Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had the misfortune to be bought a garages watch once, they paid £99 quid on TJC for it and I looked on I think it was either Ali express or gear best can’t remember which one and almost identical watch was 20 dollars, we shouldn’t be surprised as on baby fields linkedin page he started a drop shipping business whilst still at college.

Very interesting reading on the watches. Hammy, if I ever want to buy a decent watch I hope you don't mind if I come on here and pick your brains.

CC

Never fear, they're pick of the day on Saturday night, so multiple shows of luxury future heirloom watches that must be insured to look forward to. ;):ROFLMAO:

Gamages is from the same company, they don't sell them on IW, they sell them on TJC (The Jewellery Channel) .
Wonder if they will have the Gamges bull head, as a Swan and Edgar? The one daddie Fields says (on TJC last Saturday) took him 3 years to develop a movement in that configuration. Sure he didn't just rotate a standard movement through 90 degrees to the left? and drill the case to suit. 🤪
Hope baby Fields is doing it, the shows not the same without him.🤔🤭

Wonder if they will have the Gamges bull head, as a Swan and Edgar? The one daddie Fields says (on TJC last Saturday) took him 3 years to develop a movement in that configuration. Sure he didn't just rotate a standard movement through 90 degrees to the left? and drill the case to suit. 🤪
Hope baby Fields is doing it, the shows not the same without him.🤔🤭

Sadly it's not bambino, but Mr dull instead, sure they've realised that James was making an utter arse of himself with his historical references. Although Mr Dull is more with it with his irrelevent historical stories, he still spouts rubbish about the watches themselves, but he's so dull that even that is not so entertaining as when bambino was doing it.

We should start a petition to bring back Baby Fields. :)

Daddie is probably thinking, like IW and their guests pretendy experts, that the viewers haven't a clue about watches, and will believe any old crap they spout. As you say, in the Swan & Edgar watch it's a vertical 3 sub dial movement that is just rotated so you end up with a horizontal 3 sub dial bullhead watch, It's probably the same movement as is in the Swan & Edgar Gradient vertical 3 sub dial watch with the date hidden/not used, the only thing is they need different is the case, a bullhead case (extra depth at the top to accommodate both the strap and crown/Pushers being at the same part of the case rather than different parts in a normal setting) rather than a normal case, but bullhead cases already exist so no need for him to design anything, let alone take 3 years to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Very interesting reading on the watches. Hammy, if I ever want to buy a decent watch I hope you don't mind if I come on here and pick your brains.

CC

No problem, ask away anytime, sure others here would join in with advice/info etc.:)

But one bit of advice, whether you're asking me or others here, we can give you info on watches and brands etc, but at the end of the day it's your wrist and your money, so has to be your choice you're happy with, everybody has different tastes, you buy what you like and want to wear, not what someone else who might be advising you might like to wear. ;)

Once you lot have finished celebrating your advancing to the final, remember it's Miss Precision tonight with the ISO 6425 certified Shield pro divers and and the High precision quartz, top quality alloy cased Elevon watches at 10.30pm, should be good for a laugh.

Forgot to mention I just about choked on a cup of tea the other night when she was talking about the Heritor Gents Pierce Automatic Watch with Genuine Leather Strap, and declared that even the RRP £465 was to low for a watch of this quality. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/her...-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw&v=000~BKB

Shaun was in total agreement; he said you just don’t get an automatic at £109. Shaun’s obviously never been to Ali. :ROFLMAO:

SD1970 Steeldive Brand 44MM Men NH35 Dive Watch with Ceramic Bezel

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...xp_id=4532796a-7cbf-48cd-8337-852df1936e8d-38

Emma on the brown Marius watch - "yeah and there's a very well known Swiss brand that does have these sort of more interesting earthy tones that they bring into their collection, and these are the sort of pieces you see, you know going into auctions a few years later at massive prices, which i'm not for a second suggesting that this is going to do."

Really, are you not the same Emma Boydell that has said on numerous occassions that the quality of the materials, high precision movements and craftsmanship of these Resultco watches are on a par with the Top Swiss brands and if you saw them on the high street you would think they should have a few zeros added to the price?

Mike on the Gann watch - "it beggars belief actually because of that complication, how on earth we can offer these, i mean that complication is expensive to put into a watch, but to be able to offer this watch for under £55 with that on it."

The expensive complication Mike is speaking about is the day/date feature. the complete movement is approx £5 retail (be cheap a cost for the watch manufacturer) so that gives you an indication as to how expensive just the day/date feature is, oh and the watch has an alloy case another reason for why it's cheap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wonder where he got the idea that having day/date is expensive, personally think he's been listening a bit to much to Reynolds and his over-hyping the cost of the ETA 2834 with Day and Date function in the Aviator Douglas DC3 watch they were selling.

I had the misfortune to be bought a garages watch once, they paid £99 quid on TJC for it and I looked on I think it was either Ali express or gear best can’t remember which one and almost identical watch was 20 dollars, we shouldn’t be surprised as on baby fields linkedin page he started a drop shipping business whilst still at college.

A week or so back I'm sure they were selling a Gamages watch for £1000+ on TJC. If they were telling the truth, someone bought it!

Emma on the brown Marius watch - "yeah and there's a very well known Swiss brand that does have these sort of more interesting earthy tones that they bring into their collection, and these are the sort of pieces you see, you know going into auctions a few years later at massive prices, which i'm not for a second suggesting that this is going to do."

Really, are you not the same Emma Boydell that has said on numerous occassions that the quality of the materials, high precision movements and craftsmanship of these Resultco watches are on a par with the Top Swiss brands and if you saw them on the high street you would think they should have a few zeros added to the price?
Yeah, although it's not an uncommon thing for some retailers to do (linking their product designs to more expensive/better known brands) it really annoys me when they do. Hopefully most buyers in the world are savvy enough to know other than maybe looking a bit like those more expensive brands, the cheaper product will NEVER be worth anywhere near as much. The scene from the comedy tv show 'The Office' I linked to a while back (cheap leather effect jacket vs expensive branded jacket) sums the whole thing up perfectly.

The thing is, by vocalizing something, even if you then provide caveats, you've already planted the seed. In that sense they know fine well what they're doing.

'That guy living at no. 25, moved in a few weeks back, I heard he was involved in that multi-million pound cyber attack last year, however they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. Might not be true but that's what I heard'

Might be a load of old cobblers, however you've planted that seed in someone's mind ...

Mike on the Gann watch - "it beggars belief actually because of that complication, how on earth we can offer these, i mean that complication is expensive to put into a watch, but to be able to offer this watch for under £55 with that on it."

The expensive complication Mike is speaking about is the day/date feature. the complete movement is approx £5 retail (be cheap a cost for the watch manufacturer) so that gives you an indication as to how expensive just the day/date feature is, oh and the watch has an alloy case another reason for why it's cheap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wonder where he got the idea that having day/date is expensive, personally think he's been listening a bit to much to Reynolds and his over-hyping the cost of the ETA 2834 with Day and Date function in the Aviator Douglas DC3 watch they were selling.
I picked up on that, just as well I don't mind the cheaper watches with out day date🤔😄

Yeah, although it's not an uncommon thing for some retailers to do (linking their product designs to more expensive/better known brands) it really annoys me when they do. Hopefully most buyers in the world are savvy enough to know other than maybe looking a bit like those more expensive brands, the cheaper product will NEVER be worth anywhere near as much. The scene from the comedy tv show 'The Office' I linked to a while back (cheap leather effect jacket vs expensive branded jacket) sums the whole thing up perfectly.

The thing is, by vocalizing something, even if you then provide caveats, you've already planted the seed. In that sense they know fine well what they're doing.

'That guy living at no. 25, moved in a few weeks back, I heard he was involved in that multi-million pound cyber attack last year, however they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. Might not be true but that's what I heard'

Might be a load of old cobblers, however you've planted that seed in someone's mind ...

i really dislike it too, it's often done, as you say to plant the seed, that they are selling watches similar in quality or look to luxury Swiss watches without saying so directly, when in reality they are nothing like or even near the quality, geesh they're not even similar to basic luxury Swiss watches (Rado, Longines etc) let alone luxury brands like Rolex, Omega, IWC etc, actually take away a few of Reynolds brands and none of the watches on IW come close to even the likes of Tissot, Hamilton, Mido etc. And there are loads of none Swiss watchmaking brands that are of better quality/value etc than most of IW offerings, Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Sea-Gull.

A week or so back I'm sure they were selling a Gamages watch for £1000+ on TJC. If they were telling the truth, someone bought it!

I see they have one on their web site with an RRP of £4,999. :eek:

And virtually the same watch, same case, crown, just using slightly different dial variation, which would make very, very minimal differences (few pence or 1 Yuan) in the price, but it's the same Tourbillon movement etc, £767.

Oh and cheaper at £746.

p.s. the latest batch of ebikes have been about to sell out for 4-5 days now :)

On Tuesday i replied to your post saying Hayley was telling folks, with some urgency, they needed to check out, especially the grey as they only had 45% of the stock left.

Well two days later, Mark whatever his name, gave a stock update earlier this evening, now sold 60% of the grey bike, so still 40% left. thank god for Hayley's warning, these things are flying out the door at an alarming rate. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back