Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Argey. God love em they do pretty much all they can to make us happy, but they have to be firm on this one IMO as it is becoming really clear that a large number of people are being put off.

I think the situation is totally different now. Chatters won't be missing anything this time around, now that requests and interaction with a presenter are no longer available. I don't see why any right thinking person would object to chatting in a chit-chat section now, unless I'm missing anything. If you need Mirabelle's/or Help staff assistance then presumably you are seriously watching the jewellery, a newbie, or have some jewellery related difficulty. As long as folk are sensible (?lol) then I'm sure brief off topics will be fine with everyone, anything more and a little nudge into chit-chat shouldn't be a problem. Newbies (decent ones) should be able to slot into the system very easily, not having been spoilt in the past.

It may take a little getting used to, but since you can buy from chit-chat or hop back when you've done chit-chatting then what's the problem (I accept I may have missed something)? With reams of nonsense/too personal chit-chat removed, then chat would be much easier to follow for everyone.

Mirabelle will simply just not be allowed to leave her post unmanned :mysmilie_61: thus keeping everyone happy. xxxxx

PS - I didn't know you couldn't buy from the old chit-chat Myra, perhaps that aspect could be fixed. If not, then I would concede that there is no point in its presence. x

No Argie you couldn't buy from chitroom, hence the tooing/frowing from one room to the other...
pmpl @ Argey I evisaged mysef being tied to a post there for a minute!!!!:mysmilie_61:

Mirabelle xx

I managed to buy from the chit room no problem more than once.......maybe I am just special!!!! Lol!!! :)

No Argie you couldn't buy from chitroom, hence the tooing/frowing from one room to the other...
pmpl @ Argey I evisaged mysef being tied to a post there for a minute!!!!:mysmilie_61:

Mirabelle xx

Perhaps petty cash could run to a gavel and town crier's bell for you Myra :mysmilie_696: xxx

Moderators are a good idea I think. But you have to be careful who......power can go to peoples heads and maybe 'some' would be prejudice on incidents that might have happened in the past.

I am not sure about the second room. It didn't work previously as you couldnt ask questions to the presenters etc no interaction. Thinking about this as I type, I don't think a second room would work. Say you are chatting away in chitchat room and suddenly an amazing necklace came on and you wanted to know the length, you'd have to interrupt your conversation and move rooms, ask the question and await a response. And by this time you might have missed out! So I can't see it working personally.

However, some form of moderators could work.

Yeah, yeah so I'm ancient, but does anyone here remember the cash and receipt tubes in department stores that used to send little boxes of money to one cash point attendant, who would send the little box back with change and receipt? Perhaps chit-chat could have one of those for sending out orders :mysmilie_697: xxxx

They did use it amf...it just died off, it wasn't used enough to warrant it and like I said that was twice they gave it a go..
If they do decide to give it a 3rd try we can only see how long that would last
chatters stay there to do just that while awaiting the piece of jewelery that catches their eye..when in the other room chitchatting they would miss it.
that was another reason people didnt use it.... I was just wondering did you ever use the chit room amf? :) I did and to be honest didn't care for it much.

If we keep finding niggles and faults all the time we may lose chat alltogether! although it's one of Rocks best features, it may not be worth their while to continue with it! which would be a shame.

Mirabelle xx

I did actually used the chit chat room when i needed to, which wasn't often as chat is way to cliquey. I can't see how people would miss an item if they were in the chit chat room as you could still buy.
We could also lose chat altogether if chatters continue to post about personal & health issues that shouldn't be discussed in a jewellery chat room.

hee hee VG!!!!!! More special than special on a special day...that's me!!! hee hee!!

Moderators are a good idea I think. But you have to be careful who......power can go to peoples heads and maybe 'some' would be prejudice on incidents that might have happened in the past.

I am not sure about the second room. It didn't work previously as you couldnt ask questions to the presenters etc no interaction. Thinking about this as I type, I don't think a second room would work. Say you are chatting away in chitchat room and suddenly an amazing necklace came on and you wanted to know the length, you'd have to interrupt your conversation and move rooms, ask the question and await a response. And by this time you might have missed out! So I can't see it working personally.

However, some form of moderators could work.

There's something of a lesson here, if you are the one having the long chat then surely you should be the one that suffers this slight inconvenience and not everyone else. We are only talking of long conversations after all, in which case those folk are probably missing most of the action anyway. It also has to be borne in mind that quite a bit of Myra's help get's lost in all the whittering and arguing. xxxx

I managed to buy from the chit room no problem more than once.......maybe I am just special!!!! Lol!!! :)

Yes you could buy while having the chitchat room on as opposed to the rocks chat one.

What people didn't like about the chitchat was the presenters couldn't see it but that wouldn't be an issue now as the presenters don't see the chat anymore.

Not to mention all the whingeing & b*tching that would occur, e.g. 'why is she a moderator, I've been around longer/bought more stuff than her....!' lol
Moderators work best on car forums etc. because they're full of, well, blokes for the most part & they tend to do as they're told, not get 'offended' every 5 minutes & respond well even to final warnings of 'shut up or s*d off' if necessary - women are much harder to control & to get to shut up! lol (Sorry but having been around forums for gawd knows how many years, this is, sadly, true!) :mysmilie_11:

Yes you could buy while having the chitchat room on as opposed to the rocks chat one.

What people didn't like about the chitchat was the presenters couldn't see it but that wouldn't be an issue now as the presenters don't see the chat anymore.

DARN IT!!!! Thought it was something done just for me there for a minute!!! Not as special as I thought I was, obviously! :(

I did actually used the chit chat room when i needed to, which wasn't often as chat is way to cliquey. I can't see how people would miss an item if they were in the chit chat room as you could still buy.
We could also lose chat altogether if chatters continue to post about personal & health issues that shouldn't be discussed in a jewellery chat room.

totally agree, the chat is often very cliquey and the fact that people are not willing to respect rocktv and not discuss personal/health related issues is spoiling it for others.
people need to remember this is a jewellery shopping channel and a business and not their own personal chat site.

I think the main reason the chit chat room didn't work before was because the presenters couldn't see or interact with it. People who did use it and saw an item they liked come on air could buy it from chit chat but, if they had a question for the presenter, had to change room to pose that query. Having said that, with all the things the auctioneer has to think about, there has never been any guarantee that a question in chat will be picked up on in any case. I think a lot of people were just a bit ******-minded about the 2 room system.

Now that the presenter can't see chat at all, the 2 chat room idea is a completely different matter as it would be a level playing field now.

I have always said that the chat room was a great idea as people will drop in and stay longer because of that facility. However, with the trouble it is now causing and the the wider audience Rocks now attracts, perhaps it has had its day.

Last edited:
Not to mention all the whingeing & b*tching that would occur, e.g. 'why is she a moderator, I've been around longer/bought more stuff than her....!' lol
Moderators work best on car forums etc. because they're full of, well, blokes for the most part & they tend to do as they're told, not get 'offended' every 5 minutes & respond well even to final warnings of 'shut up or s*d off' if necessary - women are much harder to control & to get to shut up! lol (Sorry but having been around forums for gawd knows how many years, this is, sadly, true!) :mysmilie_11:

So what's wrong with this forum then. Anyway girlies may have hissy-fits but at least we ain't punchin' each other's lights out every five minutes :mysmilie_61: I can think of a few men on here who don't "respond well" to being told to shut up and go away. xx

Hi, as a "newbie" to Rocks and ST (Oct 2009) maybe I shouldn't add my tuppence worth....but here goes. I too have been put off recently with way to much personal health info, constant DEMANDS for items when we know requests are not instantly available anymore, and general rants of some description. However, I dont want to give up on Rocks, I love the way things are run, the quality of the jewellery, the CS is second to none and the presenters are lovely. I really hope they don't do away with the chat, but I do feel it needs somebody to moderate. Recent nasty comments drove Mira away for a while, but I'm glad she came back, she was missed by most. Junesie.

There's something of a lesson here, if you are the one having the long chat then surely you should be the one that suffers this slight inconvenience and not everyone else. We are only talking of long conversations after all, in which case those folk are probably missing most of the action anyway. It also has to be borne in mind that quite a bit of Myra's help get's lost in all the whittering and arguing. xxxx

good point argey, posts that are jewellery related such as mirabelles help on items being auctioned etc can easily get missed/lost amongst the personal chat. That is such a shame if that happens as i think that is the chats main purpose, to help people who are there wanting to buy jewellery. help newbies learn about the way rockstv works, how to bid, how long you can keep items it basket etc. if someone asks a genuine valid jewellery related question and gets back a stream of health moans they may not bother to buy or return.

I think the main reason the chit chat room didn't work before was because the presenters couldn't see or interact with it. People who did use it and saw an item they liked come on air could buy it from chit chat but, if they had a question for the presenter, had to change room to pose that query. Having said that, with all the things the auctioneer has to think about, there has never been any guarantee that a question in chat will be picked up on in any case. I think a lot of people were just a bit ******-minded about the 2 room system.

Now that the presenter can't see chat at all, the 2 chat room idea is a completely different matter as it would be a level playing field now.

I have always said that the chat room was a great idea as people will drop in and stay longer because of that facility. However, with the trouble it is now causing and the the wider audience Rocks now attracts, perhaps it has had its day.

Oh no!
2.gif
Someone cut it down quick. xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back