Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calender 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
I have heard it is available from 10th November so be quick if you want one.
Spend £35 and buy calender for £35.

I bought one today from my local M&S. They had hundreds on display. They are quite heavy and each small box is well made. Would make a lovely present.

I got one today. I thought I'd have to get there early but my local store had quite a lot in, in various different departments. I half considered going back tomorrow for another.

Hi miss Molly yes I have ordered one, love the little boxes and I will reuse them to do stocking fillers. My girls love their beauty so will pop a couple in their stocking and keep the ones I love!

Not for me, although I thought it might be, but looking at the list of contents, I wasn't really excited by them at all. Thank goodness... Those of you going for it, I hope you enjoy the contents.

I got one yesterday, what an ordeal.
I went into the Hull store, the place was full of them but could i find anything to buy...no
so went to Vanguard Branch in York with my parents thinking that between us we should find something. We were in there for ****** hours, eventually my dad bought some slippers and a pack of baubles taking him over £35 so he got the calendar and I bought it off him so it only cost me £35 so well chuffed.

I can see why they are thinking of turning some stores into Food only stores, everything clothes wise is terrible!

both stores were drowning under calendars and in the hours we were in M&S other then mine, I didn't see anyone get one mind you nobody was buying anything though!

I've recently started buying my jeans in M&S. Bought 2 pairs of cord jeans with 5% elastane in long length. They are so warm and comfortable. I bought them on a day when they had 20% off with a gift voucher that I had been given. I also buy my bras in there. Otherwise nothing, I agree clothes are not good.

I'd be sorry to see our M&S close or become food only. I really like Autograph makeup, Rosie makeup, Pure skincare, Autograph nail Polish, collection superskinny jeans, long-sleeved tshirts. Never been able to get their bras to fit, much prefer John Lewis.

My one bra fitting in M&S years ago resulted in a completely unsuitable, ill-fitting recommendation. I didn't buy. Their team, certainly at that time (over 10 years ago now) were not properly trained. The best trained in the business work for Rigby & Peller. The Bravissimo fitters are quite good. John Lewis are my regular go-to, or occasionally Fenwicks.

I like the camisoles, nightwear, dressing gowns, socks and tops in M&S. I don't tend to get on with their trousers these days. They used to be my go-to but the standard length are too short and the long too long... I also like the cosmetics and other beauty products. Love the food. Finding the gems in the clothing department requires a lot of patience these days... but I've had some roaring successes as well as some underwhelming results.

I have dithered for days but did not get it this year as a lot of the products I have tried already and got the Liberty one but it looks lovely.

Does anyone know please whether M&S only stock cosmetics from suppliers known 'cruelty free'?
I know their own products are but am unsure about others.I was considering getting the Advent Calendar for myself and daughter to share.

I got one yesterday, what an ordeal.
I went into the Hull store, the place was full of them but could i find anything to buy...no
so went to Vanguard Branch in York with my parents thinking that between us we should find something. We were in there for ****** hours, eventually my dad bought some slippers and a pack of baubles taking him over £35 so he got the calendar and I bought it off him so it only cost me £35 so well chuffed.

I can see why they are thinking of turning some stores into Food only stores, everything clothes wise is terrible!

both stores were drowning under calendars and in the hours we were in M&S other then mine, I didn't see anyone get one mind you nobody was buying anything though!

I think the food has been carrying M&S for quite some time. They've been trying to fix their clothing for ages, but I don't think they know who their target audience is. It's just a strange mix, in the main, and not the sort of thing that you see normal people walking about in. I'd imagine their lingerie still does well, and I thought the beauty was a great addition, but then beauty's always a great addition in my book! :mysmilie_59: Maybe if they've overestimated the demand in store, they'll stick a few more advent calendars online. I would quite like to get one for my sister.

Does anyone know please whether M&S only stock cosmetics from suppliers known 'cruelty free'?
I know their own products are but am unsure about others.I was considering getting the Advent Calendar for myself and daughter to share.

It would mean looking every individual product up, but they do state under each product listing whether the item is vegetarian and cruelty free. The calendar contents is listed here:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/the-...ndar_SubCategory_9129262_LP_hero_static_1_img

You'd need to check each brand individually on cruelty free international website. The only ones I know that are certified cruelty free in the calendar, other than their own brand, are neal's yard bee lovely handcream, burts bees lip balm, josh wood hair oil.

Burts Bees is owned by the company Clorox who do test on animals, so Burts Bees isn't necessarily cruelty free.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...free&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari . Mind you, anyone who buys their beauty products from QVC is technically contributing to the world of animal cruelty products as 99% of their beauty are tested on animals.

Burts Bees, like the Body Shop and Liz Earle, are certified cruelty free but their parent companies aren't. For me, its whether the parent co that tests is profiting -v- a successful cruelty free business demonstrating it can remain profitable. The question mark over Burts Bees is whether they can retain their status in relation to avoiding testing for the Chinese market.

As you say, almost all the brands sold by qvc are not cruelty free, which is why I stopped buying several years ago.

Latest posts

Back