Anyone ever had a non-delivery of an expensive (well to me anyway) item?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AmethystRox

Registered Shopper
I ordered several items over a few days including some Alpha H and 2 Tiffany lamps. Everything ordered just before and after this missing lamp was delivered except the expensive item. Ordered the lamp on a Sunday the day before the shows on a Monday. I have called QVC and the form they send in such a situation finally arrived. I signed it today and posted it.

Over the weekend I emailed QVC about the missing lamp, just to have contacted them in writing. As of today, before QVC has had the chance to receive the signed form, "Returned" has been put on my account.

I doubt I'll get the lamp this time. But what has me wondering is the delivery guy (new to me, the other one must have quit or gone on to something better) had asked me during this week of deliveries (I ordered two exact same items of Alpha H during the same show but they were both delivered separately on different days) if I had received a delivery that wasn't mine. I told him that I have only received what I ordered and was still expecting two more things. One lamp came so I told him I was expecting a second one. He said maybe on Monday.

What worries me a bit is that when I sign the electronic hand held gadget, there is nothing there stating what I am signing for. The deliverymen click away with the stylus thingy or read the barcode, then hand it to me. There's just an empty box for my signature. I have no idea what I am exactly signing for and get no receipt. Up til now I have trusted the delivery people but with such a dear item going missing I now wonder if I signed that I received it when I haven't. I've trusted that the correct info has been keyed in and I am acknowledging reciept of it. Now I have become a bit sceptical. Afterall it's something that is costly, not a piece of jewellry under £10 or 20.

I suppose I'll find out what happened to it if QVC does investigate missing parcels and find it. But from now on I think I'll ask for a printed copy of what I have signed for since all I see on the hand machine is a blank box waiting for my signature.

If your account shows the item as returned already then it looks like it has actually got back to them. Maybe it got lost somewhere in the delivery process. I wouldn't think that they would believe you are responsible for this.

i'm staggered with the way they entrust very expensive but small items to Royal Mail (not even signed for) whilst things that are much less value get the courier service. I ordered a chopping board set a couple of months ago - last clicks £8.79 plus £1 postage (item 827300 still available and they're very good) . The courier brought it and I had to sign. Yet when I bought a watch for £150 it was entrusted to the postman and didnt even need a signature on receipt.

its totally inconsistent and bonkers.

I had a scrap book left inside the recycling bin and no card through the door to say it was there. Only when I rang to complain to cs and they said they had a record to say it was delivered did the bin idea crop up. :taphead:

I hadn't thought before about signing a "blank box" so thanks for drawing my attention to it, Ame.

Well I guess I was worried that QVC could possibly come back to me and say that I had signed for it and I wouldn't know what I had indeed signed for as after the delivery guy ticks and checks several things on the screen, presents the gadge to me for signing, there's only the blank box space. I see no description as to what I'm signing for. To be completely sceptical, he could click that I received both items (lamps in this case) and I wouldn't know the difference.

Hubby says he doesn't sign unless he can get a receipt as to what he's signing for. I thought now you tell me. I trust the ParcelForce man completely because I see him out and about a lot and speak to him from time to time. Some of the couriers change from delivery to delivery. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Guess I'll be more careful from now on.

It's my first missing parcel and it would be something pricey. I guess QVC believes me as CS has credited the status with a "Return" --but I didn't return it, it never got delivered.

This happened to me with quite an expensive printer, but QVC were fine about it, once you have signed the form, they take it up with the courier company/Royal Mail or whatever if the item doesn't get returned to them undelivered.

Take no notice if them putting 'returned' on there-that seems to be just the generic description they use when they refund you, as I have queried it several times and that is what they have told me.

What worries me a bit is that when I sign the electronic hand held gadget, there is nothing there stating what I am signing for. The deliverymen click away with the stylus thingy or read the barcode, then hand it to me. There's just an empty box for my signature. I have no idea what I am exactly signing for and get no receipt. Up til now I have trusted the delivery people but with such a dear item going missing I now wonder if I signed that I received it when I haven't. I've trusted that the correct info has been keyed in and I am acknowledging reciept of it. Now I have become a bit sceptical.

But the point of the electronic signature system is you can view the signature online and it should be attached to the tracking number of the item you're signing for. QVC are an exception here because they don't provide the customer with a tracking number upon despatch, but most retailers do, meaning you can track a parcel and view the signature of the person who signed for it. Presumably QVC would be able to track parcels and view signatures, even if customers can't?

Latest posts

Back