SALE20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've just ordered an item (3 galvanised cases) in the clearance sale, then applied the Sale20 as confirmed on screen. It was accepted at checkout BUT when i checked the order status it showed the price charged was WITHOUT the further 20% off, so I cancelled and then tried again with a re-order, same thing happened. So I've cancelled again. I'm not risking it again because I'm not taking a chance that I may or not be charged the discount-, which is £14 and the cost of returning would be abortive. Tried speaking to someone at QVC but it's as bad as getting through to my local surgery.

I've just ordered an item (3 galvanised cases) in the clearance sale, then applied the Sale20 as confirmed on screen. It was accepted at checkout BUT when i checked the order status it showed the price charged was WITHOUT the further 20% off, so I cancelled and then tried again with a re-order, same thing happened. So I've cancelled again. I'm not risking it again because I'm not taking a chance that I may or not be charged the discount-, which is £14 and the cost of returning would be abortive. Tried speaking to someone at QVC but it's as bad as getting through to my local surgery.
Their system is hopeless. Lots of people must be so put off by things like this but I do think you would be all right. In my experience, it’s not unusual to see one price reflecting the discount from a code on the Order confirmation page, another price in the email half an hour later and another price when you look at Order history on your account page. It’s so ****** confusing. But I do know I’ve never had a problem with actually being charged the price I was expecting.

I am going to have a browse of items in the sale or clearance as with the extra 20% there are usually some genuine bargains to be had. If any of us spots anything of note, let’s share it here.

I ordered a pair of Skechers boots and applied the SALE20 and thankfully it worked. If it hadn’t I would have cancelled the order.

The confirmation email also shows the discounted price and that amount is showing as pending in my bank account.

This happened twice with me, once was free p&p, and once a discount code. Both went ok with the initial order, but when I received the order confirmation, the full prices , and p&p were shown. Both times I immediately phoned customer care, and they sorted it out straight away. It is very annoying though , and shouldn’t happen with such a big company as QVC.

Thanks all for that. I probably would gone ahead if it was a small item but to return 3 bl...dy metal suitcases would have been too much of a hassle, and there was no indication they would have picked them up, so I wasn't prepared to take the risk at paying the price without discount.

Wonder if the issue with the code is linked to it not working in conjunction with the easy pays?!

Does easy pay apply automatically or something thus not allowing the sale code.
Just a thought!

Regards “bargains” in sale, mum managed to a get a set of 2 long sleeved Seasalt tops (she’s obsessed!) for £21.19p including P&P…
She was v happy with that!
Still one option left in a size 12 (come up quite generous, am told!)

I have also spotted a good deal which I’m mulling over…
Ninja ON400UK Speedi airfyer and cooker!

It’s still a lot of money but compared to original price and those elsewhere it’s good and could be ideal for my needs..
And would be my Christmas present from mum!

It’s a Ninja “Speedi”?
It’s an air fryer as well as many other functions.
Like a foodi without the pressure cooker apparently…!

I’ve always resisted getting an air fryer bc I don’t think I could (or have cooked for me..!) the types of food it cooks very often at all. Thought would be perfect for me when I do!

But this also does steaming (my fave) and other cooking methods, and quickly.

I can’t picture the size/dimensions of it, however?

It’s only me! It’s 5.7L?
Ans I would like to put it on the (ceramic) oven top/hob to use in place of heating big oven too…

Anyone got one or have any thoughts?!
Reviews are excellent!
It would be £111.97 inc post.

I think that the discount will be applied at the time you actually pay for the item. You have to take that leap of faith! The galvanised trunks are a very good price with the discount. Try again and good luck.

Old Charlie was pushing the discount code on Friday. But did say sorry it will not work with easy pay, our system cannot do it. Perhaps sometime in the future it will. Yes, I laughed.
Of course their system can do it! What he said is a cop out. They want their money up front.

I have also spotted a good deal which I’m mulling over…
Ninja ON400UK Speedi airfyer and cooker!

It’s still a lot of money but compared to original price and those elsewhere it’s good and could be ideal for my needs..
And would be my Christmas present from mum!

It’s a Ninja “Speedi”?
It’s an air fryer as well as many other functions.
Like a foodi without the pressure cooker apparently…!

I’ve always resisted getting an air fryer bc I don’t think I could (or have cooked for me..!) the types of food it cooks very often at all. Thought would be perfect for me when I do!

But this also does steaming (my fave) and other cooking methods, and quickly.

I can’t picture the size/dimensions of it, however?

It’s only me! It’s 5.7L?
Ans I would like to put it on the (ceramic) oven top/hob to use in place of heating big oven too…

Anyone got one or have any thoughts?!
Reviews are excellent!
It would be £111.97 inc post.

Gosh that is a good reduction. Just seen it on hotukdeals deals too. Some positive comments. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ninja-speedi-10-in-1-57l-rapid-cooker-air-fryer-on400uk-4267650

Wonder if the issue with the code is linked to it not working in conjunction with the easy pays?!

Does easy pay apply automatically or something thus not allowing the sale code.
Just a thought!
If you opt for the code you can’t use the easy pay option. When checking out you can change EzPays to one payment and then use the code. I always change to one payment anyway, irrespective of applying a code, because I never use EzPay.

I recently bought the multipurpose Sabatier scissors because I want a pair that could separate the blades. I had to buy 2 as that's how they were sold.

Yesterday I found a VERY similar pair in clearance by Cooks Essentials, only £6 and sold as 1 item, and about 1/2 the price (each) of the price I paid.

Spot the difference (they both have seperable blades) - -

Screenshot (2408)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (2410).png

I see the Cook’s Essentials multifunctional set (big pan and griddle pan) some of us bought a few months ago is now further reduced and with the 20% code would only be £35.92 inc P&P. We paid £53.93 so I’m a bit grumpy about that but I do like it and don’t regret buying it. £18 less would be sweeter, though! I console myself with the thought that it would probably be a return now as they “recalled” them from anyone who wasn’t happy with the slight error in the original description. Bargain though!

https://www.qvcuk.com/cooks-essenti...ickid=QAYTLcW5ExyNR4dSnAQ1AzZ8UkH08o1NnR:r140

I see the Cook’s Essentials multifunctional set (big pan and griddle pan) some of us bought a few months ago is now further reduced and with the 20% code would only be £35.92 inc P&P. We paid £53.93 so I’m a bit grumpy about that but I do like it and don’t regret buying it. £18 less would be sweeter, though! I console myself with the thought that it would probably be a return now as they “recalled” them from anyone who wasn’t happy with the slight error in the original description. Bargain though!

https://www.qvcuk.com/cooks-essentials-38l-multifunctional-24cm-pan-set.product.818207.html?sc=SRCH&irgwc=1&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Skimbit Ltd.-_-ONLINE_TRACKING_LINK-_-mediapartner&cid=IR-con-ONLINE_TRACKING_LINK&e22=Skimbit Ltd.&e21=shoppingtelly.com&e7=620688&e20=10078&irclickid=QAYTLcW5ExyNR4dSnAQ1AzZ8UkH08o1NnR:r140
I was one of those who sent it back, took advantage of the free return. I'm glad I did now that it has been reduced so much. I'm almost tempted to buy it again with the sales code !

I was one of those who sent it back, took advantage of the free return. I'm glad I did now that it has been reduced so much. I'm almost tempted to buy it again with the sales code !
I remembered you saying you were returning it as they were offering to collect. Not being able to use the lid in the oven wasn’t a problem for me. I think I would buy it now if I hadn’t bought/kept it then, too. Don’t forget when it was originally a TSV in August 2022, it was £64.92.

If you opt for the code you can’t use the easy pay option. When checking out you can change EzPays to one payment and then use the code. I always change to one payment anyway, irrespective of applying a code, because I never use EzPay.
Yes knew you couldn’t use them together/in conjunction so it was just an idea for OP - hadn’t actually tried it myself.

I would never buy anything on EZPay - and sort of assumed they didn’t apply as the default…

Don’t think I remember ever having to “un-apply” as easy payment to pay normally as it were.

Not that I buy often and my memory isn’t very good! X

I've just ordered a tool, used the SALE20 which reduced the price accordingly, but the confirmation and invoice etc all show it has NOT been taken off, and too late to phone CS today, probably not until Boxing Day now, if then.

It took me a while to see the advantage of this, compared with my normal socket set, but as the tool itself says. it is a Go Through Socket Set so any long bolts can go through the hole, unlike a solid socket.

I've just ordered a tool, used the SALE20 which reduced the price accordingly, but the confirmation and invoice etc all show it has NOT been taken off, and too late to phone CS today, probably not until Boxing Day now, if then.

It took me a while to see the advantage of this, compared with my normal socket set, but as the tool itself says. it is a Go Through Socket Set so any long bolts can go through the hole, unlike a solid socket.

PS I've got a screenshot showing the reduced price :)

PS I've got a screenshot showing the reduced price :)
Good idea. I was just going to say that I always screenshot the basket and checkout page showing exactly what I’m ordering and on what terms as well as codes applied and breakdown of costs. I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem with things changing later but I like the evidence just in case.

Happy Christmas now it’s here!

Latest posts

Back