Help, need advice...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
I was really looking forward to receiving some amber earrings today (especially as they were the last in stock) as I had been contacted by Royal Mail to say they were due to be delivered. I contacted my daughter because I was at work and let her know they were due to be delivered, she said she would stay in to sign for them.

I then got a text saying they had been delivered, yay. When I got home tonight my daughter said nothing had been delivered. I went straight onto the Royal Mail site and tracked the number, which said they had been delivered at 11.30 this morning. Not to my house, anyway.

I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them and if it got sorted? I've contacted Royal Mail and Gemporia but I don't see anybody taking responsibility. I'll have to wait and see but I can't believe anybody could be so mean to sign for something that doesn't belong to them and keep my earrings. So annoying.

I had an item that I sent by special delivery. The person I sent it to said that they never received it. I contacted Royal Mail who just sent me a copy of the signature which I had already and clearly wasnt that of the person i had sent it too. I wrote to them again and they never bothered to answer. Unusually for me I didn't follow up as just didn't have the energy to pursue through the bureaucracy of Royal Mail.So good luck with Royal Mail you will have to be persistent. Really the onus is on the person who sent your earrings unless they state in their terms and conditions that they don't take any responsibility for postage.

I kinda know deep down I'll be on a hiding to no where, either Royal Mail will say it's Gemporia's fault and Gemporia will say it's Royal Mail. I feel it's ultimately the person who signed for them which, in my opinion,is theft. Surely they would know they were taking someone else's property.

I was really looking forward to receiving some amber earrings today (especially as they were the last in stock) as I had been contacted by Royal Mail to say they were due to be delivered. I contacted my daughter because I was at work and let her know they were due to be delivered, she said she would stay in to sign for them.

I then got a text saying they had been delivered, yay. When I got home tonight my daughter said nothing had been delivered. I went straight onto the Royal Mail site and tracked the number, which said they had been delivered at 11.30 this morning. Not to my house, anyway.
I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them and if it got sorted? I've contacted Royal Mail and Gemporia but I don't see anybody taking responsibility. I'll have to wait and see but I can't believe anybody could be so mean to sign for something that doesn't belong to them and keep my earrings. So annoying.
The postal service with a tracking number normally needs a signature. If your delivery needed signing, ask to see the signature from the delivery service. Hope this helps?

Problem is, Dave, the signature won't tell me the address it was delivered to. It certainly wasn't mine. I might not even be able to make out the name if it's a rushed squiggle.

Problem is, Dave, the signature won't tell me the address it was delivered to. It certainly wasn't mine. I might not even be able to make out the name if it's a rushed squiggle.

What it will prove is that it was not your signature. Take your drivers licence or other signed documents.

Hi Huggles, I'm assuming you ordered these from Gems Tv or online and are you a new customer? Unless you paid for special delivery which has to be signed for they are usually sent tracked mail, costing £2.95 which does not require a signature and comes with a regular postman through letterbox. All my parcels are sent this way and I receive an email to say it has been despatched with an attached link to track it's progress. I then receive a text from Royal Mail about 7am advising they will attempt delivery that day, then another text as postman is about to pop it through the letterbox! A signature is not required if you have used this service so I don't really understand why someone has signed for it anyway. Just a thought but do you have any place outside where your parcel could possibly have been left, eg shed, recycling bin, side porch or garage? I'm wondering if postman has signed something on your behalf and left elsewhere than your house- (shouldn't do I know but does happen). I think I would be contacting customer services at Gemporia and asking them to verify what address your parcel has been addressed to and explain that RM is claiming it has been delivered and has a signature! Be polite but firm that your parcel has NOT been delivered to your address and ask them to chase it with RM, they too can ask to see who signed for it and it is their fault if it has been wrongly addressed. I personally have never had any problems with Gems deliveries in 9 years of purchasing but I only ever order by telephone so I can talk to a real operator and used to have deliveries to my work address when they used the courier service (which had to be signed for) but no need now because they arrive through regular post and posted as advised on the day. I'm sorry you have been disappointed if this has been your first purchase but I'm sure they will sort things for you if you speak to them, customer services are usually very helpful with any problems. Let us know how you get on, Regards TopazTrish

Hi Huggles, me again. Forgot to add that if you were able to track the delivery with RM and tracking number, you should also be able to verify what address said parcel was delivered to. Speak to Gemporia first and then be very persistent with RM because they will know precisely who delivered your parcel too.

Thanks, TopazTrish. The only reason I think it must have been signed for is the Royal Mail site has this under there tracking service, why else would they text you before the delivery? I assume as I had ordered earrings they wouldn't have had a problem putting them through the letter box and supposing it was a huge package wouldn't they have popped a card through the door saying they had left them somewhere?
I appreciate all the replies. I'll keep you posted with the out come. Fingers crossed I get my money back or they appear, by some miracle.

I had this happen once with Gems where I got the 'it will be delivered' and "it has been delivered' texts. I asked Gems about it and they said to speak with Royal Mail but to come back to them if I still had probs. When RM looked they said the item had been mis-sorted and so had gone to the wrong postal area. I think it took maybe one or two more days for it to arrive.

We'll tie me down and tickle my toes, they arrived today. I am absolutely thrilled that they are safely attached to my ears. Wonder why they managed to arrive now after allegedly being delivered yesterday? Thanks for the replies, everyone :)

Latest posts

Back