HELP! cat flap nightmare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
OK I'm having a nightmare I have the worst cat flap http://www.petsathome.com/shop/4-wa...for-big-cats-and-small-dogs-by-staywell-24657 it was a nightmare to fit and the hole template was a joke a huge round circle so my farther in law cut a hole the shape of the opening but cut it to big so it looks awful. Anyway after a year I have to lock it because all cats keep coming in so poor Thomas has to be locked in the kitchen of an evening so he can go in and out. well he has just run through it when it was locked and smashed it to pieces but i can't find a replacement to fit i need a big cat small dog, STRONG but no magnet as Thomas was a stray he wont like a collar.
Please has anyone any ideas? there is a huge hole in my door and i need to keep the streets cats out some of them are always scratching and i dont want them in with Morgan fleas is the last thing i need!

gemcherub - first of all, is it 'just' the plastic door that's broken? if so, staywell will replace that. i think they replaced 2 for me free of charge. i have a different make now, petmate i think, and they charge £12.

second - all basic cat flaps have no magnet so any cat can go in or out. any decent pet shop will help you with the right one. all my cats have been big and they've had no problem going through a standard cat one.

third - in another thread, missing cat i think, we were discussing the ones that work by microchip. they're expensive - about £90 - but sounds exactly what you need. it would read morgan's chip and let him and only him, in and out.

if you're going to replace the whole thing, it might be worth getting a carpenter or someone to cut the hole/patch up the door. the template they provide is the right size!

hope that helps.

oops :redface: well chips for kids could be handy. lol!
now theres a thought lol

well I took Morgan out to baby group and when we got home my dad had fitted a new flap, not what i wanted but hey bless him x
Lets hope this one can with stand Thomas x
Thank you all so much for your help x

Latest posts

Back