Rainbow sapphires

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh they are really lovely Miss M, I love the rainbow sapphires, enjoy wearing them

Update: now received, and they are gorgeous.

(In fact I subsequently saw them go for £75, but decided it wasn't quite worth postage both ways plus hassle to save the difference.)

Hi Miss Magpie

I looove your earrings and have set myself and family the task of getting me a full set of rainbow sapphires but tonight I managed to get this cross for £77 and I think it is a bargain as it is 3.04 ct of sapphires in white gold

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=081 567

I cannot wait for it to arrive.
I hope you get as much pleasure wearing your lovely earrings as I intend to get with this;)
BTW Can anyone remember the lady from Ideal World, I think, who did collections of rainbow sapphires, it was those that set me off on wanting them so much but IIRC they were VERY expensive but very exquisite. It had somthing to do with the channel setting and colour grading in to the most amazing rainbow effect which was just WOW!

Yes, her name is Judy Mayfield and her pieces are very expensive, but also very beautiful - I guess you get what you pay for! Have you thought of contacting Trent at BKK Gemstones (bkkgemstones.com)? They are based in Thailand and quite a few members of this forum have some of his pieces. I have a ring and a pendant. The stones are not top quality, but the graduation is very good, as are the prices. He quite often does specials and will also design a piece to your own specifications. It might be worth a look for you.

If you want my honest opinion, the Judy Mayfield pieces are just overpriced; but she probably started out with very little competition, so people were prepared to pay the price for such a beautiful and unique look.

I'm sure she uses the finest stones, but if you look very closely (which I do 'cos I'm a pedant) the colour graduation is not always 100% perfect. My first rainbow sapphire piece was an 18k ILIANA bracelet from TJC, with very fine stones and the best colour graduation I've ever seen - that cost £550.

Your bracelet sounds lovely MissM, I didn't know that TJC does rainbow sapphire pieces. I agree with you, the Judy Mayfield pieces are overpriced I think because of her name. I had a ring, but sent it back because, although beautiful, the stones were really very small. I paid either £399 or £499 (quite a few years ago, so can't remember), but the carat weight was very low. Needed my glasses on to really appreciate it and as it was so long ago (6 years+?), I wasn't nearly as blind as I am now!

Thanks for that Jaqualina, It was Judy Mayfield... the bad lady tempted me with her wares but at the time my purse couldnt rise to the challenge;) I have had a look the BKK site and I have earmarked a few items because of the graduation and channel setting and prices are not OTT so thanks for the heads up on that....:)

My Sapphire Cross pendant came today and I am so pleased with it. There is a good weight to it and the sapphires are a very acceptable size for the price the 3 in the middle are very Padparascha looking and the colour matching is very good indeed. I would reccomend this item to anyone wanting Rainbow Sapphire for their collection.

Tootsie :24:

Yes, her name is Judy Mayfield and her pieces are very expensive, but also very beautiful - I guess you get what you pay for! Have you thought of contacting Trent at BKK Gemstones (bkkgemstones.com)? They are based in Thailand and quite a few members of this forum have some of his pieces. I have a ring and a pendant. The stones are not top quality, but the graduation is very good, as are the prices. He quite often does specials and will also design a piece to your own specifications. It might be worth a look for you.

Thanks for that Jaqualina, It was Judy Mayfield... the bad lady tempted me with her wares but at the time my purse couldnt rise to the challenge;) I have had a look the BKK site and I have earmarked a few items because of the graduation and channel setting and prices are not OTT so thanks for the heads up on that....:)

My Sapphire Cross pendant came today and I am so pleased with it. There is a good weight to it and the sapphires are a very acceptable size for the price the 3 in the middle are very Padparascha looking and the colour matching is very good indeed. I would reccomend this item to anyone wanting Rainbow Sapphire for their collection.

Tootsie :24:

Just wanted to add that I have a ring from BKK and it's beautiful - all the better because he had it made in size I for me, I couldn't buy any of the shopping telly ones because of channel set rings not resizing.
Trent's great to deal with.

BKK featured gemstones

These were in an email from Trent yesterday mentioning his newly acquired and rare green and pink tanzanites.

Thanks Anne.....I had completely forgotten about that discount! :53:

...But don't forget the Rocks & Co rainbow sapphires - there are loads on at the moment!

...But don't forget the Rocks & Co rainbow sapphires - there are loads on at the moment!

Yes and they are lovely aren't they miss m I've just bought the exact earrings you've purchased, just waiting for them to arrive!
think I might have a small :54: rainbow sapphire addication

think I might have a small :54: rainbow sapphire addication

LOL - Me too, Panda! (Almost as bad as the rainbow moonstone one!) I've always loved them, but it's not usually possible to get such a variety of designs or good prices. I also now have a RS bracelet and pendant from Rocks & Co.

Latest posts

Back