Help needed.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BaxterBailey

Registered Shopper
Hello All,

I'm just looking for some advice with regards my skincare and you all seem to have tried most of the ranges on QVC and are probably as qualified as our resident beauty expert AY!!!!!!.

I suffer from an oily skin with breakouts especially on the jawline and under my chin but the problem I've got is my face seems to have the appearance of an orange at the moment, which isn't nice:mad:

I'm currently using Decleor - has anyone any ideas, or had similar problems???

Your skin sounds like mine, you poor thing!:eek:

I used to get spots along my jaw and random ones on my neck after coming off the contraceptive injection, tried everything and ended up going to the docs, who diagnosed adult acne! :eek: But as a result got some cream which worked wonders. I hardly use it now.

Unfortunately it didnt help the orange peel type skin either side of my nose. For that i have been using glycolics, face wash, night cream and peels. And things have started to get better.

I have recently started to use Alpha-H Liquid Gold, which does seem to be making a difference to the orange peel, despite already using lots of glycolic products. It does seem to get good reviews generally.

Oh and i do use Decleor, Neroli is great as is Hyrafloral, but it didn't get rid of the orange peel skin, just makes your skin feel soft and hydrated.

Hope that helps in some way.

i have the exactly the same problems as you,at the minute im using the liz earle and it seems to deffinately working

Hello All,

I'm just looking for some advice with regards my skincare and you all seem to have tried most of the ranges on QVC and are probably as qualified as our resident beauty expert AY!!!!!!.

I suffer from an oily skin with breakouts especially on the jawline and under my chin but the problem I've got is my face seems to have the appearance of an orange at the moment, which isn't nice:mad:

I use the Liz Earle range, the deep Cleansing mask is particularly good for drawing inpurities out of the skin and is recommended for very oily skin. The cleanse and Polish is award winner for all types of skin and that works for me although if you have a word with MUQ she swears by the Alpha H Liquad gold.

Hello All,

Maybe Decleor is too heavy for you in the summer? Have you been using it for long? Or is it your make-up / sunscreen that could be causing the problems? For past experience (and my skin was awful for 6 months this year until I was diagnosed with Rosacea - big lumps/redness etc), it's best to treat your skin as gently as possible when it goes haywire. Less is more, as they say! I, unfortunately, did the opposite and chopped and changed every few days out of frusttration, which didn't help matters at all.

Also, EFA's and omega 3, 6 & 9 can help with breakouts on your chin/jawline if they are hormonal.

A mask of honey, turmeric and a little salt is good for breakouts too - from memory (I don't use honey these days), you make a paste with it and leave it on for 30 minutes then wash it off (salt acts as a gentle exfoliant). It looks scary - an orangey colour, but it doesn't turn your skin that colour!

Hope your skin clears up soon.

Apparently the SBC Propolis Gel is good for spots - had anti-bac properties. This might be an alternative to the honey mask that Cupcake suggested. I havent tried it tho, has anyone else?

The EFA's sound like a good idea too :D

Maybe Decleor is too heavy for you in the summer? Have you been using it for long? Or is it your make-up / sunscreen that could be causing the problems? For past experience (and my skin was awful for 6 months this year until I was diagnosed with Rosacea - big lumps/redness etc), it's best to treat your skin as gently as possible when it goes haywire. Less is more, as they say! I, unfortunately, did the opposite and chopped and changed every few days out of frusttration, which didn't help matters at all.

Also, EFA's and omega 3, 6 & 9 can help with breakouts on your chin/jawline if they are hormonal.

A mask of honey, turmeric and a little salt is good for breakouts too - from memory (I don't use honey these days), you make a paste with it and leave it on for 30 minutes then wash it off (salt acts as a gentle exfoliant). It looks scary - an orangey colour, but it doesn't turn your skin that colour!

Hope your skin clears up soon.

Ooooo cupcake - can i aks what your current am and pm regime is please?

do you use an SPF in the day now you have rosacea and if so whihc on.

my skin is very similar to yours and as much as I love using different skincare ranges I think I've got too many products syndrome :) x

Ooooo cupcake - can i aks what your current am and pm regime is please?

do you use an SPF in the day now you have rosacea and if so whihc on.

my skin is very similar to yours and as much as I love using different skincare ranges I think I've got too many products syndrome :) x

No probs :D I have a cupboard full of stuff I need to shift! It's frightening when you think how much you've spent isn't it?! Now, some of this may seem contradictory as I posted recently in the VIP bit that I'd just seen that Korres were changing their packaging to say vegan on some of them, but they had told me in an email before - so I used the sunscreen on holiday as it's one of the few that doesn't make me breakout / get prickly heat etc. On days when it was really nasty (here), I used LE Superskin instead of the sunscreen but think I won't use a daycream now, just an SPF (unless I get very dry in the winter, then I will use the Wild Rose Cream as well).

AM -
BNatural cleanser w/ muslin cloth (old version cleanser). Thinking of trying A'Kin Rose one next, or Barefoot Botanics (Rosa Fina one is gorgeous!), or Korres.
Green People facial exfoliant - 2-3x a week in place of cleanser
LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic
Rozex gel (Prescription) - wait 5 mins for it to dry
Korres Wild Rose Serum
Korres Watermelon face cream SPF3O as moisturiser
A'Kin Eye Creme (it's for night but my eyes don't seem to mind!) OR Liz Earle Eye cream
Then make-up

PM
BNatural Cleanser w/muslin cloth
Rozex - wait 5 mins
LE Superskin Moisturiser, followed by LE Superskin Concentrate*
A'Kin Eye Creme or LE Serum

* I've actually just started using the A'Kin Lavender and Rose Night Creme and am testing out Trilogy Rosehip oil again. Only been 2 days but so far my face seems to be okay (before it hated Rosehip oil and felt tight and like it was burning!!). Will still use LE Super Skin concentrate with things though as I LOVE that! Not sure about the moisturiser as mine has started to smell funny - and it's not been open for 6 months, or kept in the sun!

Have yet to find a good mask.

haven't had any new lumps and bumps - and fingers crossed I won't! Scarring has really gone down as well (I get left with pink/red marks after the bumps) - not gone 100% but I feel doing the shopping at the weekend with a bare face 9something I wouldn't entertain when it was really bad).

HTH :D

Last edited:
My vote goes to the LE deep cleansing mask - i had lumps around my chin area a couple of years ago - hormonal i think - any way after using the LE mask they just disappeared. I was also double cleansing with Elemis cleanser and toner and tri-enzyme wash and moisturising with PCMC amongst other things occasionally but it was definately the mask that got rid of the lumps.

Cupcake, which LE Moisturiser has gone off, because I have one, the Light, that has gone off as well, and it's only been open 6 weeks.

Going to e-mail about it.

Cupcake, which LE Moisturiser has gone off, because I have one, the Light, that has gone off as well, and it's only been open 6 weeks.

Going to e-mail about it.

Mine is the Superskin one. I opened it in mid-April, then used it on and off until last month, but it was kept in a dark (and cool) cupboard so it's not been exposed to sunlight or anything. I noticed it smelt a bit iffy just before I went on holiday, but thought maybe it was my nose. It could well be me as some of the reviews on the QVC site say it smells, but it smells a bit like gone off vegetable oil to me .. which I don't think is right! I certainly don't rememebr the small size I used before I bought the big one, or the big one when I opened it originally, smelling like this. I might email them too, or failing that, I should take it into the Kings Road store.

if your spots/acne is very sore you might need something from the doctor. i have suffered from acne from age 18 and even in my 30's still get some spots. i use anti biotic lotion when my skin is very bad. i find though if i use the products for oily skin it makes it worse. so i use a'kin rose & geranium cleanser and liz earle instant boost skin tonic and a'kin rosehip oil and the a'kin moisturisers and eye creams and find they suit me. i would get something quite gentle or you skin will produce more oil. i also find lancome pure empriente clay mask helps reduce my oil and i get less spots or red lumps. if i use once a week it makes my skin a lot less oily. i find liz earle too harsh for my skin and found i got more spots and cystic lumps that took me a month to clear.

Thank you all for your advice it's much appreciated!!!

From what some of you have said I think Liquid Gold is worth a go - I've also read a couple of other posts by MUQ and at least I've got the 30 MBG:)

i find liz earle too harsh for my skin and found i got more spots and cystic lumps that took me a month to clear.

Yes I have trouble with C&P and Skin Repair. Think it might be the essential oils in it. Am fine with Superskin, which is fragrance free. Shame, as I love the smell of Skin Repair!

Which A'Kin moisturisers do you use?

No probs :D I have a cupboard full of stuff I need to shift! It's frightening when you think how much you've spent isn't it?! Now, some of this may seem contradictory as I posted recently in the VIP bit that I'd just seen that Korres were changing their packaging to say vegan on some of them, but they had told me in an email before - so I used the sunscreen on holiday as it's one of the few that doesn't make me breakout / get prickly heat etc. On days when it was really nasty (here), I used LE Superskin instead of the sunscreen but think I won't use a daycream now, just an SPF (unless I get very dry in the winter, then I will use the Wild Rose Cream as well).

AM -
BNatural cleanser w/ muslin cloth (old version cleanser). Thinking of trying A'Kin Rose one next, or Barefoot Botanics (Rosa Fina one is gorgeous!), or Korres.
Green People facial exfoliant - 2-3x a week in place of cleanser
Rozex gel (Prescription) - wait 5 mins for it to dry
Korres Wild Rose Serum
Korres Watermelon face cream SPF3O as moisturiser
A'Kin Eye Creme (it's for night but my eyes don't seem to mind!) OR Liz Earle Eye cream
Then make-up

PM
BNatural Cleanser w/muslin cloth
Rozex - wait 5 mins
LE Superskin Moisturiser, followed by LE Superskin Concentrate*
A'Kin Eye Creme or LE Serum

* I've actually just started using the A'Kin Lavender and Rose Night Creme and am testing out Trilogy Rosehip oil again. Only been 2 days but so far my face seems to be okay (before it hated Rosehip oil and felt tight and like it was burning!!). Will still use LE Super Skin concentrate with things though as I LOVE that! Not sure about the moisturiser as mine has started to smell funny - and it's not been open for 6 months, or kept in the sun!

Have yet to find a good mask.

haven't had any new lumps and bumps - and fingers crossed I won't! Scarring has really gone down as well (I get left with pink/red marks after the bumps) - not gone 100% but I feel doing the shopping at the weekend with a bare face 9something I wouldn't entertain when it was really bad).

HTH :D

Oooo thanks so much for that. You have rosex too. I've had that but found it hard to put things over the top but it did seem to help.

Your routine sounds good and I think I'll look into the Korres range.

Argan oil is good i find - very inert with no fragrance but nourishing and superskin concentrate has that in I'm sure so I'm glad it works for you.

The lumps and bumps are awful aren't they. I'm fine with Liz Earle's superskin too but also can't use C+P or skin repair and I'm convinced its due to the essential oils - some seem fine others not so much.

I've been tryng out an mineral SPF 25 from a range called Kimberly sayer from lovelula - a site I love. They are really good with advice etc I get my argan oil from them too.

The SPf 25 is the best I've ever found - I've been using the ultralight and I have to say I had no expectations but thought I'd give it a go and I like it so much I've decided to get the full size and its just £22.90 for 150mls which I think is a fab price. I think its enough in the hot weather but thought I'd try argan under it on cold days as a booster. I'm so glad i have finally found a good priced, all natural SPF and agree wiht you I'm using that only in the day now and not another cream with it.

Re the superskin I've heard other peeps say it smells - the ones I've had have had no detectable smell of any kind - it could be down to different batches of ingredients. Liz Earle always says the colour of superbalm varies so much becasue it dpends on the harvest - maybe the superskin is the same as it consists of natural oils and has no essential oils to add a fragrance.

I hope you have success with the trilogy rosehip oil it seems quite a good price.

I'd be really interested to know how you get on with the wild rose serum too - I got it and sent it back because i was worried it would be too active for my overactive skin but I thought it sounded like a lovely product.

Hello, Just reading your reply. I also suffer from Rosacea. May I ask what products you use to keep it under control? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Jackie :eek:

Yes I have trouble with C&P and Skin Repair. Think it might be the essential oils in it. Am fine with Superskin, which is fragrance free. Shame, as I love the smell of Skin Repair!

Which A'Kin moisturisers do you use?

i use rose de mai day cream
lavender & rose night cream
rosehip & shea
i also think the eye cream's are very good as well. i am trying to cut out the chemicals from my skincare.
even though the rosehip and shea is for very dry skin it sinks in well and does not leave a oily feel on my skin

Hello, Just reading your reply. I also suffer from Rosacea. May I ask what products you use to keep it under control? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Jackie :eek:

Hello see the poost above yours where cupcake gives details of her routine - i asked her the same question HTH :):D

Oooo thanks so much for that. You have rosex too. I've had that but found it hard to put things over the top but it did seem to help.

Your routine sounds good and I think I'll look into the Korres range.

Argan oil is good i find - very inert with no fragrance but nourishing and superskin concentrate has that in I'm sure so I'm glad it works for you.

The lumps and bumps are awful aren't they. I'm fine with Liz Earle's superskin too but also can't use C+P or skin repair and I'm convinced its due to the essential oils - some seem fine others not so much.

I've been tryng out an mineral SPF 25 from a range called Kimberly sayer from lovelula - a site I love. They are really good with advice etc I get my argan oil from them too.

The SPf 25 is the best I've ever found - I've been using the ultralight and I have to say I had no expectations but thought I'd give it a go and I like it so much I've decided to get the full size and its just £22.90 for 150mls which I think is a fab price. I think its enough in the hot weather but thought I'd try argan under it on cold days as a booster. I'm so glad i have finally found a good priced, all natural SPF and agree wiht you I'm using that only in the day now and not another cream with it.

Re the superskin I've heard other peeps say it smells - the ones I've had have had no detectable smell of any kind - it could be down to different batches of ingredients. Liz Earle always says the colour of superbalm varies so much becasue it dpends on the harvest - maybe the superskin is the same as it consists of natural oils and has no essential oils to add a fragrance.

I hope you have success with the trilogy rosehip oil it seems quite a good price.

I'd be really interested to know how you get on with the wild rose serum too - I got it and sent it back because i was worried it would be too active for my overactive skin but I thought it sounded like a lovely product.

Now you mention it, I have noticed that mineral make-up isn't going on very well with Rozex, although liquid foundation and/or BnB seem to be fine. Have stopped using BE for the time being, because even with a primer, it looked a bit patchy on my cheeks.

I love the Wild Rose Serum and find it very gentle. You can even use it around your eyes. So far, nothing I have used from the Korres range has made me have a reaction. It's not 100% natural, same as LE, but my skin seems to love it. I'm going to stock up when I go back to Greece as it's so much cheaper there than it is here.

Thanks for the tip re: Kimberley Sayer. I can't see anything in the ingredients that I can't use (am assuming the Squalene comes from olives and not an animal source). I think I might email Love Lula and see what they say. Do you use the lotion or the cream?

And thanks re: LE tip - hadn't thought of that!
xx

Now you mention it, I have noticed that mineral make-up isn't going on very well with Rozex, although liquid foundation and/or BnB seem to be fine. Have stopped using BE for the time being, because even with a primer, it looked a bit patchy on my cheeks.

I love the Wild Rose Serum and find it very gentle. You can even use it around your eyes. So far, nothing I have used from the Korres range has made me have a reaction. It's not 100% natural, same as LE, but my skin seems to love it. I'm going to stock up when I go back to Greece as it's so much cheaper there than it is here.

Thanks for the tip re: Kimberley Sayer. I can't see anything in the ingredients that I can't use (am assuming the Squalene comes from olives and not an animal source). I think I might email Love Lula and see what they say. Do you use the lotion or the cream?

And thanks re: LE tip - hadn't thought of that!
xx

Hello
I'm tempted by the wild rose serum - thanks :) that'll go on my list I think it sounds fab.

The lotion is the one i use did I mentions its £22.90 for 150mls I think that's an amazing price

Yes lotion for me - thought it would be too light but its not its lovely and hydrating. i sampled the richer one too which i tohught might be better for my skin but it was way too rich - might be better in the winter.

Here is what the beauty bible says about the SPF this month - grrrrr wish i'd known about the discount BEFORE I placed my order. i bought loads of stuff too!

Kimberley Sayer Ultra Light Facial Moisturizer SPF25, £22.90 (£21.75 with your special discount, see below). To celebrate the launch of The Green Beauty Bible, Lula Braithwaite of www.lovelula.com sent me this – because as I say in the book it’s the best! I had run out and was completely delighted to open the package. In fact, I put some on immediately. It’s suitable for oily and acne-prone skin (but also suits my dry one, so basically it’s good for everyone) and has a physical sun screen, with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Just click here to find it – and remember, as a www.beautybible.com insider, you are entitled to a 5% discount on everything on Lula’s site, www.lovelula.com - just add the code bb08 at the checkout and it should happen like magic.

THe only ingredient i tohught i could be allergic too was the lemon oil as citrus oils can be stimulating but I guess it's only a small amount as its absolutely fine.

I'm pretty sure its olive squalene but honestly email them and ask -they are really helpful.
xx

here is lovelula's ingredient policy
Vegetarian Cosmetics & Skincare

Most of the skincare products we stock are vegan.

The non vegan ingredients used are beeswax, propolis, honey, milk & lanolin (from sheeps wool and which has been tested for toxic residues) - all these substances can be produced without harming the animal in any way.

Some natural cosmetics contain carmine or silk which are both ingredients produced from insects. These ingredients are all listed in the ingredient listings of each products.

HTH

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back