed Shampoo free with a magazine. It was genuinely one of the worst shampoos I have ever used. My hair was weighted down and greasy just from a tiny amount of product and I had to wash it again after I'd seen the blow dried result. As Flamenco rightly says, full of silicone and I found the smell very sickly and off putting too. I've actually had better results from Pantene.

I didn't think Julia was all that keen on it tbh when she was presenting last night, I know she's said in the past she can't use silicone on her hair either, and it did look a bit greasy and flat. It's a shame because I actually quite like the guests who present, they seem like nice chaps...

I've always been astonished by the use of silicone in high end brands. Frederik Fekkai, for instance, uses it in his products and they're really expensive. My hairdresser says silicone really wrecks hair, and makes colouring and highlighting much harder as the hair shaft is coated in a layer of silicone making it much harder for colourants to penetrate. If Naked can produce a great haircare range without silicone and at around £4 a bottle (they often have great offers making it even cheaper) then there's no excuse from the designer ranges to keep using silicone. I expect they load it in as its a cheap shine and is a very cheap ingredient, increasing profit margins.

Latest posts

Back