The colours of QVC fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Is it just Q addicts that have to buy a garment in every possible colour? I read a comment on Qurio earlier from a woman who'd just bought her 7th denim and co jacket - the one that's styled like a denim jacket but is made from thick jersey and has long curved hem at the back. She was understandably miffed to be sent out one that was obviously a return...but who the hell needs 7 jackets? I get how people might like a wide selection of colours when it comes to basics like t shirts and vests, but I just cannot get my head around people who see something like a dress, a jacket, a top or blouse that they like and then have to buy it in every single colour. Q "designers" must be rubbing their hands together with glee knowing they can knock out a garment in about 20 shades of the same palette and then some and sell the bliddy lot, no wonder the presenters get muddled up when they're trying to say what colour's supposed to be what. Even the "designer/BA" themselves can't even make sense of them! No, that's the capuccino...no this one's the cappuccino, so this one must be the tired donkey...no hang on you're right that's the cappuccino and this one's the fag ash "Who thinks of these names" "I mean who even designs these things?"
I also hate the craftiness that goes into this, RL/ MW/Kim are buggers for this. They do vest tops in 50 different colourways, so they decided to offer us a twin pack and choose the colours for us. Why can't they just say pick any two colours? probably because they know that people are more than likely to buy more than one set if the two colours they want are in different sets - rant over (for now)!

If I find atop or dress in a style that fits and suits me, I buy it in different colours. It makes sense to me to get a variety of something that looks good on me when so much doesn’t. Also Kim and co have the colour printed on the label so Presenters only have to read them to get colours right. I like colour and print. I have one of Kim’s summer tops in eight colours ( been collecting them them over five years) they wash well, pack well and last forever.

If I find atop or dress in a style that fits and suits me, I buy it in different colours. It makes sense to me to get a variety of something that looks good on me when so much doesn’t. Also Kim and co have the colour printed on the label so Presenters only have to read them to get colours right. I like colour and print. I have one of Kim’s summer tops in eight colours ( been collecting them them over five years) they wash well, pack well and last forever.
I get what you're saying, but don't you find you have a favourite colour or at least a colour that suits you more than another? When I was buying a lot of clothes there was a few occasions where I've seen something I've liked the look of decided which colour I wanted, but then steered by price have bought it in the other available colourways too. I remember buying a raincoat from IW back in the day I chose the apple green one, but as it was only about £8 I bought it in cobalt and in bright orange so for £24 + a few extra quid in postage I'd got myself three coats. The apple green was lovely and I wore it and wore it, the cobalt blue did nothing for me, I think I ended up wearing it once and as for the bright orange one, it suited me funnily enough but the comments I got eg wow, that's bright, you'll show up in a crowd, hang on let me grab my sunglasses was enough for me to hang it back up and save it for "high days and holidays"! Recently I bought a dress that I'd seen in clearance on QVC it was reduced to the princely sum of £6 and would've been under a tenner all in, it was a yellow (a colour I love) with a tropical flower/leaf design, sadly it wasn't available in my size so I searched Ebay and found one for £9 and free postage. I received it and tried it on and even if I say so myself it looked amazing, and on the occasions I've worn it so far I've received compliments. The dress came in a few different colourways/patterns and these are all still available on Ebay for a good price so was very tempted to order myself a couple more. I thought better of it as to me the yellow one is perfection and I'd only be buying the others for the sake of it. Again I was driven by price as much as anything.
For those like yourself who have found a range that's ideal for them, it's a pity they can't be more reasonably priced, I'm not suggesting that you can't afford them, but from their point of view I think it would be nice for them to offer some better deals for their loyal customer base, like a multi-save deal and free range to choose which colour or design you go for.
My thing is that I'll buy something, find that I love it, wear it until it gets totally knackered, then try and get myself another one exactly the same and then find I can't get it anywhere, so I'd probably be better off buying two of exactly the same garment/boots or shoes and put them away for later.....hey at least I'd get half price postage on Q lol!

I get what you're saying, but don't you find you have a favourite colour or at least a colour that suits you more than another? When I was buying a lot of clothes there was a few occasions where I've seen something I've liked the look of decided which colour I wanted, but then steered by price have bought it in the other available colourways too. I remember buying a raincoat from IW back in the day I chose the apple green one, but as it was only about £8 I bought it in cobalt and in bright orange so for £24 + a few extra quid in postage I'd got myself three coats. The apple green was lovely and I wore it and wore it, the cobalt blue did nothing for me, I think I ended up wearing it once and as for the bright orange one, it suited me funnily enough but the comments I got eg wow, that's bright, you'll show up in a crowd, hang on let me grab my sunglasses was enough for me to hang it back up and save it for "high days and holidays"! Recently I bought a dress that I'd seen in clearance on QVC it was reduced to the princely sum of £6 and would've been under a tenner all in, it was a yellow (a colour I love) with a tropical flower/leaf design, sadly it wasn't available in my size so I searched Ebay and found one for £9 and free postage. I received it and tried it on and even if I say so myself it looked amazing, and on the occasions I've worn it so far I've received compliments. The dress came in a few different colourways/patterns and these are all still available on Ebay for a good price so was very tempted to order myself a couple more. I thought better of it as to me the yellow one is perfection and I'd only be buying the others for the sake of it. Again I was driven by price as much as anything.
For those like yourself who have found a range that's ideal for them, it's a pity they can't be more reasonably priced, I'm not suggesting that you can't afford them, but from their point of view I think it would be nice for them to offer some better deals for their loyal customer base, like a multi-save deal and free range to choose which colour or design you go for.
My thing is that I'll buy something, find that I love it, wear it until it gets totally knackered, then try and get myself another one exactly the same and then find I can't get it anywhere, so I'd probably be better off buying two of exactly the same garment/boots or shoes and put them away for later.....hey at least I'd get half price postage on Q lol!
I am able to wear most colours so long as I get the tone correct. I steer away from pastels like baby blue or pink or lilac which can wash me out. My wardrobe is arranged by colour: black, brown, red, purple, orange, blue and greens, with khaki. My favourite colour is yellow but I don’t wear it. I get most compliments when I wear teal. Kim’s colour combinations suit me. I wish her clothes were a little cheaper and available on high street but I have stopped buying all the mistakes from elsewhere.
I won’t allow anything now in my wardrobe to judge me. I tend to buy things in twos. I wish more than anything that there were deals on p&p or free p&p or capped p&p but for now, I just factor it in the price.

Is it just Q addicts that have to buy a garment in every possible colour? I read a comment on Qurio earlier from a woman who'd just bought her 7th denim and co jacket - the one that's styled like a denim jacket but is made from thick jersey and has long curved hem at the back. She was understandably miffed to be sent out one that was obviously a return...but who the hell needs 7 jackets? I get how people might like a wide selection of colours when it comes to basics like t shirts and vests, but I just cannot get my head around people who see something like a dress, a jacket, a top or blouse that they like and then have to buy it in every single colour. Q "designers" must be rubbing their hands together with glee knowing they can knock out a garment in about 20 shades of the same palette and then some and sell the bliddy lot, no wonder the presenters get muddled up when they're trying to say what colour's supposed to be what. Even the "designer/BA" themselves can't even make sense of them! No, that's the capuccino...no this one's the cappuccino, so this one must be the tired donkey...no hang on you're right that's the cappuccino and this one's the fag ash "Who thinks of these names" "I mean who even designs these things?"
I also hate the craftiness that goes into this, RL/ MW/Kim are buggers for this. They do vest tops in 50 different colourways, so they decided to offer us a twin pack and choose the colours for us. Why can't they just say pick any two colours? probably because they know that people are more than likely to buy more than one set if the two colours they want are in different sets - rant over (for now)!
Why do people want multiples of the same jacket? Like you, I just don't understand it. One denim jacket, at the outside two, is enough, imo.
I have 3 different colours in this jacket. I get a lot of wear out of them all. No need for every colour. I got 2 neutral and one bright.

Debbie Flint has 14 of these jackets.

I bought a denim & co jacket a few weeks ago after a blitz of shows but it wasn’t for me . I sent it back.But at least I know what the fuss is about these jackets.It didn’t seem like denim.

I bought my denim jacket at a boutiquey place many, many moons ago when I was a size smaller. I won't get another as stylish so I pretend I'm being fashionable and still wear it but now it's QVC style - with the buttons undone. ;)

I don't own anything by Denim and Co .
I am sitting here in a Naturals by D&Co dress (I have 3 in different solid colours). Today's jacket is from Sainsbury's. I like the colours offered and the preponderance of natural fibres in the range.
Maybe I should look harder elsewhere, but I haven't found equivalent items to ehat I've bought from Q on the high street thus far.

I am actually warming towards the idea of "That jacket" Recently they were talking about it on air and saying how, it was so limited in stock and that as soon as new stock comes in it literally flies out. I thought I'd check out the website to see whether they were telling the truth, and sure enough they were. Of the colours remaining most were only available in XS and I'd have opted for medium which was only available in dark green. I do own a couple of denim jackets but I never wear them with jeans as I can't stand the look of "double denim" So for me it would be quite useful to have a "denim jacket" I can throw on with jeans or a denim skirt. It's at least £10 more expensive that what I'd like to pay for it, so I shall be keeping a close eye on Ebay. A quick look showed a few but in the dark green (which I would probably go for) is only available in 3XL. I actually coming around to the fact that it's not denim - I'm hoping that if I do get one it'll have the comfort of a hoodie (not my thing) but the look of a denim jacket. I'll let you know if I manage to get one.

I have 3 different colours in this jacket. I get a lot of wear out of them all. No need for every colour. I got 2 neutral and one bright.
I have 3 too, mint, which I love and wear to death, silver, which I'm not so keen on but I wear it dog walking, and I've just got the orange which is a great pick me up when the weather is dull.

Latest posts

Back