KitchenAid TSV 14/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
I've already got one, so this request for info is sheer nosiness really :giggle:

Are they going to do an Artisan in choice of colours do we think?

I find it odd we never get to see any other appliances from Kitchenaid?

I would definitely love a smaller version of the Artisan if it was available :sad:

nope as the Artisan is a web only thing QVC are doing and they have the blender and other stuff just they aint that popular and all people seem to want on there is the mixer not the other items

Good timing as I have been looking to buy a Kitchenaid in the last few days and don't know whether the classic or artisan is the best to purchase. I definitely would like the grating and slicing tool which I presume I may have to buy as an extra. I would be grateful for any advice on what the best machine is especially as it is a huge investment so I don't want to make a mistake. Definitely need easy pay though!

SCW Hi haven't spoken to you for ages. Will look with interest to see if you are able to give us an idea before the day. Thanks.

Good timing as I have been looking to buy a Kitchenaid in the last few days and don't know whether the classic or artisan is the best to purchase. I definitely would like the grating and slicing tool which I presume I may have to buy as an extra. I would be grateful for any advice on what the best machine is especially as it is a huge investment so I don't want to make a mistake. Definitely need easy pay though!

SCW Hi haven't spoken to you for ages. Will look with interest to see if you are able to give us an idea before the day. Thanks.

IceBubble lovely to hear from you again!! course il be able to

I would be interested too, as I have recently invested in a Bamix, and I'm convinced I'm the only person on the planet who cant get the thing to work properly !!!

its worth getting a stand mixer for the sheer convenience and fast resuts. you can make all your baked stuff with a real proffessional finish. i have a kenwood titanium very high spec but i would imagine all the top end mixers would perform just as well. an indulgence in the kitchen but i feel an essential one. if i were to go for a kitchen aid i would want the bigger one and in a lovely colour as they look amazing.

I would be interested too, as I have recently invested in a Bamix, and I'm convinced I'm the only person on the planet who cant get the thing to work properly !!!

And me, especially the thick milk trick. I have to have the milk almost frozen before it will thicken.

Thanks boffy it's good to know that you think the stand mixers are so useful. Now I have a dilemma do I buy the classic which is on easy pays or wait to see what the tsv will be? One of the most important things I would like is the shredder/slicing tool to make things like carrot cake. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Is Kitchenaid superior to the others function wise, or is it a prestige item (as in Mrs Jones has one, so I want one)?
This is a genuine query because it is more expensive than most of the others and Kitchenaid extras are very expensive too.

Is Kitchenaid superior to the others function wise, or is it a prestige item (as in Mrs Jones has one, so I want one)?
This is a genuine query because it is more expensive than most of the others and Kitchenaid extras are very expensive too.
Yes it very expensive....

I have a Bamix and a KitchenAid Artisan. They do different things. The Bamix has a blade to chop, purée, pulverize although it also comes with whipping attachments. It's useful for smaller mixing jobs. I use mine to make breadcrumbs (using the chopper bowl), smoothies, blending soup (I use it directly in the soup pan), making salsa etc. The KitchenAid is a mixer so I use it to make cakes, biscuits, bread, mash potato. I use the whipping attachment to whip cream and make meringues.

Both are invaluable and I wouldn't be without either.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Flamenco, I tried unsucessfully yesterday to whip up egg whites for meringues, with the Bamix - tell me, have I spent almost £200 on a piece of equipment that just wont do this ??????? I am now feeling this is going to be a very expensive piece of machinery that will gather dust !

£200???? Blimey that's a lot. Mine cost under £100 when I bought it about 4 years ago. Which attachment "blade" are you using and what type of bowl? I've never used the Bamix for egg whites but i I'd surmise that you need to use the blade with little raised holes in it to average the egg white. You should also try it in the Bamix cylindrical container (or failing that a measuring jug). I tend to use my KitchenAid for that job. Another tip is to search YouTube - I found a demo of Gordon Ramsay making mayonnaise with the Bamix which was really useful. You might find the same for whipping eggwhites

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

The "top model 18,000 rpm" Bamix is about £200 on their own website, and a TSV on IW every now and again, about £150. Called the Swissline, can't seem to get this model ANYWHERE else, unfortunately.

The "top model 18,000 rpm" Bamix is about £200 on their own website, and a TSV on IW every now and again, about £150. Called the Swissline, can't seem to get this model ANYWHERE else, unfortunately.

I bought mine from a local kitchen shop long before I found out IW sold it. I think prices must have shot up dramatically in 4 years. Mine came with 3 bladed and the little chopping bowl with chopping blade inside. I bought the Bamix cylindrical jug with lid from Ebay for about £8 at the time.

I would not pay £200 for it. Its very good, but its not THAT good to justify £200.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

Glad I'm not the only one Stratto.......

I did use the attachment with holes in it, but I was getting nowhere, so I switched to the "whisking" blade,....... after 20 mins I switched again to my £14.99 stick whisk mixer from Lidle, it did a better job, but my meringues were still rubbish !!!!!

Thanks for the Gordon Ramsay tip...... will have a look.

Supposed to use the plain circular disk for whipping.

I couldn't understand how it could do anything at all, until I noticed it was at a very slight angle to the shaft.

if you want to make meringues you need a hand whisk but far easier and faster to use a stand mixer like the chef or kitchenaid. makes amazing pavlovas in 5 mins. just made my daughters wedding cake 4 tiers was a breeze.

Latest posts

Back