Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SisterBliss

Registered Shopper
I thought I was watching a Mockumentary earlier on, during the SBC Show. Young lists those who may want to use the propolis & reels off the usual suspects... - teens, gammy feet, pregnant, menopause!! and then!!! 'those undergoing gender realignment'

No words..? Well perhaps a few. Foolish, ignorant & twat. Besides, it's reassignment, you fecking bellend!

I thought I was watching a Mockumentary earlier on, during the SBC Show. Young lists those who may want to use the propolis & reels off the usual suspects... - teens, gammy feet, pregnant, menopause!! and then!!! 'those undergoing gender realignment'

No words..? Well perhaps a few. Foolish, ignorant & twat. Besides, it's reassignment, you fecking bellend!
So basically it's good for anyone who's got skin!!!! If they're going to jump on a bandwagon at least make an effort to get the basic terminology correct. Beauty expert my "gammy" foot! She's basically a saleswoman - a pushy saleswoman.

That’s what happens when one tries too hard. She’s beyond irritating when she prattles on about “whatever you identify as”. I laugh so hard.

That’ll be me then … 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sister bliss you’ve made my day

Alison just says it to make QVC look like a "woke" company and that she is a "woke" sales person. I believe we have to be mindful of all people in society but you dont have to make it a selling point at every breath you take. She is going to be worse now lol!

I still remember from around 20 years ago now, she was flogging the arnica bath soak and a T-caller said she didn't have a bath and asked would it work in the shower. AY said no, and you had to have a relaxing soak in it to get the benefits. However, never one to miss a sale, she said to the caller she could soak her feet in it, in a bowl. The caller's response was that she didn't have feet. To which AY had no option but to say it probably wasn't the product for her. I'll never to this day know if the caller was taking the proverbial. :unsure:

Alison just says it to make QVC look like a "woke" company and that she is a "woke" sales person. I believe we have to be mindful of all people in society but you dont have to make it a selling point at every breath you take. She is going to be worse now lol!
I don’t think it is down to QVC as she is the only one who goes on about it.

I feel like I’m walking on eggshells these days, trying to keep up with the latest terminologies and not say the wrong thing, but AY can blurt out any old rubbish on tv and nobody much bothers. The other presenters don’t tread where she leaps in. Imagine if they applied her sales patter to frocks and handbags. People really are not stupid, we know whether we like something no matter how we identify. Qvc should nip this in the bud right now. It smacks of desperation not wokeness.

I feel like I’m walking on eggshells these days, trying to keep up with the latest terminologies and not say the wrong thing,but AY can blurt out any old rubbish on tv and nobody much bothers. The other presenters don’t tread where she leaps in. Imagine if they applied her sales patter to frocks and handbags. People really are not stupid, we know whether we like something no matter how we identify. Qvc should nip this in the bud right now. It smacks of desperation not wokeness.

This wokery nonsense is getting behind a joke now. I would never deliberately cause offence but don’t intend to worry about saying the wrong thing. If I do, then I will apologise. I certainly can’t be doing with all this “they/them” stuff so I’ll no doubt put my foot in it some time. 🙄

And I certainly won’t open a debate on how many sexes/genders there are in reality because I’ll stick with the number that I feel comfortable with.

So much utter nonsense being spouted in the media in general.
What horrifies me is that everything under the sun is being labelled and medicalised. To whose benefit?
I would suggest it's not the people being labelled and treated.
I would instead suggest that it's mainly drug companies.
It's become what advertising used to be: create a problem for which your product is the solution and watch the cash registers ringing in the big bucks as suckers fall for it.
I think what I think, but in general conversation I keep schtumm.
I'm just thankful that I probably won't be around for the the worst of the inevitable consequences of whatever transpires as a result of all this idiocy.

Alison really should have some sense and stop trying to sound like she knows what she is talking about. Beauty products are for skin. Last time I checked it was still safe to say all human beings have skin. So if you have skin the product might work for you. If it's for specific skin types, that isn't gendered either and doesn't need to be.

I know of a few Transgender people even from a child. They were never pushy about thier gender. As people they just wanted to be treated as such. Pushing gender issues when your trying to sell items is not necessary. As humans we know how we should treat one anther with due respect. I find Alison ingenious with the overreach.

Latest posts

Back