sigh of relief

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I see Lulu's upcoming tour has had dates added "due to public demand" :mysmilie_15: Thankfully none are near to where I live !!! can you imagine the congestion on the roads due to traffic queues fighting for a parking space ?:mysmilie_500:

Don't worry Brissles if you can't make it she'll probably sell a DVD of the show on QVC...it'll make the perfect Xmas/Mothers' Day/Engagement or Bar Mitzvah present!

I'm hoping she'll take the stage at the V Festival here in Chelmsford this summer. The crowds would stay away in droves thus relieving the 3-day gridlock on our roads and the crowds of blokes queuing to use the hedges in Tesco's car park as a urinal.

I see Lulu's upcoming tour has had dates added "due to public demand" :mysmilie_15: Thankfully none are near to where I live !!! can you imagine the congestion on the roads due to traffic queues fighting for a parking space ?:mysmilie_500:

I think the queues are more likely to be from traffic escaping the towns/cities to avoid all that SHOUTING!!!:nod:

I'm not a fan but her version of The Man Who Sold The World is pretty good.But then it was produced by David Bowie himself.I like To Sir With Love,the film ,being an Eastender it makes me very nostalgic .

I won't be joining the frenzy to see Lulu though.I can see her flogging a Cd on Q.

The only one of her songs I ever really liked, although the theme song to "To Sir, With Love" (the film was on TV a few months ago) wasn't bad. Didn't she do the theme song to one of the Bond films, although without checking I can't remember which film it was (The Man with the Golden Gun?).

I'm not a fan but her version of The Man Who Sold The World is pretty good.But then it was produced by David Bowie himself.I like To Sir With Love,the film ,being an Eastender it makes me very nostalgic .

I won't be joining the frenzy to see Lulu though.I can see her flogging a Cd on Q.

Last edited:
And that was......... how long ago ?????? (I always preferred Dusty anyway - now there was a woman who COULD sing)

I wouldn't count on it, they loved her at Glastonbury last year.

There seems to be a thing recently at Glastonbury that if you are over a certain age the very fact that you can stand on your own seems to elevate you to being an icon even if you can no longer reach the notes.

I think she has always been a superb performer, right from the start when she was only a very young teenager.

And she looks better now than she did then. It must be the LULU skin creams that she mixes up during breaks in the recording studio.

There seems to be a thing recently at Glastonbury that if you are over a certain age the very fact that you can stand on your own seems to elevate you to being an icon even if you can no longer reach the notes.

According to the gang of young things I work with, who all trudge off to wallow knee deep in Glastonbury mud every year, "Lulu was ****** brilliant!"

Can we expect to see Barbara Windsor there next ? with her rendition of Sparrows cant Sing .......:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back