Oh So Slim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grannygarden

Registered Shopper
A bit of a contradiction in terms. Ronni Nichole OSS looks horrendous on the larger lady modelling at the mo and as for Julia being a size 12, why does't she go for a size which actually fits her so things aren't so tight.

The "plus" (hate the term) size model is a very attractive looking young lady. They should get her to have a bra fitting as she has the 4-boob look going on. Plus, even though she is obviously wearing shapewear (and I don't mean OSS) on her lower half, she is still in a size too small.

The dress Julia is wearing is horrible. I don't think it's the worst I've ever seen her look in terms of a quart poured into a pint pot, but it looks ghastly on her, and on Deborah-Ann. It actually looks better on the bigger model (they're modelling it on screen now). Black tights and ankle boots don't go on this dress, in my opinion (a look both Deborah-Ann and Julia are wearing).

I was going to start a thread on the very same thing! The larger, more normal looking model looked absolutely horrendous in everything. She was squeezed into dresses that were a size too small and the length was just wrong for her. The poor girl looked shocking, l really felt for her. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her curvy figure and l think in the correct fitting clothes at the right length she would have knocked the socks of the other models. Yes, l also agree Julia looked ridiculous in the thing she was wearing. Nothing l have seen today would make me try this range.

The worst range on QVC in my opinion. I have tried their dresses in the past and honestly even going up 2 sizes I still looked like a sausage popping out its skin! They sell this range in a big discount store in Florida for $19 per dress! Even then it's probably too much.

I also thought the dresses did no favours for either model but especially the larger lady and one particular gaudy patterned dress .It looked horrible and I cannot see how it would sell. She actually has a good figure and looked good in some of Renees maxi dresses , but this ugh......

My one Ronnie Nicole dress I got years ago ,I cut out the lining and it was much better.I wore it a lot as a tunic.

I was going to start a thread on the very same thing! The larger, more normal looking model looked absolutely horrendous in everything. She was squeezed into dresses that were a size too small and the length was just wrong for her. The poor girl looked shocking, l really felt for her. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her curvy figure and l think in the correct fitting clothes at the right length she would have knocked the socks of the other models. Yes, l also agree Julia looked ridiculous in the thing she was wearing. Nothing l have seen today would make me try this range.

I totally agree, in the correct clothes she would look absolutely stunning but Ronni did nothing for her. Curvy girls in clothes which fit look just as good as skinny Minnies.

The "plus" (hate the term) size model is a very attractive looking young lady. They should get her to have a bra fitting as she has the 4-boob look going on. Plus, even though she is obviously wearing shapewear (and I don't mean OSS) on her lower half, she is still in a size too small.

The dress Julia is wearing is horrible. I don't think it's the worst I've ever seen her look in terms of a quart poured into a pint pot, but it looks ghastly on her, and on Deborah-Ann. It actually looks better on the bigger model (they're modelling it on screen now). Black tights and ankle boots don't go on this dress, in my opinion (a look both Deborah-Ann and Julia are wearing).

Yes I thought it looked better on the bigger model, but too short for her.

I saw her in a lace creation several sizes too small and far too short.

Later on three or four models in a row were wearing a plain 50's style in at the waist, flared shirt. Now this is a style I personally don't like but the plus model was the best looking one of the 4 of them. Unfortunately her bust was giving Joy's chesticles a good run for their money.

It is a sure sign, when dresses on the better upholstered models are much shorter, that they are in the wrong size. Knitted fabrics are designed to expand. If they are extremely busy expanding in one direction, there's not much left to expand in another direction. I am sure if they put the larger model into the correct size the dress would appear to be a more appropriate length.

I don't think I've ever watched Julia on a fashion hour without hearing her say .."this is a small that I'm wearing"... or "I'm in a medium, and there's plenty of room". At the same time, I've usually been thinking to myself that she could do with going up at least one size, the creases and clinging are clues that she's in the wrong size, plus the fact that she can't move her arms without ripping something or dislocating her shoulders - simples! Self-delusion seems to be the order of the day IMO.

Self delusion indeed. I often look at people and wonder what persuaded them to buy their outfit. I volunteer in a charity shop which has a lot of good quality clothes and often see people buying things that don't fit at all. Sometimes they ask for my opinion in which case I will gently point out the shortcomings of the garment and try to steer them towards something else. They listen but don't really want to hear and buy the wrong thing anyway. I guess there are deep rooted reasons for such behaviour. I don't know what they are but it's very common. I could never be the sort of shop assistant who tells people they look wonderful in everything.

I bought a Ronni Nicole dress off Ebay , It was at least a size above what I thought would fit me...I lost pounds in weight trying to get it off:sweat:...imho they are cheap and nasty.

I really don`t see the need to incessantly mention `plus size model` if you hear it once in an hour you hear it a hundred times they don`t need to keep asking the poor girl what size she`s in there`s no need for it ...we are fully aware of the range of sizes and which model is wearing the `plus size` !! I hope they get paid well too for being made to look as though they`ve been poured into the dresses !! ....and someone has requested more `shark bite` tops ...is it just me who think they are hideous and size up everyone`s hips!!

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that the model Natasha (I think that's her name) looked awful in a couple of the dresses due to them being too small. I also thought that the model that was wearing the taupe dress during one of the morning shows should have been in a bigger size as you could see the outline of her underwear. Not a good selling point.

I don't know why they have to insist squeezing them into dresses which are too small. Natasha would have looked OK had she worn the right size, she says she is a 16 but l beg to differ. Maybe she squeezes into a 16 and would be better a size up. They do say TV makes you look bigger so maybe l am being a bit unkind. The other thing that really annoys me about Ronni Nicole dresses is the length of them. The are always far too short and sit on or above the knee. My legs are like tree trunks and l have no knees to speak of! I really need dresses and skirts which sit below the knee or mid calf length.QVC never listen though!!!

I always think these 'o so slim' or similar undergarment items just move the fat about......it has to go somewhere! So you either are sucked into a sausage shape or the 'extra padding' pops out the top (cleavage or under arms) or the bottom or even at your knees if the suck in bit is that long! Can't be comfortable.

I've always thought this must be a very difficult part of working in a fashion environment. People will often fall I love with a particular garment for whatever reason, or think it's a 'must have' because it's a bargain price, but it doesn't follow that they look good in it. How to point out the cons without offending someone is hard work.
Self delusion indeed. I often look at people and wonder what persuaded them to buy their outfit. I volunteer in a charity shop which has a lot of good quality clothes and often see people buying things that don't fit at all. Sometimes they ask for my opinion in which case I will gently point out the shortcomings of the garment and try to steer them towards something else. They listen but don't really want to hear and buy the wrong thing anyway. I guess there are deep rooted reasons for such behaviour. I don't know what they are but it's very common. I could never be the sort of shop assistant who tells people they look wonderful in everything.

I really don`t see the need to incessantly mention `plus size model` if you hear it once in an hour you hear it a hundred times they don`t need to keep asking the poor girl what size she`s in there`s no need for it ...we are fully aware of the range of sizes and which model is wearing the `plus size` !! I hope they get paid well too for being made to look as though they`ve been poured into the dresses !! ....and someone has requested more `shark bite` tops ...is it just me who think they are hideous and size up everyone`s hips!!

No, not just you. Whoever is wanting them is sure to find some when the Anthony TSV appears.

Well, they might say someone has requested more shark bite tops, but personally I'd treat anything they say with a large pinch of salt.....can it be that they just happen to have about 10 million shark bites from one range or another on order, I wonder? The laughable thing is that they are obsessed with mentioning....."Freda is wearing the size (whatever)" or asking what size the model is in, but they aren't worried about pouring the models into clothes that are far too tight, nor are they worried about not being able to quote the correct colour descriptions or sizings, even when it's written on a card for them. Nothing would put me off something quicker than being given incorrect or incomplete info. and seeing someone wearing the item and looking like an over-stuffed settee cushion. It does nothing for the item of clothing at all IMO.

Latest posts

Back