What Facebook style are you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deffo a joker mainly, have to be with my FB friends many of whom know me too well from my youth lol x.

I don't do facebook but thinking maybe I should make an account. You will probably think I am odd but I don't want it for friends. I just want to be able to read certain pages. I have no desire to tell everyone the details of my life or post pictures on ( absolutely hate having my picture taken.) The friends I do speak to I do so by phone or text. Don't want OH relatives on either. Reading this back I sound a right miserable so an so..I just want it to be nosey really.

I don`t actually post much on my FB page so I don`t fit into any of the above. I have links on it to certain other Fb pages which I enjoy reading such as Clarins, Penhaligons, Combat Stress ( a group for the armed forces ), Poppy appeal charity, a private group formed in aid of a stroke victim and also a small group of friends who I chat privately to. Other than that I mainly use it to see photographs of my grandchildren who live a long way from me and my daughter in law uploads photographs onto FB for me to see regular updates of them. I have my Fb page invisible because I don`t want to be inundated with so called friend requests from people I hardly know or ex colleagues or old school friends. I can`t be bothered with all of that. At the moment the main aim of my FB is to receive regular updates from my son`s regiment out in Afghanistan. The Army posts basic updates letting friends and family know they are all ok.

None of the above. Don't do Facebook.

Nor do I and I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not doing so. I don't 'tweet' either. Sheeeeshhhhh ............. I'm boring. :wink:

I suppose I just prefer to speak to people face to face or on the phone and, on the rare occasion that something annoys me, I'd rather say it to them in person rather than post/tweet my comment/feelings online.

I like FB, have made lots of friends across the country. some I have known from school and work that I had lost and are now reacquainted with. There are some that I may never meet but it's nice to know them even if its only through that.

Nor do I and I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not doing so. I don't 'tweet' either. Sheeeeshhhhh ............. I'm boring. :wink:

I suppose I just prefer to speak to people face to face or on the phone and, on the rare occasion that something annoys me, I'd rather say it to them in person rather than post/tweet my comment/feelings online.

Another boring one here Toril!

Made the mistake of registering once for a work related issue and regret it niw. It raided my contacts on msn, some of which I had long since deleted. Although I did whatever I could to close and hide my account I still get junk emails from Facebook saying "do you know so and so, this person or that person". I think "yes, no, and yes but wish I didn't!". I wish FB would b**gger off!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I too joined and wished I hadn't, if I check in once a month to see what's happening with nephew & niece it's a lot..

None....and I don't want to be!! :mysmilie_503:I joined a few years ago because I was urged to by an old work friend who wanted me to see some photos posted by some ex work colleagues that we both knew. I only went on once just to be nosey, I wasn't interested in using the site myself because I have no desire to be part of all that social media bollox and that was it as far as I was concerned. A few months later I was alerted by personal email from an ex ST member that 'I' was posting weird messages on FB and she was concerned that it just couldn't be me?? It wasn't of course but someone had hacked into my account (gawd know why they picked on me :wonder:) so I decided to delete my account but no matter what I tried it just wouldn't delete permanantly because FB holds onto your details forever and uses stalking cookies to track you on the web, even after you have logged out. :angry: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/233670/scitech/facebook-addresses-stalking-issue Several times a week I still get friends requests from people I've never even heard of which I report as spam but they still keep coming. :angry: I've also changed my password several times in an attempt to try and make my account safe but I'm sure it's still vulnerable. I hate FB with a passion and wish I'd never been persuaded to join the evil feckin site. :headbang:

I've heard of so many stories like yours Sue which is why I have absolutely no interest in FB whatsoever. Can't be doing with Friends Reunited either so I suppose I'm in the "Billy-No-Mates" Club!!

I don`t actually post much on my FB page so I don`t fit into any of the above. I have links on it to certain other Fb pages which I enjoy reading such as Clarins, Penhaligons, Combat Stress ( a group for the armed forces ), Poppy appeal charity, a private group formed in aid of a stroke victim and also a small group of friends who I chat privately to. Other than that I mainly use it to see photographs of my grandchildren who live a long way from me and my daughter in law uploads photographs onto FB for me to see regular updates of them. I have my Fb page invisible because I don`t want to be inundated with so called friend requests from people I hardly know or ex colleagues or old school friends. I can`t be bothered with all of that. At the moment the main aim of my FB is to receive regular updates from my son`s regiment out in Afghanistan. The Army posts basic updates letting friends and family know they are all ok.

How do you make your page invisible? Mind you reading Pinkpussycats experience puts me off. I'm with you BusyLizzie Billy No Mates club. My kids can't understand why I wouldn't want friends on.

None....and I don't want to be!! :mysmilie_503:I joined a few years ago because I was urged to by an old work friend who wanted me to see some photos posted by some ex work colleagues that we both knew. I only went on once just to be nosey, I wasn't interested in using the site myself because I have no desire to be part of all that social media bollox and that was it as far as I was concerned. A few months later I was alerted by personal email from an ex ST member that 'I' was posting weird messages on FB and she was concerned that it just couldn't be me?? It wasn't of course but someone had hacked into my account (gawd know why they picked on me :wonder:) so I decided to delete my account but no matter what I tried it just wouldn't delete permanantly because FB holds onto your details forever and uses stalking cookies to track you on the web, even after you have logged out. :angry: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/233670/scitech/facebook-addresses-stalking-issue Several times a week I still get friends requests from people I've never even heard of which I report as spam but they still keep coming. :angry: I've also changed my password several times in an attempt to try and make my account safe but I'm sure it's still vulnerable. I hate FB with a passion and wish I'd never been persuaded to join the evil feckin site. :headbang:

Exactly the same here Sue. I thought I had left but no, still get emails.

I don't do FB either, really can't see the attraction and I think it's the worse thing this generation could ever have got. The bullying that goes on is awful.

Wrongside you have to set all your settings to custom. Go through all your settings. Click on the little padlock at the top of your page and it will show you who can see you or contact you at the moment. If it isn`t as you`d like it to be then go into your privacy and account settings and change them. using custom if you have to.

I love the fact that I can catch up with so many people I'd otherwise never have seen again on FB. Sorry to those who don't like it but I'm a keen advocate of FB. There's some very interesting facts that we share around on there too.

Example-Just re-posted an article that was on my homepage today about beggars in poor countries with children, babies & toddlers who are constantly asleep in their arms. Seems that a number were monitored by concerned members of the public. The small children are continuously drugged & forced vodka. When they die they are dis-guarded and the next baby victim is found. The women aren't even their mothers. The money that can be made in tourist hot spots is ridiculous, hence it all done by organised gangs. Think about that when you next see a woman with a child asleep in her arms begging whilst abroad please.

Also-many campaigns against cruelty have been given a massive boost courtesy of decent people alerting others & taking part on Facebook.
I ended up being one of the forerunners of one such campaign myself. I discovered that a man due to be a crufts judge this year was reported by his own vet for unimaginable neglect to his own dog. He & his wife were successfully prosecuted by the RSPCA, yet Crufts/The Kennel Club thought it was still fine to maintain his position of judge for the breed of dogs he was prosecuted for being cruel & neglectful to. After posting about it it went kinda viral, someone even did a FB page about it. (The dog in question was riddled with cancer and had been in agony for months yet had never been to a vet until it had to be put to sleep by the vet who reported the man & his wife).

Crufts,The Kennel Club & a breeding club probably hated me & my fellow campaigners but they had to back down. David Blaxter was not a judge this year, mainly due to actions derived from FB. Judging by their public reaction they had no intention of changing their choice of judge for this year for Bull Mastiffs until FB & the media got involved. I believe Mr. Blaxter stood down, not b4 he called the people who campaigned "The underbelly of the dog world" allegedly, (what ever that means lol).

There's loads of very creative, hilarious and cute stuff on there too as well as all kinds of informative articles about nutrition, what's good, what's not etc.
You can alter settings, just like V said, it's really easy to do. Personally I think FB has done a massive amount of good overall.

Last edited:
I respect your view Nikki and I can see how it can be used to good effect - the example you have quoted is a good one. I am a private person and I don't want my personal details out there for all to see and potentially use against me and I dont think the Internet and FB is secure enough. I also worry that many people dont know how to secure their information and dont understand the risks - this is particularly true of this generation and many older users (no offence intended to anyone).
But my biggest bug bear is people who hide behind the likes of FB and become bullies behaving in a way that they wouldn't have the guts to do in a face to face situation. Dont get me wrong I'm not condoning any kind of bullying including face to face but it's particularly spineless to do it anonymously.

Latest posts

Back