Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Warning you have got me on a nostalgia trip now!Who remembers the Dept. Stores in London? I am thinking 1960s when I was a regular visitor with work.Swan & Edgar on Piccadilly Circus, Galeries Lafayette Regent St.,an up market store on Wigmore St.& one next to Liberty on Regent St.?the original Biba on Church St. Kensington etc.
Dickens & Jones near Liberty ? Also Fenwick down near Bond St.

Thankyou, yes Dickens and Jones on Regent St. it came to me on a flash one night.Was it Wollands on Wigmore St. a smaller upmarket store?

Rubber brushes are brilliant at getting up dog hair.......& my dogs are VERY hairy 🙄

A good old rubber glove picks up a lot of my dog's hair off furniture. She's not allowed on the furniture as she goes for long muddy walks with OH daily and always manages to find the dreaded fox poo!

I have no idea how we have so much hair on the sofa. We also get tumbleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor despite a daily vac. I'm surprised she's not completely bald.

I had to buy a new microwave the ****** catch is going on mine. The microwave works fine. The shop around the corner no longer sells them, so Amazon it was. I didn't want to cook in it and then not be able to get it out? Current one is around 10 years perhaps more.

I have a rubber brush use it for outside.

I'm looking for a new microwave as ours is making strange noises and it doesn't seem to be heating everything every time. I hadn't thought of Amazon, thanks.

I'm looking for a new microwave as ours is making strange noises and it doesn't seem to be heating everything every time. I hadn't thought of Amazon, thanks.
We recently bought a new one from Asda Direct. We used click and collect but its free delivery on orders over £50.

A good old rubber glove picks up a lot of my dog's hair off furniture. She's not allowed on the furniture as she goes for long muddy walks with OH daily and always manages to find the dreaded fox poo!

I have no idea how we have so much hair on the sofa. We also get tumbleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor despite a daily vac. I'm surprised she's not completely bald.
Every time we took Obie to

Rubber brushes are brilliant at getting up dog hair.......& my dogs are VERY hairy 🙄
It's also good for clearing up any residue/debris after either of my cats have been sick (sorry!). I used to use my bissel spotifyer but that sometimes didn't completely remove staining. A friend told me to remove any debris and then leave to dry. I was really nervous the first time I did this but once dry I use a rubber handbrush and so far (after a couple of years) it's a 100% success on cream carpet. That said if I see it happening I do try to gently encourage said cat to oblige by throwing up on the laminate or tiles 😁😄

On the old shops that have gone... Back in my younger days in the North East (Newcastle upon Tyne and round about) we had a House of Fraser called Binns, and John Lewis was called Bainbridges.
We had a department store in Whitley Bay my parents had an account at called Isaac Waltons, it got turned into a leisure centre after in closed.

I bought a rubber brush from eBay. The nice cozee home rug I bought from QVC a few weeks ago I can't use the hoover (dyson) on it. It must be something to do with what the rug is made of, plus it has a long pile.

Latest posts

Back