A bit mean of me to say - but really?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I am a member of that rather peculiar "Happy clappy" QVC evangelists facebook page, I haven't contributed but it's an interesting oft times good read. It's nothing on Qurio* (more on that later). What beats me is the sheer amount of enquiries from members regarding what the presenters are wearing "Is the top Chloe's wearing available on QVC?" etc etc "I love Alison's dress - is it from QVC?" Even the BA's get a mention, there's one up there at the moment showing a ba wearing a rather mundane looking sweater and someone wants to know where it's from. I find it all a bit sad. The funny thing is most times it turns out that the garment in question isn't from QVC. Am I harsh thinking this is sad? but some of the stuff is so mundane I just don't get it. I'm trying to pinpoint why this grates on me so much, and I'm thinking that some folk are so obsessed by Q that if they're not interested in the item on sale that they start looking around the set for something else to buy. It's like going into a shop and seeing nothing you want so you put in an offer for the fixtures and fittings instead.
I've often seen a presenter or a ba wearing a nice outfit and I've thought nothing more than that looks nice on them, I've never thought I've got to have it and felt the need to start making enquiries.
* stumbled across a picture of a Kelly Hoppen throw a lady had bought - That lady was none other than Hyacinth!!!!

Does anyone know where Cathrine Huntleys trousers are from?
1699272280026.png
I'm sorry but why? they're a pair of black trousers!!! Someone now wants her shoes ffs, what next? the shirt off her back (no probably not lol!). Hey, what's that brown thing she's holding - I want it. Only kidding!

View attachment 26976 I'm sorry but why? they're a pair of black trousers!!! Someone now wants her shoes ffs, what next? the shirt off her back (no probably not lol!). Hey, what's that brown thing she's holding - I want it. Only kidding!
Maybe they were asking to avoid the trousers? 😁 That whole look is deeply unflattering on Catherine, in my view.

It's part of the parasocial relationship Q promote so heavily. They encourage people to want what the presenter is wearing, using etc etc. And they often put up the Q items on screen if it's in the brand hour.

Maybe they were asking to avoid the trousers? 😁 That whole look is deeply unflattering on Catherine, in my view.
Lol! Seriously I think she looks ok, but definitely not worthy of comment. Those trousers could be anything - skinny jeans, leggings or just a pair of too tight trousers, why anyone would want to know the exact details is beyond me. They're black trousers fgs, and they're not difficult to find! I'm all for giving compliments, and I can understand if someone posted "Catherine looking good tonight" if that's what they thought, but where did she get those trousers from? Who bliddy cares?

Sadly, there are an awful lot of people who do this, and not all from Q. Why do you think that clothing and accessories ranges flood celebrities and tv presenters etc. with goodies? Whatever they wear or use sells out in a flash. People clamber for anything the Princess of Wales and her children are seen in. If a celeb is seen with a designer handbag, everyone wants one. That’s why Ruth Langsford doesn’t wear her own range when on This Morning or Loose Women, they have to wear whatever ranges the tv companies have a contract with. It’s mega big business!

View attachment 26976 I'm sorry but why? they're a pair of black trousers!!! Someone now wants her shoes ffs, what next? the shirt off her back (no probably not lol!). Hey, what's that brown thing she's holding - I want it. Only kidding!
I've often wondered the same thing, e. g "What nail polish colour is so-and-so wearing?" It could be that these people see the presenters as role models. How many women are there who shop on QVC who dress as replicas of Ruth Langsford?

It's part of the parasocial relationship Q promote so heavily. They encourage people to want what the presenter is wearing, using etc etc. And they often put up the Q items on screen if it's in the brand hour.
Agree, the avoid tactic! Do the ‘faithful’ see themselves as part of ‘the club’ faithful to their ‘friends ‘ the presenters? Qurio certainly encouraged that, some I am sure saw themselves as part of the presenting team, even hoping for an opening? Most people look at a product, way up the value, is it available elsewhere for less ( considering the P&P) if yes order, or no, can get elsewhere or is it a necessity/need?

i take a different view on all these questions being asked what people are wearing, especially if it something which is sold by QVC, I think that its done by insiders to make sales and also for the poor sycophants to think "oh thats popular", I must buy one before it sells out!! Call me Cynical, but for them anyway to make a sale will do!!

i take a different view on all these questions being asked what people are wearing, especially if it something which is sold by QVC, I think that its done by insiders to make sales and also for the poor sycophants to think "oh thats popular", I must buy one before it sells out!! Call me Cynical, but for them anyway to make a sale will do!!
Never thought of that but yes that probably has happened before, but a lot of the clothes enquired about turn out not to be items available on Q and the questions come in from independent sites. I agree with what Clothescloth and Grizelda said, people look at what celebs are wearing and want to copy them, and to some Q customers the presenters and BAs are celebs!

The QVC FB page is stepping deeper into the realms of our dear departed Qurio thread. The knives are well and truly out for anyone who says anything negative. I always suspected that Qurio was the tip of the iceberg. Somebody made the point that department stores sell high priced goods that many people can't afford but we don't see people swanning around complaining that the place is too expensive - True, but we also don't have people following us around telling us to buy now, or tannoy announcements telling us to get to the till right now or we'll remove the contents of your basket, sweat marks and dog hairs on clothes, or broken and used goods!

Looks like this one from New Look...bargain! X
It wasn’t really a question but well spotted (‘scuse the pun). The funny thing is if it was one of Kim’s you’d be talking the wrong side of 40 quid! I just don’t think I’ll ever get my head around this weird obsession that so many Q customers have with what their 2 bit presenters are wearing!

…… I'm thinking that some folk are so obsessed by Q that if they're not interested in the item on sale that they start looking around the set for something else to buy. It's like going into a shop and seeing nothing you want so you put in an offer for the fixtures and fittings instead.
……
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This has made me laugh so much! It’ll keep me going all weekend!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This has made me laugh so much! It’ll keep me going all weekend!

“lovin the show tonight ladies, was just wonderin if sum1 cud let me no were Tiffany the model bought her hair from she reminds me of my late mums Afghan dog, he were called Woofer - she keeps his ashes on her Kelly hoppen bedside table in her julien McDonald mirrored tumbler… thnx 4 readin”

The QVC FB page is stepping deeper into the realms of our dear departed Qurio thread. The knives are well and truly out for anyone who says anything negative. I always suspected that Qurio was the tip of the iceberg. Somebody made the point that department stores sell high priced goods that many people can't afford but we don't see people swanning around complaining that the place is too expensive - True, but we also don't have people following us around telling us to buy now, or tannoy announcements telling us to get to the till right now or we'll remove the contents of your basket, sweat marks and dog hairs on clothes, or broken and used goods!
It's so easy to get some annoyed on the Fb page and then take cover because they'll stab you,your nearest and dearest and burn down your house. Super scary the lot of 'em 😬

Latest posts

Back