Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh FFS, what's wrong with just saying unisex like we've been doing for years anyway?

Or simply saying that the product is suitable for everyone. Most people know whether a cream or gel would suit their skin type and would also know whether or not they choose to wear makeup.

She should get off her woke bandwagon and stick to the job that she’s paid to do.

On one hand to be fair to AY, it's all about making sales and if she can persuade people that a product isn't just for a woman, or a man for that matter and that father's day isn't just for fathers - then more units will leave the building. The problem I have with this is the way it's said. Why can't she just say anyone can look after their skin instead of coming out with the latest "woke phrase" like gender neutral. Know your demographic woman (I presume you're happy to be called a woman) - people (mainly women) who have grown up with the idea that there are two sexes male and female and that when referring to either of them it's him or her. I'll respect someone's wishes (or at least try) if they've said they'd like to be referred to by they/them, but what I don't want to do is to worry that I might "misgender" somebody because of how they are identifying themselves on any given day. I get that gender is a hot topic these days, but it shouldn't be a bandwagon to jump on. It's also LGBTQIA month so I guess Q are wanting to do their bit and I guess such virtue signalling is the best they can do.

I am surprised she has not started aiming for those who identify as non-human by now.

This beauty product is suitable for those who ID as:

A hamster
A dog
A cat
A horse
and finally A.I.

Yes, AY, will be aiming at the Terminators.
Ahem, excuse me...don't forget those of us who identify as a toaster every second Thursday of the month...

I think Alison Young will carry on because she knows its irritating the vast majority of customers. Nothing wrong with with anyone whatever thier genda. Its Alison Youngs agenda thats galling and worse insincere.
She’s the only QVC Presenter who talks like that so it is defo not coming from management. She’s so irritating when she starts on the gender line😂😂. It doesn’t even sound like she believes it.

Hormones, hence women unless they have a hormone problem don't grow beards and more body hair.
Yes, it might be difficult to put face cream on a stubbly face and hairy body but I don't know for sure. As Alison says in her promo (one of her most lucid comments)..... you have to find a beauty product that suits you.

Lots of people on tv are fake they just say what they think is trending at the moment.
Wokery should not be part of a shopping channel,all this gender nonsense being promoted by a few people,tail wagging the body of the dog me thinks.
Male and Female was always the terms used in the past,now it’s something that people are actually scared to use in describing themselves.
Just because of a vocal feet stamping minority.

Lots of people on tv are fake they just say what they think is trending at the moment.
Wokery should not be part of a shopping channel,all this gender nonsense being promoted by a few people,tail wagging the body of the dog me thinks.
Male and Female was always the terms used in the past,now it’s something that people are actually scared to use in describing themselves.
Just because of a vocal feet stamping minority.
I do think the tide is turning and some of the medical interventions that are being handed out like sweeties are a ticking time bomb of litigation away.

I do think the tide is turning and some of the medical interventions that are being handed out like sweeties are a ticking time bomb of litigation away.
Sadly I think its the opposite that there will be a lot more people who are going to want gender realignment and will get it. Its odd when I was a little girl at primary school in London there were a few transgender staff so we got used to it. There was also quite a few deaf children which I found a good experience. Our school had a special hearing unit for deaf children. We learned how to interact with deaf children who had little or no hearing. My little grandson who is one is really cute and my daughter has taught him some sign language already. The one he uses the most is eat. Makes me laugh how he does the signs so well.

Alison is so dim . If Father’s Day is parents day then what is Mother’s Day? If she wants to maximise sales she needs to keep the distinctive genders.
As for the stupid pronouns etc I was recently in the recovery ward after surgery and a nurse said to me “ we have called your child” and let them know you are ok.
My child is a 40 year old man. ! It’s all too much and I tend to ignore it .
Nurses have probably been told not to use gendered nouns, poor sods.
Descendant, offspring, progeny, mini-me...

Latest posts

Back