Julia R

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if Julia realises how insecure and mean-spirited her behaviour on air makes her look? I wonder if she would care?
For several years it has become notable how often she uses nasty put-downs on air and follows it up with "only joking" type comments.
In recent memory she has been horrible to Alison Reilly on her return from gruelling cancer treatment that caused her hair loss, and more recently she has been horrible on air to Carla Laszlo, of all people.
I do not think these are attractive traits, in fact I think they are toxic. Putting down others to make you seem better is not a good look.
I suppose it could all be just an act, and in real life she may be a much nicer person than her on air persona makes her look... but I'm sure there was a time when she was both professional and likeable. I know I used to enjoy shows she presented in the early days.
Is it coincidence that my original 2 faves, Julia and Debbie, are now in my most disliked? Sadly, not.

I did see the comment made to Carla Laszlo and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch. There is no point making comments that could possibly hurt people and say things like only teasing/joking. The fact that she has a tendency to say hurtful things and then to add the only joking business shows that she is aware of what she has just done. I get zero enjoyment watching that. I did see her strongly hinting for a free shower gel and saying that they need to try things at home and blog about them. Why would she need a sample of that particular shower gel when she clearly stated she is running out and her whole family love it? She obviously knows what’s it’s like. These are just 2 very recent examples. I have witnessed similar behaviour and showing off on a regular basis and for me it makes uncomfortable reading. Of course I am very sorry that she has serious health issues and I hope her medication keeps her condition under control and that new treatments are found. That is a whole different issue to behaving in ways that make some people uncomfortable. They are not tuning into the Julia Roberts show. They are tuning in to watch QVC.

I did see the comment made to Carla Laszlo and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch. There is no point making comments that could possibly hurt people and say things like only teasing/joking. The fact that she has a tendency to say hurtful things and then to add the only joking business shows that she is aware of what she has just done. I get zero enjoyment watching that. I did see her strongly hinting for a free shower gel and saying that they need to try things at home and blog about them. Why would she need a sample of that particular shower gel when she clearly stated she is running out and her whole family love it? She obviously knows what’s it’s like. These are just 2 very recent examples. I have witnessed similar behaviour and showing off on a regular basis and for me it makes uncomfortable reading. Of course I am very sorry that she has serious health issues and I hope her medication keeps her condition under control and that new treatments are found. That is a whole different issue to behaving in ways that make some people uncomfortable. They are not tuning into the Julia Roberts show. They are tuning in to watch QVC.
i thought her comment to Carla was unnecessary and not very nice. I hate when she follows up with "only joking" as you know she's not.

That's me told then ...
I haven’t disagreed with you. She does come across to me as rather unpleasant and she is very uncomfortable viewing. No one is happy when people are dealing with health issues but they are not an excuse for behaving as Julia Roberts consistently behaves.
Unfortunately, having been diagnosed with MS in 2004 I was managing but recently my condition has now moved into the Secondary Progressive stage. All this has not caused me to become a show off, full of myself or say hurtful things to people. All the things I see her doing.

There`s a phrase "Seek respect not attention, it lasts longer" and it would do JR some good to adopt it. Whenever she leaves QVC and whenever that may be, that day will arrive sooner or later, does she want to be remembered as an informative, friendly, kind and respectful person or as a know it all, self serving, sarcastic so and so ? She`s been with Q for many years and she should want her legacy to be a good one so people can look back and comment on "the good old days of JR" and not the "thank god she`s finally gone" type of comment.
Nobody is ever remembered by the house they live in, the clothes they wear or the number of diamonds on their fingers, we arrive in this life with nothing, we leave with nothing but seeing as this woman has spent a huge chunk of her life speaking to and engaging with many thousands of the great unwashed public, all be it by selly telly and social media then it would seem a waste of those years to leave behind the negative feelings about her we`ve seen on the forum and probably similar feelings amongst some if not all of her work colleagues, studio staff and guests, though we`ll never find that out.
She`s in the autumn years of her life just like many of us and she has health concerns, also just like many of us and it`s far better for her to sow the seeds which will blossom into positivity around her, rather than those which irritate or aggravate.
Of course none of us, including JR can be liked by everybody but to be liked by many is far better than being disliked by the few instead of vice versa. So if you`re reading this JR, get your ****** act together !

I think the wedding desperation was the clinker for me. Up until then she was the best of a bad lot.

ive come to the conclusion that some are annoying but perhaps not just quite as much me me me as some - thinking K Goldsmith, Micheal, Ann D , Jilly H , Charlie and Dale and even Craig and Jill F

Then there are the truly up their own ass but know their stuff - Chunts (yes!) Ali K, Katy P, Pipa

Then the ones who are so unlikeable and don’t know their arse from their elbow - Spaniel ears, Kramer, Nairn, Everton, Kathy T.

And then there is the 2 queens of Q who have been there so long there must be a plaque on their chairs, and are so secure in their position that they no longer have to make any pretence of being pleasant to the buying public.

Was she always like that and the scales has only fallen from our eyes in recent years or has she morphed into this entitled pensioner ?

I remember when a friend of Marie Francoise had just had a baby who was called Luna. Julia made a comment about the baby’s name. I think it was something like “some parents just don’t think”. Whatever you thought of the name you just wouldn’t say anything.

Vienna, don’t hold your breath for retirement. If Anne Robinson can land Countdown aged 76 there’ll be no timely exit for the qvc incumbents. They’ll keep on showing up as long as they can totter into work.
Julia isn’t the worst presenter by a long chalk imo but arguably she used to be the best. She’s one of the few who can really go into detail about what she’s selling but she’s definitely gone downhill in the vanity department. I think it might help if they couldn’t see themselves on the monitor. It leads to unattractive preening. I’ve never heard any of Julia’s jibes but they sound horrid. I just don’t get it. For all her self congratulation I still think there are some deep seated insecurities there.

I've no idea who she is, so can someone please give a link to one of her online presentations so I know who you are talking about and can judge for myself.
The only ones I recognise are DF (and I think she is the best of the bunch) and Alison K (or is it Y) the one who looks a bit like Lulu.
Oh Strato do please keep up :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
https://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-Supe...243969.html?recommendationLocation=2&sc=GUIDE
And was the presenter who ended up on THE night wearing the 👑☹️

I suppose it is possible to be a regular watcher and not notice the covert nastiness of JR and DF, and Richard Jackson. It could be that when you have notice it once, and found it so jarring, you get sensitized and notice the most subtle as well as the most overt examples.
To me, the best people to be around are the truly kind ones. They won't drown you in flattery, but they won't be cruel if they are offering criticism.
Sadly, I'm not sure how much kindness people experience from their co-workers at Q these days. I fear it may be in short supply.

I have been on this forum for years. For years and years JR has been criticised for her high-handed manner and Queen Bee tendencies. She has always been vain and self-centred. I am sure she knows what people have been saying about her. She will put it all down to jealousy.

She will never change. She doesn't care.

I have been on this forum for years. For years and years JR has been criticised for her high-handed manner and Queen Bee tendencies. She has always been vain and self-centred. I am sure she knows what people have been saying about her. She will put it all down to jealousy.

I honestly think the descent has become more pronounced, and knowing two of the younger guests, who have been having a rough time of it off-air, have been her target on air has really exposed her in her true light. When she was diagnosed with leukaemia I think she will have been treated with compassion by her colleagues. It seems a pity she can't return the favour.
I can't imagine being jealous of someone exhibiting toxic behaviour just because they are on tv

I actually like Julia Roberts and always have enjoyed
Message to Julia Robert, I think you’ve got yourself mixed up with the Hollywood A lister Julia Roberts, not the Chiswick High Street shopping telly assistant who can’t even get a blue tick off Twitter etc to verify you’re a celebrity, which means you’re not a celebrity. so if I was Queen Julia, I wouldn’t shout from the roof tops that I’m on cheesy QVC, rated poor on Trustpilot 👍

I didn’t see it, but I’d expect nothing less from her, that comment she made absolutely reeks of desperation and narcissism. I wonder if she knows you can be successful without being on tv.
Oh I’ve heard her say before “I’m the Original Julia Roberts”

Yes, I think you’re right sadly

Latest posts

Back