XL models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Joy as well but don't think she bears much relation to real folk. She looks so upholstered that I feel quite uncomfortable just looking at her. I should think that she can hardly breathe and they have to peel the corsets off her backstage before she heads home braless in her Carole Hochman pj's and emu slippers.

With her chest dangling around her knees!!!

Why are they so tall as well most of us are nowhere near 5'10" and the average size is above a size 16 so depending on which range they are flogging is any where between a medium and an extra large.

The trouble is that some of us are this height, and we can't judge what something will look like or whether it will be long enough unless we see it on someone of our height. I think they should have a variety in each show - say models of 5'2", 5'6" and 5'!0" who are sizes 12, 16 and 20. They should alternate which height is which size from programme to programme, and then we could all see what the clothes look like on different heights and different sizes. I'm 5'10" and a 14/16, and my biggest problem is length - trousers and sleeves are too short and waists are too high.

Mabee QVC fashion team could double book that large lady (Rosa?) who does candles to do a modelling gig on their catwalk, after flogging her waxy wankee handles??

Last edited:
I bought one Ronni Nicole dress,a lovely velvet one with cowl neckline.

I ordered an 18 for my 14/16 size as it looked 'quite snug' on the presenters & models at the time.

I could hardly get it over my head!!

Never again!!

I like Joy as well but don't think she bears much relation to real folk. She looks so upholstered that I feel quite uncomfortable just looking at her. I should think that she can hardly breathe and they have to peel the corsets off her backstage before she heads home braless in her Carole Hochman pj's and emu slippers.
I like Joy as well, but her pointy nails freak me out!

They put the clothes on tall models so we think the clothes look good or hang well (ok not the former but you catch my drift). They want us to kid ourselves that the clothes will look the same on us. If they had true-to- life models they would never sell any clothes at all. At least with Joy they might get larger ladies to buy shapewear so "they too can look this good in our clothes".

"Might" is the operative word. I think most of us recognize that our shape is nothing like Joy's, nor could we afford the upholstery (I like that word, whoever used it here) to give us the lift that she has. Joy is usually squeezed into clothes that are way too tight round the arms, bust and waist, though they fit on the hips, and that's just not the way most of us are - me for one. I'm a tall M to XL, depending on the sizing, with average shaping. If I were Joy I'd go up 2 sizes, as someone said, and take it in at the hips. That's why I look to the other models to see how it looks on them because they represent me better than Joy. There are people with Joy's shaping but most of us aren't and I don't want to look like a burst sausage skin. Why don't the presenters get this, too?

Aside from her 'freaky' nails, I think Joy is used to show just how much 'stretch' there is in a garment, but to say she is a 16/18 High Street beggars belief ----- try putting her and her corsetry into a Ronni Nicole 16 and I might believe them !

As others have said, Joy is not the usual shape for a large lady - and I would guess few of us are blessed (?) with the top half of Dolly Parton, but we all have our own body issues...... tall, short, fat, skinny, heavy legs, slender legs, full/minimal bust, ..... so we just have to get on with what nature gave us !

Maybe the models should be different body shapes rather than different sizes.

Does anyone know what has happened to the model Sharon? She normally models on Kim & Co and Basso. I never watch Basso, but I didn't see her on the last Kim's shows.

joy is much smaller in real life because she buys clothes that suit her shape. she looks a size 16 in reallife and she is 6 foot tall those qvc clothes are punishing on joy and I suspect on most larger ladies. thin fabrics that cling, badly cut and garish colours

Is she 6ft? The presenters say she's 5ft 8 or 9. I agree - most of those styles don't suit her and I'd also like to see her in the clothes she'd wear herself. Having models with different body shapes is a brilliant idea, but it won't happen - the models are there to sell clothes and the powers that be probably think a fat/short-waisted/whatever model with tiny boobs and stumpy legs wouldn't do it. Too right, if the style's not flattering to start with!

she much taller than me I am 5ft 8 in shoes shes around 6ft tall and does not wear qvc clothes. she looks great

I don't understand why there are S M L etc sizes in clothes. Even if the designer doesn't use UK size 10, 12 14 etc QVC should translate and not just say it a few times on s show but those should be the size options shown both on the TV screen and the website. We would then get a chance to judge what QVC size we are and want.

I agree about the different shapes for models often being more useful than different sizes.

I've only been watching QVC for about six months, so maybe she comes from the USA with the guest presenter, but what about the XL model Ann who models for Quacker Factory? She is lots shorter than the other models, about a 20 or 22, large thighs and bum and generally large all over - in proportion, unlike the chesticle and skinny pins described by others in this thread. She seems nice but I've only ever seen her on Quacker shows.

I think it depends on the type of clothes. For example, Dianne Gilmans skinny jeans would look much better on a typical fashion model type body, tall and thin, but DG always chooses the wrong type of models to model her skinny jeans, she usually chooses models were the jeans look not only unflattering but makes them squeeze into sizes way too small, then tells the viewers they can go down a size or two in her range. If that isn't vanity sizing then I don't know what is. There are plenty of models at q which would look much better in the jeans that she could choose. I don't understand why she wants her customers to buy something so unflattering, so she lies to them about sizing and what looks good. Everyone can look good in jeans but not everyone can pull off skinny jeans and look good.

I love the gorgeous Katherine - a real stunner, but even she cant pull off the skinny jeans look. Both her and her Mum, who occasionally models, aren't blessed with slender legs, so the jeans do nothing to flatter them.

Equally, those with skinny legs where the jeans wrinkle like Nora Batty stockings, is not a good look either !

I think Catherine looks good in the skinny jeans. she's a curvey 12 and her legs are not like matchsticks but she looks great in most of the clothes.

Latest posts

Back