Scanner Guard 4 Pack TSV 23/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scanner Guard 4 Pack Family Bundle RFID Protection Anti Scan Cards
Item Number: 505700
QVC Price £33.00
Today's Special Value Price £26.96
P&P £2.95

These credit card sized Scanner Guard Cards are composed from a mixture of metals that stop thieves from scanning for personal and financial information on your cards, mobile phone and passport, which dramatically reduces the risk of identity fraud. With contactless technology rapidly on the rise, what better way to protect yourself from digital pickpocketing than with a four-pack of these flexible devices that simply slot into your wallet or purse and provide you with security and endless peace of mind.

On your guard - for a surprisingly small amount of money a thief can buy a RFID (radio frequency identification) scanner. This can easily be concealed in a bag and used to scan for information from contactless cards and passports when walking past someone - the data can then be used fraudulently. These ingenious scanner guards eradicate the risk of this wireless identity theft when kept besides your cards and gadgets.

How it works - each Scanner Guard Card is composed of a mixture of metals that disrupt a RFID scanner from reading the signals that give access to your data. In short, by placing a card either side of the cards in your wallet, they keep you protected from fraud without having to sacrifice the ease of using contactless devices.

Convenient design - thin, lightweight and flexible, this brilliant gadget fits into the card slots in your wallet or purse perfectly, protecting not just your credit cards but your library, gym, work and all other ones too.

Share the security - with eight cards provided in each bundle, you can ensure your family or friends are protected too.

Cards last a lifetime if used correctly
Two black and two colour card packs
Cards (l x w x d): 8.5cm x 5.4cm x 0.1cm (3.3" x 2.1" x 0.04")

Design options:

Black/leopard
Blue/black
Pink/black
Red/black

What's in the box?

4 x Scanner Guard Card packs (2 cards per pack)

Behind the brand
Scanner Guard Card is a brand born out of the necessity to find a solution to contactless fraud. With an increase in credit card and identity fraud alongside the wave of new contactless card technology, it’s never been more important to ensure your wallet and purses are secured.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/Scanner-Guard-...tml?sc=WFMALL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-505700

I've heard that pieces of foil in between your cards works just as well and it's cheaper

I've heard that pieces of foil in between your cards works just as well and it's cheaper

Won't look as attractive though, Nora, quite ugly in fact. And a bit of a faff, having to unwrap the card each time you want to use it. Who will be the first presenter to assure us, it will protect our Morrisons & More , and our Nectar cards?:mysmilie_15:

Last edited:
Any old metal case will do, you don't need special metals as in the first paragraph of Q's blurb

A metal specs case would do, or any other metal case of a suitable size

Love how they pitch these by exaggerating the risk. Most of us have cards clustered together in wallets. In effect, they provide too messy a signal to be read. (Bear in mind too, that you aren't personally liable unless you've given data away - such as by telling someone your PIN).

Any old metal case will do, you don't need special metals as in the first paragraph of Q's blurb

A metal specs case would do, or any other metal case of a suitable size

Howdy doody Strato, not seen you for a bit - lovely to hear from you!

Justine is a talented opera singer - wasted on the Q - but, displaying the "Guard your ID" item, she said she was using her mum's pill bottles. Name on said prescriptive label? Mrs A N Other. I always thought those letters were used instead of the actual name. Just being lighthearted.

Didn't see it. What was the error? The price they sell for on QVC US would deter me from buying, on principle. Rip off.

The presenter said she had lost $5k the week before, then went onto say its was 150x $69.99 transactions at the same store, which adds up to over $10k, no very convincing you could see her thinking what to say, pure lies IMO

The presenter said she had lost $5k the week before, then went onto say its was 150x $69.99 transactions at the same store, which adds up to over $10k, no very convincing you could see her thinking what to say, pure lies IMO

Funny you should say that. I've got more and more annoyed recently at the rubbish they spout to "justify" why we must buy their stuff. Some of the claims and statements are just so ridiculous that you can see it in their faces. I imagine they are under a great deal of pressure to push push push that they come out with claptrap without realising it.

Well she put her right hand up to god, so will probably be struck down by lightning soon :)

You cannot lie to customers; it will always come back, and bite you on the backside. Tell the truth, and you don't need a good memory. Naughty, And how embarrassing. I should think QVC UK presenters roll out the same spiel. I have thought that, when listening to some of the 'experiences' they report to us.

You cannot lie to customers; it will always come back, and bite you on the backside. Tell the truth, and you don't need a good memory. Naughty, And how embarrassing. I should think QVC UK presenters roll out the same spiel. I have thought that, when listening to some of the 'experiences' they report to us.

To be a good liar you need a good memory!

The problem is, the creative process of lying happens in a different part of the brain to the storage of memories about real facts or events. You have to be smarter than the average QVC presenter to carry it off long term!

Is the presenter Gill Gauntlet? I've got to the point when she presents that I would not buy anything that she is promoting. I do not trust her at all.

Well I think they are praying on older customers....putting fear into them about getting caught out, it worked on my mum and dad, they bought them months ago.
They told me I should get some, I told them the amount of cards,junk, keys in my purse and bag, good luck to anyone trying to scan them.
I suppose it makes them feel safer but they didn't know about scanning before QVC and had never been caught out- not to say they wouldn't in the future but I think it's a shame that this sort of marketing makes people more wRy of the digital age we are in, rather than embrace and learn about it

Latest posts

Back