Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What I dislike about these pop-up shopping channels is where does it leave the customers who've bought stuff while they traded if they pop down again? If that is correct, that it will soon end, is it going to be the so-called 'Sister Channel' that picks up any subsequent consumer issues with purchases from a former Shop Extra?

It’s simple don’t buy anything from them,if you want some sort of guarantee or after sales service buy from a more established company.
Never understood anyone believing these shysters who will say anything for a sale!
If it’s true SE is closing soon I’m not suprised 🤬

What I dislike about these pop-up shopping channels is where does it leave the customers who've bought stuff while they traded if they pop down again? If that is correct, that it will soon end, is it going to be the so-called 'Sister Channel' that picks up any subsequent consumer issues with purchases from a former Shop Extra?

Jazzy is correct, although your buying something you've seen on Create & Craft/Shop Extra TV channel or websites, you're actually purchasing from Hochanda Global Ltd.

Same as the new Ideal World channel, it's Shop TJC that is responsible.

If so, you suspect that’s the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning. Last night‘s programmes had a coming to an end feel about them. Strange, the viewers are never usually told but still encouraged to buy. Back on the shopping television presenter merry-go-round looking for some more fiendship family and fun.

Oo-er! Maybe 3 of the fab 4 have had another red phone ☎️ handed to them and needed to hightail it down to London to link arms and enter a meeting, thus leaving no-one to sell foot spas and collagen pills on loops to rest the 8 of us who normally watch (including Shaun's mum, ofc) 🤔

I say 3 of the 4 because Crawley was standing in for Shaun Ryan on YouGarden's TV today.

Still, you'd figure they'd just show SE repeats if they couldn't do live shows…

Now, this sounds terribly sad, but there is a strong need many who watch shopping television have for human contact in the room. Not a recording, not a film, not a soap…Live people talking and directing what they say in a more personal style at the viewer in question. Giving a sense of immediacy and warmth to the lonely. I have a partner now. We live in separate houses, but I do have somebody. After my wife died in 2021, I had nobody but my dogs. And shopping telly, in the old Ideal World style, helped me get through each evening, believe it or not. It was a similar situation after my divorce in the early 2000s. I know all too well…for many, it is company first and shopping a close to distant second. Shop Extra, in terms of a feeling of direct communication, has it nailed in the sense of trying to replicate what the former channel had and channels like QVC and TJC don’t. Talking corporately and commercially at you and not directly to you like the latter do, and not generating that more personal feeling of contact you get from watching Shop Extra and the old Ideal World before it. We obviously focus here on the strong inadequacies in shopping television channels’ selling techniques, and the misleading elements of selling that virtually all of them suffer from from time to time. What we all tend to forget at times, is the very strong social contact need more catered for by the presenting styles of Ideal Shop Extra World, and in my ‘umble view, not catered for well by the direct Ideal World replacement we have now.
I love having it on when I'm doing stuff in the other room or in a new window on Youtube when I'm supposed to be working. But every so often they have a product I will genuinely want or use. I bought the Whizzy Whisk which came with free scissors and I am going to get some black magic for my oven. And also I'm looking to get an air fryer. I STILL can't get my milk to froth up the way Simon Isles gets it to do on TV but the scrambled eggs are amazing. Seriously, how the hell does he do that!!?? M|y absolute favourite moment (I piss myself) is when they bring out the chart of how to watch and receive Shop Extra. Elderly people have issues with that sort of thing and that is their core audience

I love having it on when I'm doing stuff in the other room or in a new window on Youtube when I'm supposed to be working. But every so often they have a product I will genuinely want or use. I bought the Whizzy Whisk which came with free scissors and I am going to get some black magic for my oven. And also I'm looking to get an air fryer. I STILL can't get my milk to froth up the way Simon Isles gets it to do on TV but the scrambled eggs are amazing. Seriously, how the hell does he do that!!?? M|y absolute favourite moment (I piss myself) is when they bring out the chart of how to watch and receive Shop Extra. Elderly people have issues with that sort of thing and that is their core audience
It has to be skimmed milk and VERY cold, straight from the fridge

Now, this sounds terribly sad, but there is a strong need many who watch shopping television have for human contact in the room. Not a recording, not a film, not a soap…Live people talking and directing what they say in a more personal style at the viewer in question. Giving a sense of immediacy and warmth to the lonely. I have a partner now. We live in separate houses, but I do have somebody. After my wife died in 2021, I had nobody but my dogs. And shopping telly, in the old Ideal World style, helped me get through each evening, believe it or not. It was a similar situation after my divorce in the early 2000s. I know all too well…for many, it is company first and shopping a close to distant second. Shop Extra, in terms of a feeling of direct communication, has it nailed in the sense of trying to replicate what the former channel had and channels like QVC and TJC don’t. Talking corporately and commercially at you and not directly to you like the latter do, and not generating that more personal feeling of contact you get from watching Shop Extra and the old Ideal World before it. We obviously focus here on the strong inadequacies in shopping television channels’ selling techniques, and the misleading elements of selling that virtually all of them suffer from from time to time. What we all tend to forget at times, is the very strong social contact need more catered for by the presenting styles of Ideal Shop Extra World, and in my ‘umble view, not catered for well by the direct Ideal World replacement we have now.
This is a great post. I fully agree, many (most?) selly telly viewers want to feel a genuine part of the family, friendship and fun portrayed from the screen. Also, for all we say on here, I wouldn't knock anyone who enjoys watching (even buying from) selly telly. Whatever floats your boat and all that.

However, these viewer feelings can be and are exploited by selly telly, often in ways we call out on here for being dubious. Of course, these type of feelings (a sense of wanting to belong etc) are exploited by all sorts of businesses, not just sales, and also by individuals e.g. scammers etc.

My concern for the viewer is the extent to which they believe what I class as the guff. I would hope most are watching with a pinch of salt and a sense of realism, because not much of what's emanating from the selly telly screen is based on any sort of genuine feeling for the viewer or truth when it comes to some of the products.

Do you mean Blue Magic? If so, don't bother. Absolutely useless at the dilutions on the bottle (the dilutions they bang on about on the telly). Worst Selly Telly purchase I've ever made. I swear it makes water LESS effective at cleaning.

Funnily enough, I've seen people repeatedly ask Simon Iles (yes, his surname is an anagram of Lies, how apt) on social media about the dilutions he uses for some of his oven cleaning demos since they've been unable replicate it at home and, surprise, he NEVER replies.

Cos it's probably about 2/3 of a bottle - making it worse value than other cleaners.

Latest posts

Back