XL models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I know models are chosen as coat-hangers, ie the shapes most likely to display and sell the clothes best, but I wish the XL models would actually show some hips and the odd lump or bump, so it's more obvious how the clothes would hang on most of us ordinary "larger ladies" to quote a well-worn phrase. The smaller-sized models give me a better idea of how the clothes would suit me than a well-stacked XL model who doesn't sell me anything.

Last edited:
I like seeing the XL models, I know for a fact that Joy saved me no end of money over the years. lol

I also think its good that the models are all shapes and sizes. I know the TV is meant to add half a stone, but I am pretty sure Joy is not a size 16/18.

I also think its good that the models are all shapes and sizes. I know the TV is meant to add half a stone, but I am pretty sure Joy is not a size 16/18.

It would be good if they were all shapes and sizes. My point is that the xl models aren't representative of the bulk of us (horrible pun, I know, but still...)

I agree. I'm a pear shape so need to see clothes on a "plus" size model with average bust but wide hips and lumpy thighs, about 5'6 tall.

I've been saying that for years ! with that bust she'd be hard pushed (!) to get into a size 24 let alone a 16 ! . My bust is a 42dd because of my broad back, so I take a 22, but I look quite petite and sylph like compared to Joy's whopping bazookers. I know the tele magnifies, but even so, she looks as though she's about 40HH, so its a good job she models all the streeeeeetchy and pingy fabrics.

We need a model with a great big ar*e please!!

No way can I ever tell how something would look on my pear shape, because the "plus" models always have such hugely majestic chesticles, all clothes just hang off them and hide their snake hips :giggle:

Whats a big-bum like me going to look like in them?????

:confused:

I agree. I'm a pear shape so need to see clothes on a "plus" size model with average bust but wide hips and lumpy thighs, about 5'6 tall.

I've been saying that for years ! with that bust she'd be hard pushed (!) to get into a size 24 let alone a 16 ! . My bust is a 42dd because of my broad back, so I take a 22, but I look quite petite and sylph like compared to Joy's whopping bazookers. I know the tele magnifies, but even so, she looks as though she's about 40HH, so its a good job she models all the streeeeeetchy and pingy fabrics.

I think they must all use Julia's tape measure...small must be at least a size 40" chest... :giggle:

Had to dig around to find this thread. The model for today's Antthony Designs TSV seems to be a normal XL shape, not with Joy's whoppers and snake hips. And she looks good in the clothes, too, so maybe they're having second thoughts about ALL model shapes.

Had to dig around to find this thread. The model for today's Antthony Designs TSV seems to be a normal XL shape, not with Joy's whoppers and snake hips. And she looks good in the clothes, too, so maybe they're having second thoughts about ALL model shapes.

Just a thought I haven't seen Joy in ages, I wonder if she has reached her sell by date with qvc......

Don't get me wrong, I think Joy is fabulous (one of Q's best models IMO), but let's be honest, she's built like a brick sh*thouse.
We alternatives to her, bigger sizes, but in different shapes IFKWIM?

Why are they so tall as well most of us are nowhere near 5'10" and the average size is above a size 16 so depending on which range they are flogging is any where between a medium and an extra large.

I've just taken delivery of a size 20 Ronnie Nicole blouson style dress. Its going straight back. Her size 20 would fit a size 16 beautifully. I just about managed to get it on, and looked like a squashed sausage. Getting it off was more of a challenge - a block and tackle would have been useful.

I really am surprised that she hasn't taken on board the comments about length size and the fact her bust sizing only goes up in 1" increments.

:
I've just taken delivery of a size 20 Ronnie Nicole blouson style dress. Its going straight back. Her size 20 would fit a size 16 beautifully. I just about managed to get it on, and looked like a squashed sausage. Getting it off was more of a challenge - a block and tackle would have been useful.

I really am surprised that she hasn't taken on board the comments about length size and the fact her bust sizing only goes up in 1" increments.

I lost about half a stone getting out of my one and only RN dress....I would like to know the real size DF/JR squeeze themselves into and who helps them out...:Laugh:

I like Joy as well but don't think she bears much relation to real folk. She looks so upholstered that I feel quite uncomfortable just looking at her. I should think that she can hardly breathe and they have to peel the corsets off her backstage before she heads home braless in her Carole Hochman pj's and emu slippers.

QVC really should look at the sizes that sell out the quickest and then use the models with those type porportions the most rather than 5'10 size 10 models. Most women on the normal height scale are usually around the 5'4 height. Re: Joy and her huge chesticles, I completely agree that it seems hard to believe she fits a size 16, however, from time to time that I have seen her model, and the presenters are stating that she is in XL, she looks 'stuffed' into it and would much better suit 2 sizes larger. I hardly buy any fashionwear from QVC as every designer has their own size guide in which even that changes dependant on what outfit they are showing. For instance, I liked a couple of outfits, but looking at the sizes on screen, I would have had to buy an XL in one (given the chest measurements) and then the presenter will say that they are a '12' and in the small!!!!!!!!!!!! huh..... go figure................ :Angry:

Latest posts

Back