Purchases in the sales? Q or others

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was up at Sainsbury's for food shopping. Forestside has an M&S, Dunnes and a Molton Brown., so Dunnes same as the one in town awful. M&S, managed to get the deep red duffle coat I could not get my size in town.

Had a nose in Molton Brown, got the Suede Orris 100mls bath and shower for £5 each so got four and a full size body lotion for £13. My receipt said I had paid less than half price for every thing.

Well this Christmas its been the year of the bottle ! (last year I was awash with tins of biscuits :rolleyes: ). I suppose being a certain age - like 'old' then it tends to limit the imagination of present givers.

I'm not a drinker by any means - virtually bordering on teetotal, but the entire contents of my drinks cupboard would imbibe a wedding party for several hours. I have bottles of Scotch from before my husband died 20 years ago, and Bacardi I bought from a Caribbean island when on a cruise 12 years ago ! This year's contributions included vintage Port, Remy Martin Champagne, bottle of Sherry and (yet another) bottle of Baileys. Thankfully most people know I don't drink wine or I'd be up to my ears in the stuff.
Yes Brissles ,amongst lots of lovely things we have amassed 5 boxes of Lily O'Brien and Thornton's choccies and various bottles of Gin,Whisky,wine and Prosecco. 🤣🤣

I was up at Sainsbury's for food shopping. Forestside has an M&S, Dunnes and a Molton Brown., so Dunnes same as the one in town awful. M&S, managed to get the deep red duffle coat I could not get my size in town.

Had a nose in Molton Brown, got the Suede Orris 100mls bath and shower for £5 each so got four and a full size body lotion for £13. My receipt said I had paid less than half price for every thing.
Iv’e sent for that red coat despite the bad reviews about it bobbling and being determined I would NOT buy another non waterproof coat. Think it will probably be returned as I think I’m in between sizes as the one in store was perfect except it was pulling at the zip (which was a bugger to do up). Interesting that the oatmeal version is still full price.

Yes Brissles ,amongst lots of lovely things we have amassed 5 boxes of Lily O'Brien and Thornton's choccies and various bottles of Gin,Whisky,wine and Prosecco. 🤣🤣
I just wish that if people were gonna buy me Gin or Vodka for xmas it would be just that. I'd be more than happy with a bottle of Gordon's or Smirnoff but understand that they don't look very "giftable", but I always seem to be bestowed with Gin liquers or funky flavoured vodkas - I don't like them. The drinks that don't tend to be mixed eg, whisky and brandy are always welcome, and thankfully somebody did buy me a bottle of Japanese whisky and i'll enjoy that, but the other stuff will just sit in my cupboard. I've still got a bottle of salted caramel flavoured vodka languishing in the back of the cupboard from about 5 years ago and now I've got a bottle of rhubarb and ginger flavoured gin liquor that's gonna join it. The thought is lovely of course, but I'm at an age where I know what I like, and I'd much rather receive a gift of something that may not be very imaginative but it will come in handy. My mate who totally knows me..bought me a couple of pairs of slipper socks, a few boxes of the vape liquids I always use, a box of after eights and a box of maltesers - perfect!

My husband was given a bottle o that Japanese whisky & me a bottle of Japanese gin, never heard of them before.
Sales, I haven’t been out to look really. The few interesting shops in my nearest little market town have all closed down, gone out of business over the last two years, the place is like a ghost town, half expect tumble weed to roll past.
I used to love the sales & come home laden but they seem so dull now. I’ve bought a few make up items online but that’s all. I’m trying to not buy any clothes at all this next year as I have far too many lovely things that never seem to get worn, especially now my only outings are to walk the dogs or buy food.

I just wish that if people were gonna buy me Gin or Vodka for xmas it would be just that. I'd be more than happy with a bottle of Gordon's or Smirnoff but understand that they don't look very "giftable", but I always seem to be bestowed with Gin liquers or funky flavoured vodkas - I don't like them. The drinks that don't tend to be mixed eg, whisky and brandy are always welcome, and thankfully somebody did buy me a bottle of Japanese whisky and i'll enjoy that, but the other stuff will just sit in my cupboard. I've still got a bottle of salted caramel flavoured vodka languishing in the back of the cupboard from about 5 years ago and now I've got a bottle of rhubarb and ginger flavoured gin liquor that's gonna join it. The thought is lovely of course, but I'm at an age where I know what I like, and I'd much rather receive a gift of something that may not be very imaginative but it will come in handy. My mate who totally knows me..bought me a couple of pairs of slipper socks, a few boxes of the vape liquids I always use, a box of after eights and a box of maltesers - perfect!
Hubby likes single malt whisky,sherry,port or rum cask finished. I like Tanqueray gin but Hortus from Lidl is as good. Don't like flavoured bins.

I haven't bought anything myself but I was SHOCKED by the price OH paid for the chocolate sprouts. She had crossed the price out with black marker pen but it was still visible when the light was at a certain angle.

They are quite small (no more than the diameter of a 5P coin) and there are only 7 (84g) and cost £6-50 ! So almost £1 each for a very small choc.

She also gave me a tiny 80g bar of chilli chocolate that cost £4-50 !

They were both the same make, and to make matters worse, they weren't a top of the range well-known luxury brand but were "packed in China" !!

I am not ungrateful. but would never have paid that if I was buying them for myself. In fact, the sprouts were more like a fudge and tasted nothing special at all. The choc was no better than Lidl chilli choc, about 99P for a much bigger bar.

Ah YES, Japanese whisky. Several years ago when on holiday in Japan, I ventured into a supermarket to have a looksee, and saw a shelf with several varieties of Scotch - (or is it Japs (!) ) anyway I bought a small bottle, as I heard that some Japanese whiskys are the best in the world. Didn't open it til this year - decided it wasn't going to be kept for 'best' anymore, and yep, its pretty good stuff. - single malt Yamazaki for anyone interested.

On Christmas Eve I held an impromptu whisky tasting session - it was due to be held outside but it rained, so 8 of us, neighbours with umbrellas, congregated in the porch, in my hall and a couple sat on the stairs - good fun, and reminded me of a 60's student party, who are all now in our 70's. !!!! 🤭

I`ve been given some Marks gift cards from Mr V`s son and his children but our local branch shut down over a year ago so I`ve ordered a couple of things from the website. Luckily we have a small Marks Food store and I can return anything there if I dislike anything or if it doesn`t fit.
I ordered a long pleated skirt in platinum which was reduced in the sale and some magenta sling back shoes which weren`t in the sale.
I also have an Amazon gift card but I`ll probably spend that on books or kindle downloads.
It`s my birthday on Wednesday and Mr V has bought me a bracelet but I really don`t want or need anymore gifts off anybody else.
The only thing I actually needed and which I`ve bought for myself was a new purse. The one I`m currently using is years old and looks kind of grubby and worn out. I like large purses which hold everything so I`ve ordered one in the Osprey sale.
I`ve vowed that in 2022 I won`t be buying more "stuff" or clothes.

Happy Birthday for today! 💐🥳🎂

Mine was also this week - don’t like it being so close to Christmas but am grateful it’s not on Xmas day itself, as it is for two of my best friends (weirdly!)

I was feeling sad bc I didn’t get to see a soul on my BD and hadn't slept since Xmas eve - and failed to get much on the day...

But I was spoilt with cards and gifts from friends and family. 😇

(Although my brother and family’s all got COVID now (him quite badly despite being triple jammed... 😔), so yet to hear from them...
And it’s meant mum has had to stay away from me too.
But she brought round my presents, which included a brilliant hedgehog house called a Hogilo!

It’s so cute and means all the local cats won’t eat the (cat) food I put out for the HH’s! 🦔😊)

Hope you enjoy your Osprey purse - that sounds very nice.
And vouchers are also perfect gifts so you can choose exactly what you’d like!
I was lucky enough to get an amazon voucher. Problem will be narrowing it down - too much choice!)

Did QVC send you a birthday £5 off code like me?!
Am tempted to spend it on some more Lock and Lock!! 😉

Well this Christmas its been the year of the bottle ! (last year I was awash with tins of biscuits :rolleyes: ). I suppose being a certain age - like 'old' then it tends to limit the imagination of present givers.

I'm not a drinker by any means - virtually bordering on teetotal, but the entire contents of my drinks cupboard would imbibe a wedding party for several hours. I have bottles of Scotch from before my husband died 20 years ago, and Bacardi I bought from a Caribbean island when on a cruise 12 years ago ! This year's contributions included vintage Port, Remy Martin Champagne, bottle of Sherry and (yet another) bottle of Baileys. Thankfully most people know I don't drink wine or I'd be up to my ears in the stuff.

Well I hope you enjoy some of it and can - at some point! - have a drinks party to get through some of it!
The champagne sounds lovely for New Year’s Eve?! 🥂

I’m not a “certain age” but bc of my situation, people don’t know what to buy either, so this year I received 4 jars of honey! 🍯

Some is very local and one is a Scottish heather one...
I’m going to turn into Pooh Bear! 😉
(And I was also given the new Pooh Bear prequel book too - it looks lovely!)

I’ve been looking at the Harts of Stur sale (lots of kitchenware and other things), and think I will order a few items...

Also looking at Denby, because I use my Tesco clubcard points to buy from there (get 3 times the value), and with sales offers on top it’s a good deal...

Happy Birthday for today! 💐🥳🎂

Mine was also this week - don’t like it being so close to Christmas but am grateful it’s not on Xmas day itself, as it is for two of my best friends (weirdly!)

I was feeling sad bc I didn’t get to see a soul on my BD and hadn't slept since Xmas eve - and failed to get much on the day...

But I was spoilt with cards and gifts from friends and family. 😇

(Although my brother and family’s all got COVID now (him quite badly despite being triple jammed... 😔), so yet to hear from them...
And it’s meant mum has had to stay away from me too.
But she brought round my presents, which included a brilliant hedgehog house called a Hogilo!

It’s so cute and means all the local cats won’t eat the (cat) food I put out for the HH’s! 🦔😊)

Hope you enjoy your Osprey purse - that sounds very nice.
And vouchers are also perfect gifts so you can choose exactly what you’d like!
I was lucky enough to get an amazon voucher. Problem will be narrowing it down - too much choice!)

Did QVC send you a birthday £5 off code like me?!
Am tempted to spend it on some more Lock and Lock!! 😉
Thanks TL and a belated happy birthday to you too.
My purse hasn`t arrived yet but I`ve had items from Osprey before and have always been happy with them.
My oldest son will call in today but I won`t see my other 2 sons, one is isolating cos he has covid and the other is working.
No idea if Q sent me a code because I always delete their emails. My days of shopping with them are over.

Well I managed to speak to a lovely lady at QVC yesterday and she has arranged a refund for the Radley Purse that hasn’t been delivered. Today I managed to get through to my Doctors surgery to arrange a telephone appointment As requested by my GP. I wonder if the read the posts on here.

Well I managed to speak to a lovely lady at QVC yesterday and she has arranged a refund for the Radley Purse that hasn’t been delivered. Today I managed to get through to my Doctors surgery to arrange a telephone appointment As requested by my GP. I wonder if the read the posts on here.
Did you say “Hello, lovelee laydee” in true Qurio style?

My favourite gin is Tanqueray too, so the Lidl is just as good?
OH is very much a single malt man, think we’ve visited just about every distillery in Scotland, dogs & all. Can be quite interesting where some of them are situated down single track roads with no passing places in an eight metre motorhome. 😳

I’ve weakened & succumbed to two Lola Rose necklaces but my excuse was they were in the sale on the LR site not Q.

Latest posts

Back