What are you having for your tea / dinner or whatever?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
What are you having for your tea, dinner or whatever you call it?

I have made some lovely vegetable soup and it is rather nice, even though I say it myself.

Every time I make soup, it is different, depending on what I have in.

Today was half packet each of the fresh ready chopped leek and potato soup mixes and fresh chopped carrot from Asda ( can't be doing with all that chopping up!), some sweetcorn I had in the fridge, garlic clove, one herb infusion stock pot, a bit of ground black pepper. Chucked it all in the soup maker on chunky. When done, took some of the veg out, blended the rest in the soup maker then put the other veg back in - voila, some lovely thickened chunky soup.

I've had a couple of bowls with some crusty bread and might have another bowl later for supper.

What are you having?

Jacket spuds in this household, cooked in the halogen oven!

Sausage, Mash and beans, with ketchup (actually just had it, yum)

And for afters chocolate cheesecake (I made earlier)

Looks like and extra half hour in the gym tomorrow

Sausage, Mash and beans, with ketchup (actually just had it, yum)

And for afters chocolate cheesecake (I made earlier)

Looks like and extra half hour in the gym tomorrow

oh, sausage, mash and beans, not had that for ages either. I have the vege sausages and love the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, lovely. Plus, they are low syn on my SW diet.

Could just eat a small portion of some cheese cake though...........

oh, sausage, mash and beans, not had that for ages either. I have the vege sausages and love the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, lovely. Plus, they are low syn on my SW diet.

Could just eat a small portion of some cheese cake though...........

Now come on as we all know whats the point of a small portion!

I think I could happily eat a veggie sausage but as for Mr Y not a chance. I once tried the old substitute the meat for quorn trick in a bolognaise as people said that no one could tell the difference. He spotted the difference before even starting it (smartarse)

Saturday is the one day of the week I don`t cook and we have a takeaway curry and a bottle of wine.

Saturday is the one day of the week I don`t cook and we have a takeaway curry and a bottle of wine.

That sounds so good! How I love my curry, I am having a pork casserole and cheats microwave mash ( am a terrible "mash cooker" ) you need something warming in this weather, it seems to make me so hungry,:nod:

Eating out. In a real restaurant! With real grown up friends.

Not sure what though. It's a cuisine from around the world kinda place. It's my friend 's birthday and she chose it.

Me too, well I had chip shop tonight. But still made Morgan home made quiche for lunch and home made meatloaf for tea, so still ended up cooking twice lol

i am having ham salad just to use the salad up , i might prepare a stew later & stick it in the slow cooker as i will probably be up till gone 3 am , so by early afternoon tomorrow it will be ready :grin:

i am having ham salad just to use the salad up , i might prepare a stew later & stick it in the slow cooker as i will probably be up till gone 3 am , so by early afternoon tomorrow it will be ready :grin:

When it started snowing here earlier in the week, I was in the same position that I had lots of salad stuff to use up but I really enjoyed it, nice, crisp and fresh with some mayo on, yum. It seemed strange though eating salad when it was blowing a gale outside.

Another Quorn fan here.

I needed comfort food, so I had Quorn-pretendy-chicken in breadcrumbs with mozzarella, granary bread, and a salad with loads of coriander.

Then I decided I needed comfort drink as well and had a glass of wine. Hic.

Enjoy your night out, Weathergirl!

That sounds delish, sublime. I don't know what i would do without Quorn.

I'm just having some peach and passion fruit yogurt over a sliced banana, then later, I'm having a good old G&T ( slimline tonic)

oh, and er.......... I had the last of the purple quality street toffees as I was chopping up my banana, Otherwise, it would have been on my mind all night so I dealt with it and ate it. No pesky tin of quality street is going to get the better of me. :wink:

Latest posts

Back