QVC beauty-hybrid or brand-loyal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I know many of us buy Q brands from other sources but over the years have you developed a "list" of QVC brands that when combined you return to time and time again? Do you mix and match your Q beauty brands or do you stay loyal to just one like Elemis or Liz Earle?

I'm a QVC beauty-hybrid myself, with le Q, Amazon, FeelUnique and ebay being my suppliers.

It appears that for the past 2 years I favour Emma Hardie and Judith Williams in skincare. Mix and match- I cleanse with EH and moisturise with JW). I use L'Occitane and SBC in shower, bath, soap and body products. L'Occitane for shampoo. L'Occitane and Decleor for hand cream. Mally all the way for make up. I have just ordered some AD synergy products to try but as yet no idea whether they will make it into my routine.

Im not brand loyal in the slightest :happy:. Ive used most ranges from Q and they have promised the earth and not delivered , Im high street skincare all the way atm. Much cheaper and no P&P :mysmilie_866:

Skincare, I use Decleor and Elemis (and did pre QVC), Gatineau and occasionally others, bought from a mixture of places QVC (only if value is exceptional), House of Fraser especially on Brand Event days, Ebay for topping up on single items or buying one element from a TSV if I'venot wanted the rest of the kit, Just Beauty Direct and also from brand shops in Spas such as Champneys, often in conjunction with a free 40 min treatment.

Shower and body I use Molton Brown (usually discount shop), L'Occitane (ditto), Crabtree & Evelyn (ditto) and Elemis.

Make-up is Laura Mercer, YSL, Smashbox, Laura Geller and Mally, the former two when on promotion, and then Ebay or le Q as appropriate.

Well since I developed mild roseaca I am far more careful in the brands I use. Too expensive to send stuff back to QVC if I react, can't be bothered to find out if I will react.

Elemis is something my skin seems to like, but then it also really seems to like some REN and Marks and Spencer's own brand especially their neck cream. So semi brand loyal, with skin care. Make up is a different matter, the only brand I was slightly loyal to on QVC was Smashbox but they have gone and widely available in Boots now. Also since Estee Lauder bought the brand the quality is not the same. I still love the cream eyeliners which don't actually make now!!! QVC make up brands do not interest me dare I use the word boring. Bobbi Brown only use the under eye corrector and the brightener. I get the correct shades in my local HoF. Benefit I again used to like now again boring. Widely available elsewhere. New C ID never had the urge to buy the brand, loads of it usually in TKMaxx. Mally and Laura Geller don't interest me either. BE never has interested me.

I do SpaceNK for Nars, Hourglass, Laura Mercier and By Terry. Tom Ford HoF or ebay. Lately its been Tom all the way. YSL my friend is a manager at a counter. Chanel depends what is in the new collections.

Body, I like some of the Elemis range and usually wait until the 10% off in Debenhams and GWP. SpaceNK own brand bath and body is brilliant. Don't do Molton Brown now even though we have two stand alone stores and a very large area in HoF.

Nail polish I am an Essie fan now available in Boots and Superdrug and the prices have come down to £7.99 a bottle.

Hair care, oh at the moment its Tara Smith, Bumble and Bumble, some Ojon I bought ages ago and a Argan oil range I got at 70% off in a local salon in a sale. I swap around what I use. going to try WEN but not from QVC.

I'm pretty boring, I tend to stick to the same.

Cleanser - Liz Earle
Toner - Liz Earle
I don't use a moisturiser anymore, instead I bought the AD Skin Synergy Night Oil duo. (It is brilliant by the way, three pumps at night is all I use and my skin has never been better IMO).
After shaving I used to use LE Mens Moisturiser, but now I use Bulldog Sensitive instead. Usually about a fiver for 100ml, and it is BUAV approved.
Hand Cream - Liz Earle 4 nights a week, the other 3 nights I use an extra 2 pumps of the night oil on my hands instead.
Shampoo - Liz Earle.
Foot Cream - Palmers Foot Lotion. It looks a bit like Moringa balm, it does contain Mineral Oil, but the state of my hooves has never been better.
Showel Gel - Superdrug Lemon & Tea Tree - Under £1.00 a bottle and it's fantastic.

The only item I buy from QVC is the night oil. A duo for £45.00 inc P&P. I have searched high & low but I cannot find it any cheaper from anywhere else. I am tempted to try their cleanser next, but until I get through my C & P stash, it will have to wait.

I use various brands.
Cleanse in shower in morning with either Decleor or Elemis and Clarisonic.
Cleanse at night (dare I say it) with Olay wipes.
Use Molton Brown or L'Occitane in shower(usually bought from outlet or L'Occitane store)

Skincare use items from Elemis, L'Occitane, Decleor, Origins, Ren and Alpha H

I don't wear much make up but use Chantecaille eyebrow pencil, BM foundation and various brands of lipsticks but like to finish with a Buxom gloss, although it looks like they have been phased out.

Only buy TSV if I would use all the products. I buy from Cheap Smells, Look Fantastic, Feel Unique and Salon Skincare.
Handcream I use Decleor or Floris.
Foot cream L'Occitane.

Nope I`m not loyal to any brand or any seller. Nothing in a jar will turn back time so as long as my skin is clean, hydrated, protected and isn`t irritated then I`m happy. You`ll find skincare from Asda, Ebay, Boots and Superdrug in my house though I like SBC`s collagen gel and buy it from Q when its on offer. My skin looks none the worse from when I used to buy nothing but expensive brands.
I wear very little makeup and I like Judith Williams magic foundation or Simple BB cream but I tend to use a mineral powder from Barefaced Beauty most of the time. Mally eyesticks and mascara and Max Factor lipsticks, that`s it. No blushers, eye liners, primers, highlighters etc etc and as I age I find less is very much more when it comes to makeup.
I buy shampoo, shower gel, body lotions, hand creams and so on from Boots and like the Champneys, Sanctuary or Soap and Glory ranges which always have 3 for 2 offers or freebies during the year and the Sanctuary foot cream is a steal and brilliant stuff.
I watched the " How not to grow old " series on TV where Louise Rednapp and another reporter have been trying out everything from £600 face cream to the supposed latest non invasive treatments at hundreds or thousands or pounds a chuck. None had a lasting effect and the only thing which made a mega difference was when their guinea pigs actually had cosmetic surgery such as facelifts, tummy tucks, eye lifts etc or cosmetic dentistry and most of us either couldn`t afford or wouldn`t want to take that route. They actually put bog standard moisturiser into a pot, got an advertising agency to design the jar and label, called it Dr Max and it actually looked similar to the perricone packaging, took it out on the streets told the women it was £300 a jar and they tested it, raved over it saying it was blah blah and then came clean and admitted it was just a bog standard moisturiser. I think part of the supposed benefits from buying some expensive brands is more psychological than physical, people think its doing good so they look happier, feel better therefore look better.

I'm pretty boring, I tend to stick to the same.

Cleanser - Liz Earle
Toner - Liz Earle
I don't use a moisturiser anymore, instead I bought the AD Skin Synergy Night Oil duo. (It is brilliant by the way, three pumps at night is all I use and my skin has never been better IMO).
After shaving I used to use LE Mens Moisturiser, but now I use Bulldog Sensitive instead. Usually about a fiver for 100ml, and it is BUAV approved.
Hand Cream - Liz Earle 4 nights a week, the other 3 nights I use an extra 2 pumps of the night oil on my hands instead.
Shampoo - Liz Earle.
Foot Cream - Palmers Foot Lotion. It looks a bit like Moringa balm, it does contain Mineral Oil, but the state of my hooves has never been better.
Showel Gel - Superdrug Lemon & Tea Tree - Under £1.00 a bottle and it's fantastic.

The only item I buy from QVC is the night oil. A duo for £45.00 inc P&P. I have searched high & low but I cannot find it any cheaper from anywhere else. I am tempted to try their cleanser next, but until I get through my C & P stash, it will have to wait.
Mr Marple you have a really good skincare regime for a guy,I agree with you about the AD Synergy oil it has done wonders for my skin and I wouldn't want to be without it now.
Lynn. :mysmilie_48:

Can I also,throw my two penneth in re AD Skin Synergy Night oil an outstanding product
Im currently using the REN rose 3 in 1 cleansing water from M&S ( or Eve Lom dependant on my shift pattern)
AD oil instead of serum day time
REN Bio-Retinoids anti aging day cream (M&S )
M&S advanced Formula eye cream and neck cream
Night time it's just eye cream and AD oil as above

Make up wise I am TOTALLY committed to the utterly fantastic Tom Ford range, expensive yes, but totally delivers.
So it's TF foundation, powder and blusher, followed by TF lippies there isn't another lipstick on the planet that can match these

Oh I almost forgot Clinique eye lash primer followed by YSL Babydoll mascara

Can I also VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Glamglow face mask I use this weekly and also purchase @ M&S and M&S Advanced Formula one minute facial is fabulous too

Last edited:
No I`m not loyal to any brand or any seller.

I mix and match my brands, still but alot from QVC but only TSV's and bargain sets etc. As I suffer from eczema it's nice to try new stuff from QVC, so have the option of sending it back. Also buy from Salonskincare, HQhair, Boots and John Lewis to name but a few.

Cleanser - is either Elemis, Liz Earle, Decleor or Gatineau
Toner - as above
Day/Night Cream as above
Face Scrub/Masks - Elemis or Gatineau
Bath - Mostly L'Occitane usually from the sale instore as TSV are just the same stuff.
Body - Liz Earle Body Cream
Handcream - L'Occitane Shea night and Decleor daytime
Haircare - Ojon from Boots
Makeup - mostly Smashbox from Boots

I have mostly used bits and pieces from different ranges but find I am consolidating these days, not because I am brand loyal but because there's one particular brand that is working for me at the moment for face and body and that's ESPA (not purchased from QVC), I invested in a professional spray gun and tent and use the LA Tan range (fab colour, no stains and lasts at least 9 days) makeup now mostly consists of MAC, BM foundation and a BB gel eyeliner hair care I use TIGI or Wella Professional shampoo and conditioner plus styling products, hair colour Wella Illumina which is amazing and has literally healed my hair more than any hair product I have ever used. Although I bought the RCM TSV in Feb, I use gelish products as they are from the same umbrella company, (Shellac won't cure correctly with anything other than a CND light which is why I don't use it). I have a bit of Liz Earle left from last year that I prob won't use, and some Elemis too, but for me ESPA beats them hands down.
I started to pilot a beauty venture about 4 months ago and I have tried quite a few new products, (new to me that is) so now there is a few other bits I use that are non retail pro products for specific areas of the body ie cuticles, foot or hand soak which have out performed the 'known' pro beauty products and are in comparison fantastically well priced. if and when my skin changes and I feel the need to look around again, I may end up using bits from all different ranges again :)

Hello, I only buy beauty from QVC for my Mum now, after my Josie maran purchase and yet again being allergic to an ingredient in the colour stick i just can't be bothered anymore and am so frustrated that QVC never put ingredient listings on their website - it would have saved me a lot of bother over the years.

I use douvall's argan oil for hair from douvall's, the cleasing oil occasionally (can't dcide if it makes my skin worse) in between that cleanse and polish. Radox shower gel (amazingly for me i can use this!) Phylia de M hair care and I make my own flax seed hair gel as there is nothing retail I can buy these days that I'm not allergic to. Body and hand cream is cream bepanthan extra sensitive baby lotion with no mineral oil, frgrance parabens and so on - love it.

No nail polish for me.

I have tried most of QVC presteejus brands at one time or another and although I love PCM cream I have given up buying it due to the cost and now use Nivea Q1O. have found my skin has improved since I started using it

I think over the years ST members have become very savy(sp) with ingredients and brands.

We no longer worship at the alter of QVC and AY feeding us sound bites. We know to shop around and get deals etc.

I think over the years ST members have become very savy(sp) with ingredients and brands.

We no longer worship at the alter of QVC and AY feeding us sound bites. We know to shop around and get deals etc.

I think it mayb partly because we have seen how badly Alison Young has aged over the years and that's with having access to all the products her heart desires :cheeky::taphead:

I use a mix of brands & either from QVC, Superdrug or EBay.

Make up removal - alpha h cleansing oil (definitely a balm though, not an oil)
Cleanse - Superdrug Radiance Hot Cloth Cleanser
Tone - I've only just started toning and use one from Forever Young on EBay.
Serum - haven't settled on one yet but will be using the Judith Williams new one when my tsv arrives
Moisturiser - JW day & night cream
Night cream - Alpha H Rehuvenating cream, I absolutely love this.
Liquid Gold twice a week

I've just started using AD Skin synergy night oil, I'd be really interested in what results people have had.

I am really enjoying everyone's responses to this thread. THANK YOU. I have often had inspiration from many of you. To be fair to Q I have been inspired by them in the past to try brands like L'Occitane in the first place which I occasionally buy from Q (the quattre Reinnes shampoo and conditioner duo is exclusive to Q and they have had TSV's I liked and good prices on the shea hand cream.) I buy from brandalley or secretsales and get good prices on L'Occitane from their own website or stores in the January sales.

I have to confess to being a Lidl addict. Today I bought their BB cream and Argan Oil to try. Think it was only £1.99 and 2.99 respectively and has rave reviews in the press.

Ooh I saw the Lidl BB cream yesterday but talked myself out of it! I'd be interested to know what you think of it WG.

Not brand loyal

I am not brand loyal

Cleanser - A'kin Geranium usually as it is a cream and also a wash, but trying Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap atm and like
Toner - Only use floral waters generally but using Martha Hill atm
Moisturiser - in the summer I only use Ultrasun Face SPF30 then switch in winter to JW Phytomineral although atm am trying Prai Gemstone as it came in a set I had
Eye Cream - Usually L'Occitane but using Prai radiance atm as wanted to try this and am impressed but will probably be using JW soon as ordered the TSV
Serums - Don't usually use, but will be trying JW when it arrives
Night Cream - only use Oils -flitting between A'kin radiance and Decleor Essential Balm once a month for a week
Hand Cream - usually L'Occitane but will be using JW one when TSV arrives
Shower Gels - Flit between Martha Hill Geranium, A'kin Orange Blossom and now using Molton Brown Blissful Templetree which I caved in and bought this summer for a treat as not used it for years
Shampoo/Conditioner - usually a salon brand but trying out Dr Organics Argan oil one atm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back