Why shop with Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I worked for a beauty company and after you did say 3 months probation you were allocated free parcels every month. This was a long long time ago.
A woman I used to travel on the bus with on Saturdays into town. Her granddaughter got a temp job with Estee Lauder to cover a woman off on long term leave. Three massive boxes arrived at the home of the granddaughter full of the full ranges from EL, all the skin care and makeup also the perfumes. The woman said they must have been worth £1000 at least. Seems EL wanted her to know all the products. Not allowed to sell, but allowed to give to family members as there was mature skin care.

Their TSVs are a complete con these days.

I bought the SO-CALLED Bell and Howell fan TSV (It was completely unbranded so not B & H at all).

It was supposed to be £10 off as a TSV, but now that it is no longer a TSV, I see that I actually saved only £2, less than half of the PP cost.

And still the completely untrue waffle about B&H having a glorious 150 year history (or words to that effect). It ceased trading about 22 years ago, and the brand name was sold for use on any old tat. It is completely misleading to say they are a quality firm with a long history.
You couldn't even make it up - but my "wonderful" Bell & Howell fan has broken - yep broken! Ok, I had been running it whilst on charge, (like I did with the first one) but literally only for a short time. Last night I put it on in the bedroom cause it was quite warm but not warm enough to open a window, woke up in the middle of the night to find it had switched itself off as it had run out of charge. I popped into the charger but didn't switch it on because the room was now cool enough, this morning all looks fine. I took the charger out, but all three lights remained on which I thought was odd, so I tried to switch it on and nothing! The box has been discarded as I just store in a drawer out of the box, pretty peed off really. Almost can't be bothered to try and get my money back. It must be something to do with me using it on charge at times but I'm sure the first one I bought didn't say this in the leaflet. Inferior product? Who knows? Who cares? Oh dear lol!

You couldn't even make it up - but my "wonderful" Bell & Howell fan has broken - yep broken! Ok, I had been running it whilst on charge, (like I did with the first one) but literally only for a short time. Last night I put it on in the bedroom cause it was quite warm but not warm enough to open a window, woke up in the middle of the night to find it had switched itself off as it had run out of charge. I popped into the charger but didn't switch it on because the room was now cool enough, this morning all looks fine. I took the charger out, but all three lights remained on which I thought was odd, so I tried to switch it on and nothing! The box has been discarded as I just store in a drawer out of the box, pretty peed off really. Almost can't be bothered to try and get my money back. It must be something to do with me using it on charge at times but I'm sure the first one I bought didn't say this in the leaflet. Inferior product? Who knows? Who cares? Oh dear lol!
They said in the demo you could run it while on charge, in contrast to the instructions.

I would ask for a return label and box it up in anything you can find, get a full refund, in other words, don't let them get away with it and their false information.

It hasn't been warm enough to use mine, quite the opposite in fact. By the time I really need it, the 60 day or guarantee may have run out.

Last edited:
What I notice about Molton Brown, a set at a great price, pops up on QVC. But at least one of the bath/shower gels will be old stock which has been discontinued quite a while before. SCW, did say oh they made more stock. Er, no. It is discontinued, and they have stock over, so push it onto QVC to get rid of. The Rose Absolute is the latest one discontinued back in 2019/20 now suddenly being pushed on QVC.
They sell "flavours" that are specially created for their outlets on QVC. I also noticed that Rosa Absolute is appearing frequently despite being discontinued a while ago. I think MB see it as a way to offload tons of product which will never appear in store.

I ask this because I've just checked out the community section on their FB page and a lady is complaining that she'd ordered 7 items from the same show and they were sent out in 7 separate packages and incurred 7 separate P&P charges. She complained that this is bad for the environment as it is for her purse. I agree, however she knew this upfront, but was still prepared to pay the cost and receive 7 separate plastic bags. I'm presuming that this was a fashion hour, as the bags in the picture looked extremely flat, and would presume that the items she'd ordered came from the same supplier - To me this is daylight robbery on Q's part, and even if I really loved and wanted the items, this would stop me in my tracks immediately. I stopped shopping with Q over a year ago, not because I'd had any particular problem myself, but through seeing the problems other customers had been having. I recently caved and I bought the Bell and Howell fan, but only because QVC was literally the only place I could get it from, the price was good and I have a £5 voucher to use. I watch regularly because I find it relaxing and entertaining and it gives me ideas. There's been a couple of things I've love to have, but I refuse to pay the price they're asking and will shop around until I've found a better deal elsewhere (not difficult) or find something similar elsewhere.
So I'm interested to know what makes people want to shop with Q time and time again, some of the Qurio ladies are obviously addicted to shopping full stop - There's the brand loyal eg Lola Rose/Kipling addicts but for most of them it seems that it doesn't matter what it is, they'll buy it and it's actually QVC they're addicted to.
I will only shop with Q if I really really want the item, the price is right and I really cannot buy it anywhere else.
QVC is being kept alive by the addicts and not the customer who buys the odd thing here and there.
Is there anything that will persuade them to change their pre-historic/frankly ridiculous ways? Q replied to the lady's FB complaint "We are sorry you are disappointed, but basically this is how it is. Kindly pointing out that had she ordered 7 identical items, she'd have got half price p&p on 3 of them! That is beyond ridiculous and so ungenerous, at the very least make P&P on the second item free. Even if they capped it at a fiver (which is more than most places charge) it would be something!
Yep, QVC's P&P does discourage you from buying multiple items, and they are slow to ship the items too. I'll buy from them if I can't get the item elsewhere (their skincare TSVs are good), or sometimes with Easy Pays, but otherwise I don't buy as much from them any more.

I still buy the jewellery in particularly Diamonique.

Gemporia sell real gemstone jewellery (among other things), and there is one P&P charge per 24 hour period, so you can order three things and pay one shipping charge. QVC has some nice jewellery particularly at the more expensive end (as in the unaffordable for me end), but I've got lots of lovely items from Gemporia.

I've just discovered that the B&H fan on today is now an IMPROVED MODEL with a remote control AND oscillation, and almost the same price as when it was a TSV! I feel hard done by now :(

All the more reason to send yours back and get the improved model with a bit of luck.

I've just discovered that the B&H fan on today is now an IMPROVED MODEL with a remote control AND oscillation, and almost the same price as when it was a TSV! I feel hard done by now :(

All the more reason to send yours back and get the improved model with a bit of luck.
Do you know what? I actually can't be bothered. I noticed the new model myself and the reviews aren't great. I've filled in an online form regarding the faulty fan. I didn't mention anything about the conflicting information regarding using it on charge, just in case they say that I didn't read the manufacturer's instructions properly. Yes, I know they said on screen you could use it on charge but I've not got the time or energy to argue the toss. I appreciate that I probably should do, but even if I did I doubt whether they'd do anything about it. If they offer me a replacement of the new model I'll gladly take it but I'll just be happy to get my money back I'm happy to forgo the £5 voucher I used but I don't want to have to pay to return it and expected my postage back too. I'll just have to see what happened. After all this time of avoiding spending my money with Q, and this happens - Should've stuck to my guns!

When I had a faulty item I rang their CS and they sent me a returns label so I didn’t have to pay for the return P&P and so I didn’t need to fill in any forms. They take too long to respond to emails etc and so I hope they’re quicker than usual to deal with your faulty item, merryone. 🤞

When I had a faulty item I rang their CS and they sent me a returns label so I didn’t have to pay for the return P&P and so I didn’t need to fill in any forms. They take too long to respond to emails etc and so I hope they’re quicker than usual to deal with your faulty item, merryone. 🤞
Yes I agree. I've not had so much as an acknowledgement of my complaint, let alone a response. I'm not in the mood to phone them, but I'll probably end up having to do so if I have any chance of getting any money back. I keep trying it just in case it decides to spring back into action. The latest thing is that it's starting to make a very nasty grinding sound but the blades still aren't turning. I've absolutely no idea what's caused this. I mean it could be something to do with my using it whilst it was on charge but I only did this for a short while, and when I had the old one, I did it all the time and it didn't cause any problems. Cheap and nasty rough and ready product. I was lucky with the first one, apart from it getting mullered by a dog lol!

Yes I agree. I've not had so much as an acknowledgement of my complaint, let alone a response. I'm not in the mood to phone them, but I'll probably end up having to do so if I have any chance of getting any money back. I keep trying it just in case it decides to spring back into action. The latest thing is that it's starting to make a very nasty grinding sound but the blades still aren't turning. I've absolutely no idea what's caused this. I mean it could be something to do with my using it whilst it was on charge but I only did this for a short while, and when I had the old one, I did it all the time and it didn't cause any problems. Cheap and nasty rough and ready product. I was lucky with the first one, apart from it getting mullered by a dog lol!

Whenever Lorna has been on air, with either the old style fan or the new oscillating one, she always emphasises that it can be used while it’s being charged. The instruction manual says the same thing so it’s more than likely that yours is faulty, rather anything that you have done.

You should therefore be entitled to all the money back, including the P&P. I know it’s a pain, but giving them a quick ring will be a lot faster than waiting for an online reply. Their communication skills are pathetic and, from what I’ve read, their replies are often generic ones. 🙄

The faulty thing that I rang them about was a long handled garden pruner. The CS woman actioned my refund and told me to bin the pruner ….. so I did.

I got an email from JML this morning.

Interesting to see that they’re also doing this type of fan, albeit without the remote. It’s more expensive but, if you buy two, the second only costs £19.99.

QVC are now doing quite a few JML items, but the fan that Lorna presented was supposedly “unique” to Bell and Howell. 🤔

Now up front I’ll admit I’ve never bought the brand so am no expert at all but last week I was in one of those outlet villages & there was a Molton Brown outlet shop so I popped in for a nosey, having seen some of their TSVs though, as I said never bought, & was curious about the smells. I was gobsmacked at the prices! Shocked to say it made Q’s
prices a bargain…& this was an outlet! Even worse no testers to speak of so would mean buying blind unless you knew what you liked.

Interesting post on QVC Facebook.

A woman bought the Emma mattress and there is a problem with it. She did not explain what the problem is, but ranting that QVC are blaming her the customer for whatever is wrong. She is not taking laying down (no pun), and saying she will get the law involved, I think she means the small claims court? If she has to.

She has shopped with QVC for 29 years and is not happy on how they are treating her. A few others are agreeing on how QVC CS has changed.

Don’t ring CS unless you have nothing else to do for the day.

I held on for 20 minutes yesterday constantly hearing the recording about reduced staff because they were adhearing to safe practices for Covid (The same recording they had in 2020] Surely that is no longer an excuse?

Interesting post on QVC Facebook.

A woman bought the Emma mattress and there is a problem with it. She did not explain what the problem is, but ranting that QVC are blaming her the customer for whatever is wrong. She is not taking laying down (no pun), and saying she will get the law involved, I think she means the small claims court? If she has to.

She has shopped with QVC for 29 years and is not happy on how they are treating her. A few others are agreeing on how QVC CS has changed.

That’s one reason why I bought my Emma mattress direct from Emma because QVC take ages to respond or do anything if there is a problem with a purchase.

My mattress was also cheaper than the ones on QVC because I found it during Emma’s sale, so that was another good reason for not getting the one from QVC.

Also as the mattress on QVC came direct from Emma, hasn’t that woman on FB thought about contacting Emma first before threatening legal action? It would appear not. 🙄

That’s one reason why I bought my Emma mattress direct from Emma because QVC take ages to respond or do anything if there is a problem with a purchase.

My mattress was also cheaper than the ones on QVC because I found it during Emma’s sale, so that was another good reason for not getting the one from QVC.

Also as the mattress on QVC came direct from Emma, hasn’t that woman on FB thought about contacting Emma first before threatening legal action? It would appear not. 🙄
Her contract is with QVC not Emma though. QVC are saying that if your not happy they will give you a full refund under their zillion day MBG.

Her contract is with QVC not Emma though. QVC are saying that if your not happy they will give you a full refund under their zillion day MBG.

I realise that her contract is with QVC, but the mattresses are sent direct from Emma after QVC sends them the orders. My thinking behind this is to alert Emma to the lack of cooperation from QVC regarding what the customer says is a faulty mattress. I just know that‘s what I’d do before taking further action. Maybe then Emma will get the ball rolling by contacting QVC or even phoning the customer direct to sort it out.

It might be quicker than waiting for a response from QVC.

Well after emailing Q regarding the broken fan - I have been sent a returns label. The cover note tells me to fill out the returns invoice indication whether I'd like a replacement or a refund and put it into the parcel and to stick the returns label onto the front. Firstly I have told them in the email that I don't have the invoice or the box any longer, so I'll have to ring C/S about that. The other annoying thing is that the letter gives no indication of where I should take the parcel. It has the EVRI logo on the top and a QR code and underneath that Q's address and a barcode, so I presume I can take it to the post office and they'll scan the barcode - You'd think they'd say though. I'll phone them in a bit!

If you no longer have your invoice, you can write the details of your purchase on paper and put that inside the parcel. You can get the details from your account …. date of purchase, item number, price etc,

When I was sent a returns label, I took the parcel to a post office. However, as QVC seem to change things from time to time it would be a good idea to check with CS,

Well after emailing Q regarding the broken fan - I have been sent a returns label. The cover note tells me to fill out the returns invoice indication whether I'd like a replacement or a refund and put it into the parcel and to stick the returns label onto the front. Firstly I have told them in the email that I don't have the invoice or the box any longer, so I'll have to ring C/S about that. The other annoying thing is that the letter gives no indication of where I should take the parcel. It has the EVRI logo on the top and a QR code and underneath that Q's address and a barcode, so I presume I can take it to the post office and they'll scan the barcode - You'd think they'd say though. I'll phone them in a bit!
Sometimes it is an ordinary return label to take to PO, and sometimes it is a Hermes one (now Evri) and they collect it from you address.

Latest posts

Back