Damaged Parcel Deliveries Aargh!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Is it just me, or is anybody else having damaged deliveries...not just with Q :mysmilie_51:

Ordered direct from Thorntons and the parcel was delivered by Hermes, obviously dropped as one corner caved in, choccies were all over the place and box damaged.

Same with M&S via Parcel Force, items were in plastic bag, driver handed it to me saying "parcel for you" as he did the contents practically fell out, it had been torn from side to side. He just walked off and I was left on the doorstep absolutely gobsmacked...phoned Parcel Force, guy apologised and said he shouldn't have done that and he would be having words, asked if anything was damaged, which it wasn't and that was that! Sent email to M&S together with pics, they need to know how items are being delivered.

So annoyed, people pay a premium for things and postage, such a shame that they don't treat your parcels as if their own...to be expected this time of year...Merry Christmas:mysmilie_7:

Had two deliveries yesterday one Hermes the other Royal Mail, free shipping both boxes perfect condition.

I will say its the company you bought from not using heavy enough boxes.

With me it was an order from Debenhams. Two items arrived in one large mailing bag with a 'fragile' sticker. One item was wrapped in bubble wrap and was okay, however the other item was an electric soupmaker in its own box but not protected by any bubble wrap. This arrived with a gouge in the side of the box and two caved in corners, okay if it was for me but it was a birthday gift for a friend. I was disappointed but had no time to return it before her birthday, so I just had to apologize to the recipient about the state of the box. Such a shame about the lack of thought and care.

I can't say I'm too surprised to hear of parcels arriving damaged. A couple of years ago, I purchased the Blaupunkt TV that was a TSV. The TV itself was fine when it arrived, but the delivery driver asked if I'd be able to help him get it off the van as it was large and fairly awkward. I got into the back of his transit and was a bit shocked about the state of things in there. All the parcels due for delivery were just heaped into a large pile in the centre of the floor. The TV had been put right at the top of this pile so the driver literally climbed up onto the pile to get it down. I dread to think that anything he stood on might have been fragile or of a "do not bend" variety. He wasn't at all careful about where he was planting his bloomin' great boots!

We've also had problems with M&S deliveries. On her birthday, mum received a boxed up bouquet of M&S flowers from her sister in Nottingham. Well, I say received but it was actually the downstairs neighbour who passed them on to us as she found the box sitting in the middle of the car park behind the building. No card had been left to say there was any attempt at delivery, so anyone could have walked off with them and we'd never have known. M&S weren't even apologetic about it when we complained. (As a note, similar thing this year but M&S messed up and sent two lots!)

Reading this reminded me of a few years ago we order a bed frame from ebay, and the Parcel force driver did not think it was odd delivering, just the the deliver note. Fortunately other half contacted the seller who sent a replacement via a courier and he was going to claim from parcel force.

I had a parcel of candles from qvc delivered by Hermes. All smashed. Told qvc who said would resend. Didn't have any so gotta letter telling me to return them for a refund!!! Rang them and said why should I pay to return smashed glass. Immediately apologised and sent a refund.

Latest posts

Back