mixing gel nail companies?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
I have recently purchased a gel nail system kit in a famous high street chemist. Can anyone tell me if the red carpet nail products would work with another brand. I have looked at prices and they seem cheaper in the refill kits than the one I have just purchased. I am new to nail care and not sure if the lamps have different powers to cure the nails. Any advice on using home kits will be welcome aswell. thanks

I am new to the RCM system myself but done it 3 times now. I have used a gel polish I got in Boots in an opaque black bottle and it worked fine with the RCM products.

I would email the (gel) companies you fancy trying and ask if your lamp is suitable as some definately will not cure properly even though it may appear to be cured and this can cause sensitivity. Artistic Colour gloss, gelish and RCM are essentially the same company so I've been using gelish with the RCM lamp, I also use IBD. Just be wary of using fake gels as these have little or no product information with them and tend to emit unpleasant fumes. Hth

Latest posts

Back